All member reviews for Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Teen, 16 years old Written byfreeze2270 November 23, 2011

Not your average FPS

Uncharted 3 is a fast paced adventure game that your kids will love! It involves a single player campaign where your goal is to steal back an ancient family relic from a women and her henchmen. To aid you in this task are your three friends, Victor Sullivan, or Sully, Chloe, and an undercover agent of yours who was working for the women stated earlier. Team work is needed to complete most tasks, which are never that hard to complete. Everything you ever need to know about a task is written in Drakes notebook or hinted to you if you spend to long trying to get somewhere. Uncharted 3 also comes with a multiplayer game mode where you use team work to earn enough points to win a game, whether its capturing a flag or killing people, It will never get too gory. You hardly ever see blood and it does not coat your environment like an average FSP these days. You can play alone, or split your screen with a friend. Language is never a problem because most of the time the main character, Nathan Drake, favors the saying "Oh crap!" over the usual things you hear in video games these days.
Teen, 17 years old Written byCheesewhiz November 22, 2011

Great Game For Teens

Over-all, it's an amazing game. The gameplay can be a bit frustrating at times because of a few cheap deaths and some enemies that are overly powerful, but nothing that stands in the way of fun. And the graphics are beautiful making the world seem alive. And though there's a lot of violence, it's never too intense and there's very little blood. The language is mild but not much worse than the average PG movie, so that shouldn't be much of an issue for kids. Unfortunately, the story falls short of the previous titles in the uncharted series. Near the very beginning there's a flash-back of how Nate meats his partner Sully. This scene is excellent leaving me waiting for more - but there isn't. The main antagonist's right-hand man is made to seem evil, but has absolutely no back-story, and made almost no impression on me other than "he's evil, try and kill him". And the lack of the supernatural enemies (zombies in Drake's Fortune and the yetis in Honor Among Thieves) was disappointing (unless you count the flame headed enemies from the the time Nate gets drugged). Once I beat the single player campaign I tried out the split-screen co-op campaign. It isn't nearly as amazing or engrossing as the main campaign, but it's good fun never the less. The online-play is amazing but pretty violent so it might be too much for some of the younger and less mature kids. It's mainly about getting from point A to point B while protecting a certain part of the map or carrying a treasure to point B while your partner protects (or tries to) you from getting shot full of bullets. There's also the generic "Kill all the enemies" mode. So even though there are some issues, It's a great game that's definitely is worth buying.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLegoGamer December 2, 2011

Naughty Dog is Epic!!!!

Ucharted 3 is one of the best video games ever made if you own a PS3 you need to get this. The game is fast paced and full of action. Drake, Elena and even Sully are good role models. the game has a little bit of swearing and no sexual content. The game is mainly hand to hand fighting and gunfights. But all of this is covered by an Epic story better than any action movie you have seen.
Kid, 10 years old November 27, 2011

Uncharted 3 Amazing!

This game is amazing! It has intense graphics, adventure and shooting, and basically fun! I recommend this game to people that understand that violent games are not real and should not be used in real life and even though i am 10, this game is not as gory as you might think e.g call of duty. Also i recommend this to people who like third person games and loves to use stealth attacks and play online with your mates. This is definitely the best game of 2011 and the best story mode ever!
Teen, 14 years old Written bytrollface200 January 2, 2012

A Revolution in gaming.

This game is downright AMAZING. Graphics are a masterpiece, multiplayer is one hell of a time. The story is amazing. The only thing that may be bad is that some of the puzzles may be quite hard for 6 year olds. But overall this game is amazing. Buy this game for your kid, NOW. It's an amazing, spectacular, cinematic finish to one of the Playstation 3's greatest franchises ever.
Teen, 16 years old Written bysky65z December 30, 2011

One of the best video games ever created!!!!

This is an absoultley amazing game with an amazing campaign and multiplayer. However it is very violent. Like CSM says alot of this game is combat. Drake can either take down his enemies with guns or his fists. In my opinion the hand to hand combat is much more fun. When you kill someone blood can be seen and bodies don't disappear. Language- pushes t rating very oftens uses of d--n, h--l, sob, s--t, and a--. Smoking- sully often smokes a cigarette although nate doesn't like it. online- if you are worried about it just use settings to restrict it. Verdict: please even if you didn't play the first 2 games play this it is one of the best games ever created.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydantheman1you0 February 4, 2012

GREAT GAME

AWESOME GAME
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 March 14, 2012

Amazing graphics,enhanced gameplay.

