All member reviews for Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Kid, 10 years old October 5, 2010

Awesome, few games are better.

Its so much more appropriate than Drakes Fortune and Better. Buy it. Its the king of action games!
Kid, 10 years old December 24, 2009

I love this game for it's graphics, easy play and adventure. My mom won't let me play it with out though her.
Teen, 15 years old Written byThe Informer October 18, 2009

Amazing!

This game is incredible! This is the best game I've played this year! The graphics are amazing, and the production designs are even better. The gameplay is terrific and the online is fun and exciting. This game is violent though, with a pretty good deal of blood, some brief sexual moments and a good deal of swearing, but nothing too bad for teens. This game is an absolute must-buy!
Teen, 14 years old Written byNo Name, for real. February 25, 2012

LEARNING

Unremittingly violent, and rollicking cinematic adventure,thats fine for teens

While it's not over-the-top compared to other games, this game does include shooting, killing, beating, broken necks, and some blood. Theirs also an actual high amount of swearing, with a surprisingly high count of swearwords. Best left for teens :)
Kid, 12 years old February 5, 2012

Ps3 wins the battle.

best game made on ps3 and xbox 360
Teen, 13 years old Written bygpninjahunter August 5, 2011

Unique game

I thought uncharted was a great starter game for me. The cinematic experiences were truly memorable. I can still remember hanging off a cliff, clutching one of the bars in a train as it dangled off the edge. I think this game would apply more to teens and adults for it to truly be appreciated. At some points, drak, the protagonist, will curse. But when you're being by giant armored gorillas armed with crossbows, something is bound to slip, you know? Gunfights play a large part in the story, but so do interesting puzzles. I think is acceptable for the rating it gets: T
Teen, 14 years old Written byBetaBoy June 29, 2011

From A No-no to a Go-go

So, when my parents let me buy the game, I was extremely ecstatic. Here's why: this game had incredible hype, received over 50 game of the year awards, and to this day is still revered as one of the greatest games of all time. But I can't say my parents shared my enthusiasm for the game... atleast in the preliminary stages... My parents actually watched me play about 80% of the game and at points, my dad would say things like, "Wow, look at the graphics of that scene!" Or, after a particular swear word, a disapproving grunt. But it truly is amazing how my dad's attitude changed over the course of the game. He legitimately fell in love with game! He loved the graphics, the action-movie like theme, etc. In fact, my used-to-despise-video-games-father now tells me to change from the game im playing at the moment to Uncharted 2. That's how good it is. No joke. Sure, there's the expletives to be wary about and the gameplay involves constant shooting. But in the end, this game leaves you with such a lasting appeal. Something I haven't had in a very long time.
Teen, 14 years old Written byshootin man January 21, 2011

shooter maniac

good for kids 11 as long as they know not to swear all the time and kill.
Kid, 12 years old January 1, 2011

Good for anyone over 12,

I love this game so much, but they do use many mild profanities. Other than the violence and language there is nothing to complain about.
Kid, 10 years old October 11, 2010

good adventure game should be e10

so much better than the first uncharted. i wish it was 2 player though. Its sort of violent, but your mostly getting through obstacles and stuff like that.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPlaystehPiano June 26, 2010

Best game I've ever played, but has lots of swearing and violence

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves is, by far, the BEST game I've ever played. It's got a great story, amazing visuals, fantastic gameplay, and exciting multiplayer. However, this game is not for everyone, especially younger kids. All characters swear- a lot. They usually say these things in sticky situations, when bombs go off, and when they're yelling at each other in anger. Words include a--, sh--, go-----, da--. a-- wipe, bi---, son of a bi---, and other variations. The violence is crazy- blood spurts out graphically out of enemies, and there is a large array of arsenal for Nathan Drake, the protagonist, to choose. You must use these wisely to help you defeat certain kinds of foes, especially towards the end of the game. You can fight in fistfights, which are graphic but involve good timing. Players are encouraged, however, to "silent kill" or "assassinate" enemies by sneaking up behind and choking them to death, which is also quite grisly. There is one scene where Nathan and Chloe, two protagonists, lay on top of one another, and the scene following suggests they had an affair. Nothing is actually shown. After all this, what good can you find? Nathan and his friends work together to stop a Russian war-psycho who is on a quest to steal the treasure of Shambala- the Chintamanti (I think that's what it's called) stone. Nathan displays courage, devotion, and follows the rule of "no man left behind." Overall, UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves is a must have on the PS3, but is not for younger kids at all.
Teen, 16 years old Written byiamJMAN00793 June 21, 2010

