All member reviews for WarioWare: D.I.Y.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymadaco April 17, 2010

It sounds great!

Im not going to mark any of the options, as I have not played it, But I would like to say That it sounds like a great game! I do make computer games in my spare time, and the program I use, while more robust(more features, possibility to add more features, allowing for bigger and more complex games etc.) has a similar controll scheme to what I've seen of this game. Please note that the program I use is better suited for game prototypes and not commercial games, but this seems like it will be a great introduction to making games, and will keep people from thinking you can just start making a 3d MMO game with extremely complicated features and finish in a day.(although I have not met anyone thinking its this easy, I have heard many people who have). this is one of the first games I support that this website has suggested for my age group, While I like clubpenguin and pokemon, supposedly they are for younger age groups... ok, actually Im gonna mark it good or all age groups, because it makes me pick something, and there is nothing it has that people arent exposed often to by the time they are playing games
Teen, 13 years old Written byretrobanana March 10, 2015

A must-have for any DS owners!

It does exactly what the title implies, you make your own mini-games, but there is way more than that. Already bundled with a boatload of pre-made games, music records, and comics, this game will last you quite a while. At first, jumping straight into making your own minigames can be intimidating, some included tutorials, tips from the DIY forum, and practice will make you a pro designer in no time! Personally, composing music for a record or your game can be the toughest part, but an added feature, the Maestro, can make the challenge a lot easier, so you don't have to feel intimidated by your own lack of music-knowledge or anything. This also goes for the object designer, if you aren't so keen at art, there are many different objects and animations from pre-made games to chose from. Nintendo obviously made it as easy-to-use as possible, as designing minigames is no piece of cake. My only gripes that should be stated is 1. There is a limit to the number of objects that can be used in a game, which can be frustrating at times after you worked for a long time only to have to delete and remake the game. 2. The only interaction with all the games is limited to screen taps. This means that the DS buttons can't be used in a minigame, neither can dragging the stylus on the touch screen. 3. The game designing can be a bit confusing at first, but as before, it gets easier the more you play. But other than that, the game is still definitely worth picking up. 10/10. I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel for the Wii U...
Teen, 14 years old Written byTIE41 February 10, 2015

Crude but fun for Elementary aged kids

This is a fun game but the humor focuses on poop and bodily humor that 2nd Graders enjoy, but its generally innocent. Its a kids game by all means. Just be careful because this game has internet options i think
Kid, 11 years old January 18, 2014

Good, but...

It's good for kids 12 and up, but you are able to create adult content microgames and objects. And even put language by using letters when making comics or microgames. Also, you can even create nudity. And also some violence appears. And you can share microgames.
Kid, 12 years old March 12, 2011

I Hate Wario, but I Love this Game!!!

I hate Wario, but I double-love this game because I can make lots of little games, like the one I did about getting a dolphin to jump a rock. (All my games have critters in them!) This game shows kids how actual games are made, and it's pretty cool.
Kid, 10 years old November 9, 2010

Good for almost anyone!

Kid, 12 years old October 31, 2010

Kids will love being able to make their own games

There a lots of highlights about this game, although some of the built in games have a tiny bit of cartoonish violence; plus, once they make games, they can make whatever they want; they could even make games that have sexual content, feature characters using profanity, and that have lots of violence or depiction of people either taking drugs, drinking or smoking, and then ship them to their virtual shop. Other than that, perfectly harmless game.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMoviePringle October 27, 2010

Great

This game rocks play it if you lobe to make games!
Kid, 10 years old May 15, 2010

looks hard

I love games that you can create stuff but still younger kids may find this complicated.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymrmistofelees May 7, 2010

Pretty fun but it takes some patience.

This is a good game for creavtive (and random) people like myself. The tutorials for making games are easy to understand but it takes patience to master.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySynchronicity May 1, 2010

Not just for the creative; anyone with a DS should own this

With a graphical creation interface straight out of Mario Paint, and a music studio that would make the KORG DS-10 a tad jealous, this game creation tool isn't just good by itself; it's also an excellent introduction to the expansive world of game design. Of course, people who like WarioWare (such as myself) will love it too. The very idea of making your own microgames like Wario and company has appeared in forums all over the Internet. I'm not kidding. So when this game was announced, I was absolutely ecstatic, and when it finally came here, WarioWare DIY definitely lived up to my expectations. The (relatively) simple creation system is easy to master for people who know about game development, and these are the people who will probably breeze through the tutorials. However, the inexperienced should definitely pay attention to them; the Common Sense reviewer's "like learning Photoshop" analogy is correct! (However, those who want their games to involve the DS' buttons will be disappointed; the stylus is required for every input.) But making games is only part of the fun. The pre-loaded games by Wario et al. are just as good as any WarioWare game, and playing through them can give you more images and music to work with and put in games (a plus). The online component is also well-thought out, and the contests are a bit like some of the Wii Channels (Check Mii Out comes to mind). Speaking of the Wii, there's a sequel/complementary game to WWDIY called Showcase, which is an $8 downloadable Wii title. It's good as a standalone WarioWare (if a little flat), but there are many features that make it more than that for people who own this game. For one thing, you can import any game/comic/piece of music on Showcase into DIY (and vice versa). Also, the online component is even better on the Wii (as it's always connected to the internet). But I haven't even scratched the surface, as WWDIY isn't just about game-making. The comic and music creation tools are also awesome. And I haven't even began to describe all the tools available to you: sprites from old 8-bit video games, a composer that can automatically create the perfect music for your game, a LOT of sound effects, pre-made art (for comics), and stamps...need I go on? On the content side of things, mild violence and a bit of crude humor are the only things to worry about. But there's always the potential that the content of your child/teen's comic or game can be offensive. Still, Nintendo thwarts this by screening the content of each game (like Apple and the iPhone/iPad App Store). Good move, I think. Overall, I must say this again: if you own a DS and want to make games, comics, or music, GET THIS GAME.