Got this last week with a PS3 320GB Uncharted Bundle Pack from Amazon(I already have a 320GB PS3 Move System Bundle but had to get this too).Great deal at 400 bucks for the system and the game.I was pretty blown away at the graphics at the start of the game which make use of the PS3's 3D graphics to create a huge multi sensory immersive gaming experience.There is lots of action violence and some shooting but nevertheless a great frenetic game for all ages.Action packed and something for everyone.
Kid, 12 years old January 29, 2012

The best game ever made

Every single gamer should play Uncharted 3 - the single player (accompanied by insane graphics) is brilliant. This is perhaps the most violent teen-rated game I've played, but anyone who can appreciate the character development and storyline (11+ to me) should play. There's a lot of language for a teen game, but like I said in other reviews, people really shouldn't be concerned with that in this day and age. Fistfighting mechanics are a joy, shooting - not so much but no bad - there is a small amount of blood when people are shot. If you believe your kid can appreciate the story and amazing characters - buy this for them (if you have a PS3). It's as good as action-adventure gaming gets.
Kid, 10 years old July 25, 2012

LEARNING

one of the best ps3 games ever!!!!!!!

no f words. sulley smokes a cigar throughout the game. in the backround of the first level you see bottles of wine. you do shoot people in the game and punch, but no stabbing but the last level a guy tries to kill you with a knife. not intense violece like call of duty
Teen, 13 years old Written bytvanbev November 13, 2012

LEARNING

The best game I have ever played

Uncharted 3 is a third person shooter that has a fantasic story and decent mutliplayer. A big part of the game is using guns to kill people, though the violence is mild, unlike a Call of Duty game. The langauge is not too bad for flexible parents, but can be severe online while playing competive games. This game is the best i have played in a while, and should be perfect for anybody that can take it's semi-mature content.
Kid, 11 years old February 1, 2012

uc3 a-ok for 8+

Not a bad game but the best game
Teen, 17 years old Written byGames720 November 29, 2012

Umcharted3 drakes deception review

Has some swearing but my mum makes me mute my ps3 it's a good game the violence is very realistic but not a problem for 8-10 years.
Teen, 13 years old Written byReggarTheBear April 15, 2013

Great Game but...

First of all, this game is AMAZING. It is really fun and gives you that feeling of excitement. Okay, lets start. Violence- Your character, Drake, has a gun most of the time. You can fight with your fists if you are near a rival. The bottle-breaking on someones head is uncommon, but can happen. Sneak attacks are common. If you have enough space to melee someone who cannot see you, such as behind them, hanging on a ledge under them, etc, you can snap their neck or grab them off and pull them off. There is also a multiplayer option where you can go into battles with other people. Sex: I don't see any problem with sex in this game. There is the occasional flirting with Drake's girlfriend, but other than that there is no sex. Language is a big problem. The F word is not sued but the B***h and S**t is used a lot. At none point, Drake says Balls but that's pretty much it. Correct me if im wrong.
Teen, 17 years old Written byLargoAllegroModerato January 14, 2012

More like a movie than a game

I really like it and I think its fun to hit people on the head with a frying pan every now and then but I think they should remove all the uncensored s--t bombs.
Kid, 9 years old July 29, 2013

UNCHARTED

AWESOME,EPIC,AND MIND BLOWING
Kid, 12 years old May 22, 2013

AMAZING!

This game is hands-down amazing! I love it , and my friends love it too. This game doesn't have that much violence, (compared to Call of Duty, H.A.L.O., Battlefield, Skyrim, etc....) and there is absolutely no sexual content at all.
Kid, 12 years old May 5, 2013

Blood profanity and more

I got this game this Christmas and was quite shocked at all the violence, neck breaking, blood, profanity, drug reference (surprisingly not in the rating). Okay it's is not as violent as COD (call of duty) black ops where you knife s man in the throat and blood gushes out. I am actually very surprised that this game isn't M for mature. The campaign is as violent, graphic and has as much profanity as in MW3's campaign (Mature game). In uncharted 3 online and campaign they say s*** f*** ba***rd c**k and di**. This game is very borderline for me.
Kid, 8 years old January 12, 2013

EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uncharted 3 is awesome!!! It has plenty of swearing and violence though and Sully smokes sometimes but rarely. There is also quite a bit of hard puzzles in it but for me they are fun. It also has some blood but thats about it.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymattguy15 January 6, 2013

LEARNING

naughty dog you have done it again

some violence some language and tons of puzzles this game probably teaches more then your learning at school its filled with historical facts same with the first game