All teen and kid member reviews for Warframe

Teen, 14 years old Written byzebulon759 November 23, 2013

I think its a great game that most teens would enjoy

I have been playing this game for about a year now, so I know what I'm talking about; but enough of this lets cut to the chase. Violence: there is some blood, some enemy's shed more blood than others, but it is kinda fake looking and way darker than real blood; also the enemy's you fight are far from human. Positive message: The game is really big on team work so be a team player and you'll get the job done, if not you might fail, also don't hog the loot. Safety & privacy: please remember that the its not recommended for a child to play an MMO due to privacy reasons. All and all not that bad really, and if your still not sure you can download the game for free and play it yourself. One last thing to mention its really hard to play by yourself, but that's why there is an auto grouping tool for you to use, or find some friends who also wanna play, the games at its best when your with friends. Thank you for your time I hope this helps.
Teen, 17 years old Written byDavidHi November 22, 2013

Fun... but yes, there is gore

not exactly sure what game CSM is playing (no offense), but there is actually a lot of gore. you can slice people right down the middle and see their spine and everything. it's a fun game though and it is possible to turn off the gore in the settings
Teen, 13 years old Written bycrazykid1092 March 6, 2014

Misleading Common Sense Editor Review

While this is a very mild shooting game, Common Sense did miss that there is some gore(you can cut an enemy up with your sword, leaving some exposed guts).
Teen, 14 years old Written byBionic Reviewer January 7, 2014

Excellent Combat game, contains optional gore

I'll get the basic facts out of the way first. Warframe is a Third Person Sci-Fi Shooter with a fun melee combat element and an interesting class system. For those of you averse to guns, it is entirely possible to exclusively use melee weapons. Bows, throwing knives, shuriken, and energy weapons (although all but one laser must be acquired via Clan Dojo research, more on that later) are additional alternatives to the usual sci-fi firearm. Monetization: This is an issue here, as the only easy way to get a weapon or usable Warframe class is through buying them in the store with Platinum, the game's cash shop currency. This means you will be dishing out money to get these items in a timely fashion. Crafting is an option, but requires rare drops (which may also be bought with Platinum) and will take anywhere between a few moments or a full 48 hour period (which can be bypassed with, of course, more Platinum). Violence: Here's the thing: Common Sense has written a horribly inaccurate review. It's clear they didn't play past the 45-second tutorial in which the only violence is against training holograms. This is a major no-no in the field of review writing. It is actually so bizarrely wrong that I half-suspect money changed hands between the review's author and the game's developers. Although a toggle exists in the Options menu to disable gore, it is on by default, and is not subtle about it by any stretch of the word. Most melee weapons and some ranged ones will dismember their opponents, cleaving off limbs and even chopping their opponent in half at the waist, diagonally at the shoulder, or straight down the middle. As these are humanoid opponents and melee weapons do not cauterize, gore is clearly visible. Raw-meat like textures and bones can be seen no matter what happens, from a part of a spine, to half a rib-cage, to even the inside of the spinal cord and skull, through which half of the opponents brain is visible (when chopped apart at the waist, on an angle, or from head to to, respectively). Damage causes characters to bleed profusely, staining the environment. Again, the gore can be toggled off, but I believe the blood remains (although possibly toggled down). With gore off, the review is far more accurate, as it becomes a harmless sci-fi action game with some creepy environments. The Boltor rifle and Bolto/Akbolto pistols fire glowing darts that impale enemies to walls. Orokin Derelict missions, only accessible by crafting keys to access them with, are overgrown space-palaces, dark except for your character's helmet-mounted flashlight's glow. This gives it a feel similar to the Dead Space series. The Infested are a vaguely disturbing enemy, and some have an affect that drains your character's Energy Pool while the head's up display dissolves into static for a few moments. Language: One instance of profanity in an item description for the Dethcube, which describes it as a "bad-ss cube of 'Deth'". Sexual Content: "Female" Warframes have curvaceous figures (especially Saryn), but nothing more than that. In conclusion, with gore off, its fine for all ages. But, as the gore is still relatively cartoonish, if your child can handle it, fine. Play it with gore on for a while as a "pre-screening" and make your own opinion. I know I handle it perfectly well, but that's just me.
Teen, 14 years old Written bythe buttmuffin September 28, 2014

CSM is wrong. READ IMPORTANT

First off like somebody else said this game can be VERY heavy on gore HOWEVER you can turn it off in the settings. The biggest thing in this game is chat. There is an OPTIONAL profanity filter too BUT people usually figure out a way to get around it. I.e. if someone were to write crap and it were blocked they would most likely write "cra p" or something of the like. There is voice chat as well but you can change that in your Xbox/Playstation settings.(if your on PC you cant I dont believe) This is a more "know your kid" game. There is brief swearing in the beginning but it is very mild. I.e. the alternate to dang. This game does promote teamwork and even joining a clan (community that have their own rules). This is optional too. There is also an online trading system where people can trade items and/or platinum(a buyable in-game currency). THIS GAME IS SOMEWHAT HARD TO GET USED TO AND A YOUNGER KID WILL NOT LIKE IT. This is a game best played in a clan and is not as enjoyable without one. In fact it could get very boring.
Kid, 10 years old February 16, 2014

game

real common sense
Kid, 12 years old January 31, 2015

one more innacurate review on the site.