Uncharted 2 is better than the original!

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is just AMAZING if you own a PS3 you have to get this game. The graphics are excellent, the gameplay extremely fun and the story incredible. While Uncharted 2 is one of the best games I have ever played it is not perfect. Violence is always present with lots of shooting and killing although there is little blood in-game and no gore but there is a scene where Drake wakes up clutching his side and when he takes his hand a way he sees it covered in blood. The language in Uncharted 2 is defiantly worse than in the first game with s*** being used 20+ times during the campaign along with a**, h***, d***, g**d*** and both b-words. There is also at least half a dozen suggestive comments and one scene where Cloe climbs on top of Drake while he's on a bed. You can skip the videos which would remove some of the language and suggestive comments. So there you have it the pros and cons of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.
Teen, 14 years old Written byceek April 10, 2010

Teen, 13 years old Written bytommy18 January 3, 2010

Earns its Teen Rating

Uncharted 2 is an amazing action adventure game with plenty of shooting but also plenty of bad role models, Nate. The main character will do anything to get a giant sapphire and will shoot,stab or jump through absolutely everything. There is lots of blood in close quarters combat. Lots of puzzles. It was ok for me so. Its ok for most.
Kid, 11 years old January 28, 2011

one of the best games ever

i love this game i got it not to long ago and i lke howithas medals and rewards so you can set yourself to get all the medals i havenot played it online but its still a great game
Teen, 13 years old Written byBeefedude November 20, 2010

Perfect game for ages 10 and older.

Great game, possibly my favorite. I enjoyed every minute of the puzzle solving, action, and story. This game brings a Indiana Jones feel but with a different interesting character. Yet you can see similarities with stuff like National Treasure and Tomb Raider.
Teen, 14 years old Written byZorkonion October 30, 2010

Good for 14+

Good game, nice graphics smooth gameplay. Not recommended for kids under 14.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheEverythingman September 21, 2010

mid thirteens and no younger.

I havn't played the full game, but i did play the demo and in just thefirst few minutes I heard "S***T" two or three times. there isn't that much blood and it has pretty good controls. cinimatics are awesome and the game its self has beautiful graphics. Its like an interactive, more violent like Indiana Jones. some of the first gameplay minutes I played you're run off the road and are forced to run from a jeep full of rivel treasure hunters (or something like that) that are shooting at you. Super adrenalin rush! You can play online with your friends in head to head gun play and as always I stongly advise against online play with strangers because you will most likely hear the f bomb dropped more than a clowns pants. An awesome game though, but not for younger than a teen.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySlugger0307 August 13, 2010

Must be a teen

its a good game but violate
Teen, 16 years old Written byhawk80 June 15, 2010

Incredible Adventure, Just fine for teens

VERY awesome game! The scenery is beautiful and it's just an incredible expirence. Appropriate for teens, although language can be a little much for a concerned parent as it is used frequently. The suggestive content isn't quite as bad as the article stated in my opinion, although the one scene that contains suggestive content does show the characters kiss on a bed, but it is very brief. I absolutley thought this game was incredible, and it was LIKE AN INTERACTIVE MOVIE more than a video game. It's flat out mind-blowing. This is certainley a MUST-PLAY for anybody for a PS3. (The story even caughtt my parents' interests). :)