All member reviews for WarCraft III/WarCraft III: The Frozen Throne

Violent games are better suited to older audience.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Adult Written bytheyellowdart April 9, 2008

Perhaps the greatest game ever!

Not only an incredable game strategicly, there are far far worse games that a kid could play. Although the fantastic creatures including demons and undead are present, they are displayed in a very typical and not over the top evil way. The storyline is also one of the best of any game i have ever played, being truly entertaining and fun.

THE BEST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED

The best game. The only thing that u can see blood is when click on a critter 25 times!!!
Adult Written byrucci14 April 9, 2008

Biggest Issue is the Kids Who Play

While the content is violent, I don't think it alone would justify a 17+ rating for this game. I rated this game 17+ due to the terrible language and behavior that is common from many (often young) players who use Blizzards Battle.net online gaming service. For parents who don't want to expose their children to extremely foul language, and would like them to learn appropriate interaction with others, and good sportsmanship, Battle.net is generally not the venue in which to do so.

I think this is a very educational game because you have to know what your resources are, how to counter opponents, and battle tactics. Since Blizzard encourages these, it is very educational. There's not that much blood either.
Adult Written bylightenvelope April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written byYokai April 9, 2008

Nicely done

I think some of the adults are giving this game a hard time. The violence, while certainly present, isn't highly gory or scary. True, there are scary images, demons and such, but nothing that would cause one to "lose sleep at night". If you've seen things like Lord of the Rings you should be fine. The gameplay and graphics are excellent, I would say any fan of strategy games should get this.

Another succesful game by Blizzard!

When my friend first told me about this game, I thought it sounded lame. I said this, and, horrified, he lent me it. I played it and instantley loved it. CMS is over reacting when they say it's for 17+.
Teen, 16 years old Written byCurbspaget April 9, 2008

Terrible.

Everybody should know that the WarCraft series really pales in comparison to StarCraft.
Adult Written byReitrenner April 9, 2008

This is a great game. One of the best ever.

This is one of the best games ever created. It continues the epic saga of Warcraft, a battle between Greenskinned Orcs and Noble Humans. This is a Real-time Strategy game. It deals with troop management and resource management. There are four races and each has a single player story to tell. You do play an evil role in this game more than once. That is typical of the series. It tells ALL of the characters stories, not just the goody two shoes. The reason the CSM guy was ranting was obviously because of the later half of the Human campaign. You do some really damnable things as Arthas on his road to damnation. Such as killing a town of infected people before they can turn undead. It was a really detestable act, which is cool that it can illicit angry emotions from it's audience. That is the beauty of video games. They tell a drama that can be wholly experienced. Even the villains had to start somewhere, and Arthas starts off just like any other one. Like they say, the road to damnation is paved with good intentions. This game has a lot of educational merit. It teaches teamwork, and careful planning. It is very easy to pick up but really hard to master completely. Some of the best players in the world are constantly improving. Online gameplay can be pretty challenging, as the people who play it are very skilled and it can take a great deal of cooperation to defeat a really skilled team. It teaches teamwork ethics. There are a TON of loudmouthed kids on Blizzards Battle.net service. It would be wise to tell your kid not to listen to them and concentrate on owning them. I would let my teenager play this game. I would let a smart pre-teen play this game. But he would have to fully understand the concepts of reality and virtual reality. About the more villainous half of the campaign, it would be wise to discuss the merits of villainous behavior. Was there anything to be gained from Arthas' one track mind during the second half of his campaign against the undead? Is that kind of Zealotry toward any goal ever smart? Instead of damning the game for its violence and disturbing content, you should ask yourself what would drive a person to go to such lengths. Hands down, this game has a well written Story and a EXCELLENT gameplay. You would not be insulting anyone if you gave them this game as a gift. It will go down in Video game history as a true classic.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBobb April 9, 2008

One of the best games ever made

Warcraft 3 is one of the best games ever in my opinion, with an engrossing and well-thought-out storyline, and gameplay. But I would suggest not letting your children play this until they are about 14, or if they are sensative or squeemish, 15.

CommonSense, you are SCREWED UP IDIOTS!!

Play the game,there's a little blood,Baerley ANY language, and a couple of In-Jokes. What was the revewer smoking???Good lord...

GREAT!!

BEST GAME EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byphoenixfire07p April 9, 2008

It's rated T, for teen, not for terribly inappropriate

Yes, there is blood and violence so if you are worried about exposing your child to blood and violence this is not a game for you. However if you let your kid watch TV-PG or TV-14 much less TV-MA shows then this is nothing they haven't seen before. In the sake of fairness however I would not expose children under 12 to this as it is somewhat dark. The game is pretty fun though, so don't say no to it on impulse. IF the game is taken in context there is no danger and plenty of fun in store.
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Good game

Bloody and gory. To much killing. For adults only.
Teen, 13 years old Written byzorba1994 April 9, 2008

Is this a joke Common Sense...

17+?!?! ARE YOU JOKING!!! So you can play as the bad guys, but you don't do anything really depraved. So the undead look kinda creepy, but its not explicit. The violence is cartoonish, blood is shown but completely unrealistically. I have no idea what this thing about sex in it is, other than Jaina wearing beach attire there is nothing in it. Swearing is the occasional damn. God, 11+.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypascal April 9, 2008

awesome

VERY GOOD THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT ONLINE MOST PEOPLE ARE BAD IF YOU HAVE READ/SEEN RICHARD THE III YOU WILL KNOW WHAT I MEAN PEOPLE ONLINE ARE ON YOUR SIDE FOR SO OFTEN NOW WHEN THEY KILL OINE ENEMY THE 'SO CALLED FRIEND/ALLY' STARTS KILLING YOU AND THATS WHAT RICHARD THE III did in shakespears play