All member reviews for WarCraft III/WarCraft III: The Frozen Throne

Violent games are better suited to older audience.

Kid, 12 years old September 11, 2010

total overreaction
Teen, 14 years old Written bycowe192 July 27, 2010

Not worthy of a Not For Kids, but still not for younger kids

Warcraft 3 is a good game- a real time strategy game with some violent themes, really, more than actual violence. The only thing that really gives me concern is that the main protagonist decides to purge a cursed village, becomes evil(yet still remains the protagonist in some levels) and stabs his father, the king, through the neck, so he, as the prince, can claim the throne. This happens during a cutscene, and, although it's seen as a shadow on the wall, it's not that hard to identify what's going on. After the scene, a crown, covered in blood rolls on the floor of the castle. Aside from that, the game is hard for younger audiences to play, for there are hundreds of units that the player can control, and therefore the player needs to know how to use them. Following that, in Warcraft 3, the computer players don't have to scroll the screen and can click on many things at once, making it much harder for the player. In fact, in order to beat one computer in an extremely similar game, we needed 5 people to do it. The next problem is that the game takes place, no joke, BEFORE world of warcraft. The characters that appear in this game are all major characters in WoW. Players that want to see these might end up wanting to get world of warcraft. And lastly, in online play, the chat is uncensored(and you cant change that.) Now, as a game, I personally didn't love it, primarily because there were many many confusing aspects, so personally, I would get Starcraft over this game. Get Starcraft 2 for graphics, starcraft 1 for money($15!)
Teen, 13 years old Written byTatester July 17, 2010

Not Worthy of a "Not for Kids"

Wow, I was shocked to see this game get a "Not for Kids." True, there can be a good amount of blood at some points, but most things (like the exploding critters) are so hidden away that most players will never see them. The same goes for the few suggestive lines of dialogue. The game does have some bad role models though, particularly one of the game's main characters, Arthas, who becomes blinded by vengeance and eventually goes insane. The Undead army has some units such as necromancers, cultists, and ghouls; and demons play a big role throughout the game's story. It is important to note that this is a strategy game, so it's not just mindless killing. Planning, resource management, and other tactical decisions are vital to victory.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytosha96 June 13, 2010

This does not deserve a "NOT FOR KIDS!!!" rating.

First of all, the only thing that might be bad for some younger kids in this game is the blood and gore, and even that is minimal. If one of the characters dies, there is some blood that comes out of them and some bones that stay on the screen for at the MOST five seconds. The only characters that appear mildly gross because of blood are the undead forces, who sometimes have visible gore. And the little for there is, is cartoony. I've included three image links below showing you what I am talking about. tinyurl.com/2ag8j94 tinyurl.com/369gx2x tinyurl.com/2ekuec8 As you can see, The blood and gore is minimal, and the worst thing you could see is some cartoony blood and gore. As for role models, the only reason I gave this game that warning is because there is one character, Arthas, who becomes crazed with power and obsession and turns into a over-zealous knight who eventually becomes evil. This is the only instance where I can think of a bad role model, the rest of the heros are just trying to protect their people from the evil undead. And as for sexuality, I mean, come on. You can probably find more in Hanna Montana. Also, remember that this game was not rated M: The ESRB knows what its doing in rating games. Now for the good stuff: I think that this game provides a educational value not only because of the strategy involved, but because of the robust game editor included with it. With this tool, players can take any aspect of the game and make their own maps and challenges, and even create their own heros and villains. The map editor can modify the game in every way, even to produce entirely different games. Also there are monthly map contests with different themes. For example, one month might be sports, in which players have to use the game engine to create a sports-themed map. There are also game-play tournaments. Aside from the map editor, the game itself is very in-depth, featuring 4 different races each with their own specialized units. Players can play multiplayer online or just within your home for fun battles with family and friends. This game will provide hours of fun.
Teen, 14 years old Written byzazmopepperz March 16, 2010

WTH!

Have to say this is the biggest pile of BS in reviewing history. I think its a bit much for a teen rated game but its fine for mid-teens. There is barely any strong language just a few damns and hells. This is a freakin' awesome game that I recommend
Kid, 12 years old January 30, 2010

Fine for 10 year olds , online play is a bit harsh.

