Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Action game with a great story, but also bloody gunfights.

Adult Written byCoolDad1316 May 24, 2016

Based on maturity level

Common sense just gives you the facts, but what it really depends on is you child's maturity level. If they play COD or Battlefield then their maturity level is pretty high. If you don't mind them hearing words such as "a--s", etc, or seeing mild blood, it won't be as bad as say, a Marvel Movie. Uncharted is a great game, just base it on your child's maturity level.

Parent Written bygamerdad711 May 10, 2016

Amazing story, jaw dropping graphics!

Uncharted 4 is an outstanding action game. This game is fine for people 12 and older. It does not contain extreme violence like call of duty black ops 3 where you see a lady getting burned alive, and Uncharted 4 does not contain a lot of blood which I like because some games have so much blood to the point where it is unrealistic. For sexual content, the only thing that I saw that could be considered sexual is when Nathan (the main character) kisses his wife. Uncharted 4 has a moderate amount of swearing, you'll hear words such as "d_mn" "h_ll" a_s" "sh*t" "a**hole" but they aren't very frequent. There are some uses of alcohol, but I don't think if a child sees an animated character drink alcohol will make your child into an alcoholic as long as you've taught them the affect it has on people and that it is illegal for a kid to drink. This game is fine ages 12 and up as long as they know the difference between real life and fantasy.

Adult Written byEpicGameReviews May 9, 2016

Amazing Game

Graphics are unbelievable, really good story. There is some blood and violence, but otherwise a great Indiana Jones type game.

Adult Written byTrustTheParent May 29, 2016

Uncharted

This game is great! Common sense exaggerates a little. The blood is barely noticeable , the curse words are not bad, and you are mostly shooting terrorists. Great graphics, great story makes this the best adventure game I have ever played. My son loves this game, definitely get this game, it is great!

Adult Written byHalley A. January 26, 2017

Common Sense Media made it seem way worse!

I bought this for my 12 year old son for his birthday last month, and it is not as bad as the ratings! It's not bloody violence, and you barely use the gun! Violence isn't what the game is about, the single player is about treasure hunting not violence. And the multiplayer is about teamwork. The swearing is harmless, if your character got KO-ed, your character may say the "S" word. No f-bombs. I would not play this with my son as it would be awkward for him whilst he is playing with his friends. Common Sense Media said there was "drinking" and "alcohol". Well, that's not entirely true. They're not taking shots at a bar or anything. One charter drank a can of beer in some cut scenes. Nothing bad! No drugs or anything sexual either. People don't play it for the "violence" (even though it is not very violent), they play it for the treasure hunting, as what the game is about. Basically, if you would let your kid watch Indiana Jones I don't see what they couldn't play this. It's basically the same thing! They wouldn't be stuck in their rooms all day playing it either. My son only plays it for about an hour or two playing it. And it's worth the money! It was only about 35 (Australian) dollars. Also I just need to say something. Kids should be allowed to play games such as this, Call of Duty, GTA and other games like that. They would get teased for not being allowed to play games. Especially if they are in highschool!

Adult Written byDoomsdayguy April 23, 2019

A great game for all ages

This entire website is super prejudiced against video games
Parent of a 10 year old Written byville.and April 21, 2019

Has violence but nothing more.

You kill people in the game but nothing more.

Adult Written bySub to Mr.DROPkick February 8, 2019
I was 10 when my parents let me play this game.its a very good game and has mild blood and swearing. If you have let your kid see a marvel movie I think he/she should be good it does have a little swearing but its fine. For kids if you have let them see a pg13 movie. It does have alcohol but if a family member in your family drinks just think of that

Adult Written byUnchartedfan1234 January 20, 2019

Amazing game, not what you think it is

before I get any further,I have seen lots of reviews saying "there's to much violence" well of course there's gonna be. It's rated t for teens(but there is pretty much no violence). When I asked my Mum for this game she said it was a no go because of the front cover(the man is standing there with blood on all over him and holding a gun). If I'm being honest you don't even use the gun in the game that much. But the one bad thing I think is the language. The language does not reach a f-bomb but a lot of other words such as" sh1t,damn,[email protected]£h and pr1£k. Also if you think Nate kissing his wife is innaproriate then you should not even play a e rated game. This game has an amazing game and is still my favourite of all time. I hope this review helped you and have a good day.

