Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes

Mature, bloody action game satirizes game culture poorly.

Based on 1 review

No reviews yetAdd your rating
Adult Written bySam Marrick February 5, 2019

A poor game with heart

I want to make it clear that its very clear passion went into this game. The earnest and funny homage's to gaming history, the handling of the characters and the creative, but not overwhelming, style show that Suda51 is back in his true creative element after his big studio/pandering/"sellout" games like Lollipop Chainsaw and Shadows of The Damned (which he didnt have full creative control over). But that said; the game is just repetitive and shallow. With only brief breaks from monotony with level gimmicks. It feels too long even tho its really short. Action doesnt even have the violent "oomf" of the mainline games. Adult Content: Nowhere near as violent as the other 2 NMH games. Blood only appears on the walls of one stage (no bodies) and in a cheesy 90's style FMV cutscene. All enemies just burst into pixels. There is dark subject matter regarding violence in the story and dialog though. There is also plenty of swearing and innuendo. But thats it. I'm glad it wasn't 60 dollars but even 40 may be asking a bit much.