Its fine , it is like a Sci-Fi movie , you idiots who wrote this must be stupid its ALL fine , except for online , its a bit harsh , just get it than Diablo II.
Kid, 10 years old January 19, 2010

i want play
Kid, 11 years old November 15, 2009

WTF CSM

What? No educational value? This game teaches strategy. I watched my grandpa play this game when I was 7! Seriously CSM, You suck at reviewing.
Kid, 10 years old October 23, 2009

LOL! they say no kids. my bother let me play on his account when i was 5.
Teen, 15 years old Written byPS3FTW September 8, 2009

I think that CSM got most of their concerns from watching a trailer or something to that effect. I have beaten both of these games as many times as i care to count in every way in the book. Its just that addicting and fun. I have never seen anything sexually suggestive, nor have I seen much gore either. The only time you can really see it is if you kill the right enemy at the right time at the right angle. And on top of that, you pretty much have to take a sreenshot to see it, because its only on the screen for like a tenth of a second. The only thing that i would honestly concern myself with would be online play, which is easily controlable by a parent if need be. Online, obvoiusly you will hear/see some colorful language, hense me putting language as a concern. I also put that safety isnt a concern, because unless you illegally download the game or any other add-ons (all of which you get for free every time you log onto battle.net(Warcraft's online community)), then you are pretty much safe from viruses etc. I also put 'educational' because this game isn't all about mindless violence and killing. Of course, you're going to see voilence in a fighting game(duh), but the core of the game involves teaming up, cooperating, and using your brains over brawn to take down the other team. All in all, I give this game 5 stars, being as it's one of my favorites, and 'on' for 13+. Excelent story combines with very well-developed characters and an amazing atmosphere makes this a must-have for any PC gamers.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymelted831 August 20, 2009

good for teens

This game is fun but not for children. The violent is extreme and some bad language is used. The messages are not positive since it is about killing the other team. Also you can go online and have free chat which is not always the best if you stay away from bad language
Adult Written bydaniel.nicholas... July 22, 2009

CSM is wrong, this is fine for 13+

As other people have said, CSM has their rating for this WAY off. It's a perfectly acceptable game for players aged 13 and up. It's a great strategy game. I have trouble playing some of the missions still -- they're just that tough. You need to have the right mix of people to take out your enemies and it takes experience and brain power to work your way through the game. In playing my way through the first game, I noticed absolutely NO sexual content that would make me question the rating (which is "T" for "Blood and Violence" [for both games]). Also, it's pretty unbelievable that a couple of explicit words would make the game earn 4/5 for language. Especially when, again, I heard nothing stronger than "d--n" or "hell" when playing the game. If you play online, however, you will encounter every word in the dictionary, so that is why I gave the game a mark for language, and would warn parents to watch the online play...it can get pretty messy. "Blood and guts" is, again, an overstatement. When you kill an enemy a corpse appears on the ground, outlined in red. No big deal. There's only "explosions" when you destroy an enemy building. Overall, a game that is perfectly acceptable for anybody ages 13+
Teen, 14 years old Written bycreeps June 13, 2009

I cried

qwertyuioplkjhgfdsazxcvbnm
Kid, 10 years old April 11, 2009

wow, yetijones you took the words right out of my mouth.

'nuff said.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCamala April 9, 2008

Great game, CSM rated it wrong.

I think the T rating was right, and I think it might be able to drop to E10 even. Parents, this game isn't all that bad. The swearing is very mild/inaudible. The blood isn't shown too much, and being able to play as bad guys--so what, you can be the good guys too. Overall, I think 12+ would be a better rating.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymsp23 April 9, 2008

A good over-head view game.

I don't see how anyone could rate it 17+. I am 13 and I dont think it's one bit out of line. It's an awsome game! If you like this game, also get Starcraft and the expansion set Starcraft: Brood War! Hardly any gore at all. A good game!
Adult Written byconcparent April 9, 2008
Adult Written byForknose April 9, 2008

Good

A great story and fun too. All the Monty Python lines are a great additon. Any strategy fan would love this. Go Orcs!
Teen, 17 years old Written bymegahew April 9, 2008

Come on, I seriously think the guy who reviewed this game was overeacting.

This Website is out to ruin all teens' lives Come on, I seriously think the guy who reviewed this game was overeacting. There's some blood, but it doesn't splurt everywhere like a rated m game. E.S.R.B. rated this game T for teens as in 13+ not 17+. I wish my parents had never seen this website and gave me that big ordeal to get this game.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygooruman April 9, 2008

The Warcraft III series is an amazing series

Warcraft is one of the most classic games of the blizzard company. CMS (common sense media made a terrible reveiw for it. There is a little blood and no guts at all. The game is a strategy game that uses your mind. When to start attacking, when to build an altar, when to make a hero things like that not i will crush the enemy. It is one of my favorite games ever trust me.