All member reviews for True Crime: New York City

Gritty tale of crime and redemption -- adults only.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Parent of a 16 and 17 year old Written byFoley Wickson June 28, 2014

Not so bad!

Although there might be bad language, I believe 13 year olds use this language all the time when we're not looking. Yes I do agree about the sexual content in this, but with all the technology in the world, their going to be looking at it soon enough we all know that (We don't want to admit it, but we know it's true) There is some violence in this game but almost all games that boys play have this type of violence in it people killing, shooting, bar fights (don't see this very often, but some games have it), and more. There might be the option of being a bad cop in this but there's also the option to be a good cop. Most Boy games don't have good messages in it anyway, it's mostly for entertainment. In the drugs area, this may be going a bit over board on it. I do believe this isn't a very good example. I believe that this game should be in the 13 or 14 year old range.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheTrillonaire July 5, 2013

OK for kids 13+

I love this game since 2006.
Teen, 16 years old Written byUSCTrojan May 27, 2012

I LOVE THIS GAME !!!

I got it when i was 11 years old. Now i lost the game,but getting it this week. What i don't like about the game is i don't know how to jump or sprint.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhomealonefan123 December 14, 2011

perfect for all ages!

i don't care what people say about this game it is perfect foe all ages!
Kid, 10 years old August 21, 2011

play it

loved it so cool
Teen, 14 years old Written bydrizzle1251 June 9, 2011

fine for 12 year olds

its sumwhat violent and has some language but by the time a kid is in fifth grade they know all the meanings of those words and can handle them. violence and blood are involved but what makes this game differ from grand theft auto is that you play as a cop and can choose to do good. it is extremely fun and u could always turn low the volume and turn off subtitles so that u cannot hear the swearing or see it at the bottom of the screen. a lot of kids will wanna play this so let them get this. remember, just because you bought this one doesn't give them a right to get every "M" game in sight.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKiPunk11 January 21, 2011

I played this game for the first time in 5th grade. Was it appropriate for me? No. Was it a blast? Yes. I was a super-crime fighting badass and that's what makes this game so cool to me. If your kid's killing innocents and selling evidence it's entirely their choice. It's tempting at times to go on a rampage, but it is indeed a healthy release. Bad guys are bad, and the "good" guys who're bad gets what was coming to 'em. There's sex shops and strip clubs, the pedestrians swear almost infallibly, and there's tons of gore, (beheading old women is a particularly gratuitous example) you can involve yourself in illegal fighting circuits and street racing syndicates, and the story from the start is about a drug cartel, but as the M rating suggests, anyone Seventeen or older can handle this. (I'm fifteen and re-own it after trading it for Golden Sun on GBA)
Teen, 14 years old Written bytempagency October 16, 2010

Fun but for older kids.

Fun game, but it's kinda bad I guess.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTHUG2 October 9, 2010

It does have a lot curses, but it has a good message. In the game your a cop fighting crime. Nothing wrong with that. You can choose to be a good cop or a bad cop. I thought it was a good game.
Kid, 12 years old October 1, 2009

I prefer these to the GTA series, but overall, the content is probably worse. Constant explicit unprovoked swearing immediately are a negative. However, the map is massive, and you have the ability to actually explore indoor areas like nightclubs and supermarkets. Not for kids.
Adult Written byHAK November 14, 2008

uhhu

Okay you can't protect them forever. Especially if you go to public school. I did. I hated it.
Teen, 17 years old Written byMr. A April 9, 2008

It's ok

The game is ok. My mom didn't want to buy it for me, and I asked my friend. My mom sad that this game isn't too bad.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymario39 April 9, 2008

this cool to play between ages 12 & up

Some kids don't really pay attention to what is going on, they just want to be able to have fun and enjoy the game. Half the time they don't even notice or they don't evn know what it means.
Adult Written bybalusa April 9, 2008

Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

a stupid game

so stupid!!!
Adult Written bylildude April 9, 2008

i lauhed

please try this game is the booomb
Adult Written byfmike14 April 9, 2008

Adult Written byabababasde April 9, 2008

this video game is fine!

Firstly u can choose how u live your life as a cop. meaning you can create your life as happy as a bunny!
Teen, 16 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

I cried

I think that you should let kids play truecrime because it's about what's going on in the real world today and they should be able to know because some parents don't tell them about it until it happens and that is to late so if the parents let them play this game then they'll all the stuff that the parents ain't gonna tell them unitl it happens and sometimes the parents don't even tell them at all and they need to know it because it's life and that's the way life goes and you can't do nothing about because if they don't get it from here then they'll get it off of another games that's the same way but you won't know until another parent tell ask you have you hurd about that new game that's just like truecrime but you don't need a password or an age to play it and your gonna be saying in your head what was the use of blocking the true crime game.
Adult Written bytonysnowgop April 9, 2008

I would like to take my time here to absolutely discrace this website. The people who created this site are right wing fanactics that care about their children at a very disturbing level. My opinion, they will learn about all the obsenities that you want to protect them from starting in the 7th grade. Lets be real, can you protect them forever??