Adult Written byrylen n. June 13, 2018

some fixes needed

the game needed some changes like when ever you need to get up something and a box with wheels shows out of nowhere or that the auto gun aiming dose not work well enough. thank you Rylen

Parent of a 8 year old Written bycyrus yt January 7, 2018

i hate it

Uncharted is bad

Privacy & Safety
Adult Written byscrapinby05r January 6, 2018

Great game and I agree with the "T"

Take the advice from someone who has played the campaign almost 4 times! I don't think it should be bumped down because of the language, there are no F-bombs but there are a lot of sh-words but not enough to make it "M". My guess is that it says any bad word all together 30 times in the whole campaign. The game is great and I am and was aloud to play it when I was 10. (and I still am) This game isn't too bad and isn't bad enough to change a kid in any way. I hope you consider letting your kid play Uncharted 4.

Parent Written byGamer T. December 8, 2017

Parent of a 6 and 13 year old Written byjoseph h. November 23, 2017

Amazing Graphics and Storyline, for ages 12 and up

Uncharted 4 A Thief's End is a great game with stunning graphics and incredible story. This game has a fair amount of shooting, killing, and blood, but not too much. There is some language such as s**t and a**hole and also some uses of crap. That's only like PG-13 movies and tell me you're joking if you haven't seen Thor Ragnarok? Mild alcohol is consumed but nothing strong. Overall, this game is ok to play for ages 12 and up! Kids 10 to 11 can watch this game but 9 and below should NOT view any aspect of it.
Adult Written byChristianReviewer March 10, 2017

The Best Game of 2016!

Review: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End is an action-adventure game in which players assume the role of Nathan Drake as he and his brother search for the lost pirate treasure of Captain Henry Avery. Overall, Uncharted 4 is a deeply rewarding experience, as it offers the best writing of the entire series. Its deeply personal story shines light on themes of family and loss, while providing an action-packed, sprawling adventure tale of lost treasure and betrayal. The combat is also great, as it provides insane action set pieces and fluid gun play, making this the most entertaining of the series. Uncharted 4 is an astounding piece of work, as it packs a great emphasis on story and great, moving themes, making this my selection for the best game of 2016! [Overall Score: 9.7/10] Parental Guide: Drug Content [3/5] Many scenes show characters consuming alcoholic beverages, as well as tobacco usage, though is often scoffed at by the main protagonist. Sexual Content [1/5] Aside from a few "hidden" jokes and innuendo, there is virtually nothing. Profane Content [3/5] Very frequent uses of vulgarity include "S**t", "B***h", "G*d***n", "A*s", D**n", "B*****d", "P***k", "D**k", and many more. Violent Content [4/5] Easily the most violent out of the whole series, characters shoot, punch, kick, choke, and stab there way through hoards of enemies, always resulting in small puffs of blood. Characters can also sneak up on enemies, resulting in the character snapping the enemies neck. Mutilated bodies and blood splatters are also shown during the end of the game. One cut-scene in particular shows a man shoving a knife into an enemies stomach, which is by far the most violent scene of the entire game.

Parent of a 12 and 13 year old Written byAyden S. November 29, 2016

Good game

After watching my son play the first mission i was on the rocks about it so wail my kids were at school i played a little and fell in love. Yes ther are the occasional curse word but nothing a 10t could not handle. No sex scenes and nothing kids should see. You do stealth kill and show no remorse for them but What game shows remorse to a guy you killed for your safty. He lies to his but to protect her. His brother smokes but we all have to learn that smoking is a humen costem.

Adult Written byredzebra June 29, 2016

An amazing game that shouldn't be missed. Not approatite for younger teens due to some dark themes

This game would be appropriate for older teens and up due to the darker themes the player encounters. The game is about a treasure hunter racing to find a fabled legend with his brother in order to save him. The gameplay mostly involves solving puzzles, and fighting enemies. The game does involve using stealth, guns, and hand to hand combat. The story does have some dark themes. There is an area that has a very dark tone including hanging bones/ mummified remains of pirates. A little creepy, but not gruesome. However, most of the game is light hearted and a fun adventure. There is mild language throughout the game. There is violence but there is no gore. If you need a reference think about the game being a modern Indiana Jones. This is one of the best games I have ever played. The visuals are stunning,the gameplay is tight, and the storyline is amazing. This game is not to be missed.

Adult Written byCole Mancinelli May 30, 2016