All member reviews for Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Teen, 13 years old Written byNiluda February 21, 2011

Exceptional Great, But Only for 13+!

First of all, this is an amazing game. Outstanding. But it IS a it inappropriate at some points. The enemy is absolutely ruthless; he will kill his own men if they are disobedient, and he kills an innocent man in cold blood. Nathan Drake is an exceptional role model for doing what he likes which is fortune hunting, but he always gets caught up in these messes, which he doesn't like or want. But throughout the game, he racks up a large body count with MANY different types of guns. But some of the things he does, (jumping from building, swinging on poles, etc.), are absolutely amazing. This game also has AMAZING graphics, much better than any other game. This game is also a bit educational and got me a bit into history, (which was nearly impossible), as it has all the background information of Marco Polo and what happened to him and his men, but about halfway through the game it starts to get more fiction-like, (obviously). This game should definitely be 'T' for the loads of violence and one sex-related scene. And I must say, while playing other games such as Call of Duty at my friend's house, (I'm not allowed to play 'M' games yet), Uncharted 2 is very similar in terms of violence, but not in language. All in all, I find this game exceptionally great, but really only for 13 and up. Some parts, (including Drake getting shot in the gut and blood spewing out), could be a bit frightening for younger kids
Kid, 11 years old May 23, 2010

The other side of the gaming story (kids opinions)

Great game. I don't see why the website says "not for kids" on most of the games i play. Its just that i know the difference from right and wrong. I beleive kids 11+ can play this!
Kid, 12 years old March 25, 2011

Just explain.

You can turn off online interactions, which seems to be the main problem for you guys. Then they can't go online, talk to people, all that jazz. My only concern is the sex but if at age 10 they don't have a clue about making babies there's a problem. You don't have to describe the entire thing, but they should know enough that when two people are in bed like that they are having sex.
Kid, 12 years old January 23, 2013

One Of The Best Games Of All Time Is Extremely Suggestive For A T Game

This game is one of the best games I have ever played if not the best. It is also probably the most inapropriate. Bullet wounds are shown on screen. Granted there is not as much blood but much more gore. One character gets shot in the head at point blank range. Another character gets shot in the head with an arrow and you see the arrow go in the mans head. One character gets hit by a bus. One character is beat to death. A few characters can be very scary. The game is extremely suspenful near the end and you can never tell when someone is about to be shot point blank. One character blows himself up with a grenade that was in his hand. A girl nearby is injured very bad by this explosion. In stelthiar levels you can snap peoples necks. In one level you can shoot a driver and the entire car will fall of a cliff. There is one sex scene off screen but you see the women climb and kiss the other character on a bed. A few suggestive lines include a joke about prostitutes and an erection. Sh*t, B*tch, B*sterd, D*mn, and any thing below that are used almost constantly. One character smokes a cigar in almost every scene he is in. This game is amazing and feels like a really good movie. I can't wait to play the sequel.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykratos321 February 6, 2011

i think this game is appropiate for anyone whos 13 or over.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhiyowasup August 12, 2012

Great Game!

This is a great, action-packed game. A great alternative to the gears of war, Halo, or Call of Duty series, all of which are rated M. It's constant action most of the time, with some great puzzles that can really get you thinking. The campaign is great, probably the best one I've seen in any game! The cutscenes, the voiceovers, the graphics, the expressions of the character makes you feel so immeresed in the game. The story-line is top-notch, and it feels like a movie, but you are the hero. There is a bit of swearing in this game, but its very infrequent, usually only during battles when you can't even really hear it. And don't forget the mutiplayer, which although isn't as refined as Uncharted 3's, is A LOT of fun. Overall, this is a great game, and since the new Uncharted 3 has come out, the cost has dropped also.
Kid, 10 years old June 22, 2012

Parents read This (sorry for making it so long)

