All member reviews for Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Teen, 15 years old Written byJdw3po May 4, 2013

Sequel better than original. Still has excessive language.

Among thieves is a great sequel to a good game. I would give it a 10 of 10 any day. You have the classic Indiana jones treasure hunting action mixed with great characters and a gripping story. This time drake is searching for a hidden city in the Himalayas. It also introduces some new characters to the series. The violence is about the same as the first one with frequent cover based gun fights and fist fights also using rockets and grenades to kill pirates, thieves, ect. There's always a small spray of blood whenever you shoot someone but nothing to bad. Sex isn't much of an issue only one scene where drake and Chloe passionately kiss and fall into bed together but nothing is shown. Language is bad for a t rated game. Words used are sh*t, da*n, son of a b**ch, GD, bas**rd, and as**ole. There is little drinking and sully never takes a cigar out of his mouth. It's a great game no doubt. For ages 14+.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJarHed February 22, 2013

Amazing

Kid, 8 years old January 13, 2013

Great game!

Awesome! but it has smoking and some drinking. Tons of shooting and stabbing and fighting. Some suggestive stuff and plenty of language.
Kid, 11 years old November 10, 2012

Fun Fun Fun!!!!

love it!! Especially the very first part.
Kid, 11 years old October 8, 2012

Great Game!

It is a appropriate game for children 9+ as long as your child understands what is happening and that it is just a game. It would also be advisable to check on your child from time to time.
Kid, 12 years old September 18, 2012

Great multiplayer and action filled!

Great game. The multiplayer is amazing. A little violent but it is okay for kids who are 12 or 13.
Kid, 11 years old August 26, 2012

Better than the first one.

I think Uncharted 2 is better than the first one. There are a few tough spots, but it's a very good game. Some swearing, smoking, and blood but it's a fun game.
Kid, 11 years old August 8, 2012

Great Game

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is a great third person shooter game. This is not like Gears of War or any other M game. Violence includes shooting with a diffrent wepons like rpg's machine guns, guns, snipers and more. There's also melee combat and stealth mode, when you come close to a enemy without him noticing you, you can preform chokeholds neck snapping and more. Theres one suggestive scene and some kissing. There's some language but no F- words. Overral this is a great game but 11 and younger can't play it
Teen, 13 years old Written bycod uncharted guy July 26, 2012

best game ever

i thought it was the best uncharted game but when i got uncharted 3 it was 1000 times better. the bad thing is that there's a cutscene when a female player seductively sitting on top of a male character while on a bed
Kid, 10 years old July 18, 2012

Very fun and exciting game

Uncharted is about a treasure hunter Nathaniel Drake and while he's searching for the treasure he runs into bad guys. When you fight bad guys in hand-to-hand combat you can sleeper hold them, punch them, elbow in the back of the head, throw them over your back, and kick them in the groin. There isn't much blood period whether it's shooting or hand-to-hand combat. When you shoot it's not like an auto lock you can target different parts of the body. Nathaniel Drake does curse. Victor Sullivan, Nathaniel's partner smokes a cigar. Also there's a cut scene where they are drinking beer.
Teen, 14 years old Written byteen_n_happy June 12, 2012

Best.

Got his game for x-mas. Think it's very fun, but not for children or Tweens.
Kid, 9 years old May 21, 2012

LEARNING

Buy It for a mature kid.

I'm a huge fan of the uncharted series. The language is not to bad. The sexual content is very strong, but for a very short time. Drake, who is the main character sets a very good example. I'd purchase this game for a very mature 12 year old. Hoped this review helped.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 March 14, 2012

Great game for all ages.

Nothing too big,some violence here and there but nothing you wouldn't really catch while walking to school,on the other side of the road.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNo Name, for real. February 25, 2012

LEARNING

Unremittingly violent, and rollicking cinematic adventure,thats fine for teens

While it's not over-the-top compared to other games, this game does include shooting, killing, beating, broken necks, and some blood. Theirs also an actual high amount of swearing, with a surprisingly high count of swearwords. Best left for teens :)
Kid, 12 years old February 5, 2012

Ps3 wins the battle.

best game made on ps3 and xbox 360
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn November 4, 2011

Fast, funny and intense sequel is best experienced by teens

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves first debuted in 2009, a sequel to a very good game named Uncharted: Drakes Fortune. Personally, I think that while this game is actually a little bit overrated with all of the reviews and the universal acclaim, it is still a very good sequel, and can even stand up on it's own right, even if playing the original would help a little better to get you more familiar with the plot, characters and various others franchise trademarks. Still, even though this game is only Rated T for teen, this is not a game for young children or even young tween's, with lot's of bloody shootouts and constant action sequences, some sexual references including a implied sex scene early on in the game, and also, frequent profanity which is much stronger and more frequent than in most other T Rated games, but there are no F-words. Finally, I would just like to say, that while, yes, this game is quiet overrated, it is still a heck of a lot of fun and if you are a gamer and own a PlayStation 3, than check this game out immediately, if you haven't already done so.
Teen, 13 years old Written byH3LPing_people_OUT October 3, 2011

buy it for kids!

multiplayer just mute other people and single player skip videos that are innapropriate. Done! (imma kid and i play this game because i cant play M games
Teen, 13 years old Written bygpninjahunter August 5, 2011

Unique game

I thought uncharted was a great starter game for me. The cinematic experiences were truly memorable. I can still remember hanging off a cliff, clutching one of the bars in a train as it dangled off the edge. I think this game would apply more to teens and adults for it to truly be appreciated. At some points, drak, the protagonist, will curse. But when you're being by giant armored gorillas armed with crossbows, something is bound to slip, you know? Gunfights play a large part in the story, but so do interesting puzzles. I think is acceptable for the rating it gets: T
Kid, 11 years old August 4, 2011

12 and up, Half game, half movie.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is by far the best game I have ever played. With the most stunning visuals in any game, you need to let your kids play this. Even if you don't want them playing this, get it for yourself. If your child has already played the first one, just tell them you don't want them acting these things out, as the 2nd is more violent. This game has a mildly strong occasional language, with uncommon uses of the word b*t*h, said about 4 times in the whole game. The blood is at a pretty high level for a teen game, as when you punch the enemy, several splatters of blood come out, as in the first cut scene drake is covered in blood, coming all from his side. **SPOILERS!** In the last chapter Elena has been severely injured by Flynn, and she too is drenched in her own blood. And this is why you don't really need to be a teen for this game.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBetaBoy June 29, 2011

From A No-no to a Go-go

So, when my parents let me buy the game, I was extremely ecstatic. Here's why: this game had incredible hype, received over 50 game of the year awards, and to this day is still revered as one of the greatest games of all time. But I can't say my parents shared my enthusiasm for the game... atleast in the preliminary stages... My parents actually watched me play about 80% of the game and at points, my dad would say things like, "Wow, look at the graphics of that scene!" Or, after a particular swear word, a disapproving grunt. But it truly is amazing how my dad's attitude changed over the course of the game. He legitimately fell in love with game! He loved the graphics, the action-movie like theme, etc. In fact, my used-to-despise-video-games-father now tells me to change from the game im playing at the moment to Uncharted 2. That's how good it is. No joke. Sure, there's the expletives to be wary about and the gameplay involves constant shooting. But in the end, this game leaves you with such a lasting appeal. Something I haven't had in a very long time.