I personlly think its fine as long as you know your child.Yes there is some swearing but if you had villains who slauter anybody and they were after you you would to.I loved the game and I'm only 10.You play as a tresure hunter who descended from Sir Francis Drake and an old friend drops by saying he found a clue to what happend to marco polo.You set of and steal something from a museum where then your "friend" turns on you.the police lock you up but then your friend sully comes and gets you out.Your friends girlfriend turns out to be on your side.You then raid the camp and find out a war criminal is searching for it too. You adventully find out that hes after the cintimanti ston and shan'grila. If you have let your child see die hard or bad boys or even airforce one then you know what violence is.Its less violent then all those movies.And plus theres enough cutscenes to make it almost a movie.Well there you go parents you decide (Also make them act responsible and say"I was thinking maybe that if you act grown up you can get a grown up game." Worked for me :)
Teen, 15 years old Written byRyanRaptor November 10, 2011

Adding to the list of Bad Language

Commensensemedia forgot to mention under Language that they use J***s name in vain.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycooliobigfart11 November 4, 2011

For families who are iffy about getting there children it

Uncharted 3 is a really good game for kids 10+. Other than the occasional cursing and violence it's not at all bad
Kid, 11 years old May 17, 2011

No.1 Game on the PlayStation 3 so far.
Kid, 12 years old March 21, 2011

Awesomeness!!!!

Hey, I admit it, I love this game. Of course there is some blood, but nothing as graphic. One time, for instance, a guy get's murdered by the sychopathic bad guy. BUY THIS GAME!
Kid, 12 years old February 11, 2011

Tweens and Teens Will Love it.

This game is one of the best on the ps3. The concern of violence should be put into small consideration. You can kill people then blood can be seen but it is nothing to be worried about. During the game you can hear swear words and also at the beginning the main character is seen drinking beer, nothing big there though. It is also easy to play, my friend came over and he picked it up and beat a chapter.
Kid, 10 years old November 7, 2010

Good for kids who want a action game.

Way better than the original, and more appropriate.Parents wont like the shooting, but most of the game is obstacles, and the only langauge is like one s word, but the rest is mild.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDa_masta_snipa February 8, 2015

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves...the best game EVER!

This game is amazing. It's like a playable movie. There is some suggestive scenes. In one scene, Chloe climbs on top of Nate (both are fully clothed) and straddles him. They proceed to make out. There is some dialogue that suggests that the two have had sex. There is plenty of violence and blood, in one scene a character has been shot and is laying against a rock. The main antagonist Lazarevic "puts him out of his misery". The main character is shot, blood is shown. A man accidentally kills himself. The main character detonates resin in a tree, killing the main antagonist. There is plenty of swearing, including sh*t, son of a b*tch, hell, ass, p*ssy, damn. There is minor drinking.
Kid, 12 years old November 2, 2014

Suggestive clothing and blood, the less kid-freindly version of tomb raider underworld,

easy to play, hard to master. amazing becuase of its strategy but a bit suggestive and violent
Teen, 13 years old Written byninjasagamaster August 5, 2014

Its a good game, there is some language such as sh**,b**ch and a**. There is violence and some blood. There is some sexuality for example Nathan is in a bed and a girl comes in the door and they start... but its in a movie and you can skip them.You can buy upgrades with in-game money.
Kid, 11 years old March 15, 2014

awesome game

This is an awesome game for 10+ although it does have a lot of swearing in it personally I don't really care since it is a game and I know that it happens in real life and it depends on context entirely.parents should know that there can be a lot of blood on the main protagonist at certain parts of the game.overall it's a great game for people who like puzzle games and 3rd person shooters (a lot of shooting).
Teen, 17 years old Written byDragonslyr1000 February 22, 2014

Uncharted 2

The best game in the series. This game may not have an excellent mulitplayer mode but the singleplayer makes up for it. They mention a butt 1 time but thats ok.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThedude68683 February 3, 2014

What I think

I got this game in May 2010 for a rental schools out and I get this the night summer vacation started beat it within a day of gaming and that was an awesome day because this game is epically made the story kicked off with a bang and then flashbacks then back to where you where after the flashbacks
Kid, 12 years old November 16, 2013

awesome game

A few sex jokes violence and some bad words, and Nathen Drake is not much of a hero but still likeable and not a villain. It is really good though.