Thrilling but very violent, mature high-tech tale.

Parent Written byMamasmum May 31, 2014
Bit violent but very enjoyable! Tiny reference to sex but you don't have to watch! My 12yr old son said it was the best game ever played
Parent of a 11 year old Written byslartibartfast September 9, 2014

totally overrated

as you can see another free roam game run a round kill some dudes but hey have you ever thought of being the good guy you can just go around fighting crime and evil. its your choice
Educator and Parent Written byTeacherr May 31, 2014

Great Game, But know your child

It is a wonderful game, but your child may encounter some sexual stuff.
Kid, 12 years old June 4, 2014

The honest truth

(Visit the ESRB website for the reason behind the "M" rating) Okay, lets begin with the fact that some of the other reviews written by kids on here are "iffy." My parent originally read the reviews here which was the deciding factor on me getting this game. It was a whole different experience. To start, I was taken by surprise with the whole "human trafficking thing." There is a section in act one or two (acts are like sections in Watch_Dogs) where you go undercover into the heart of an auction house where people bid on young women. They all stand on a circular platform and occasionally shift to their left, while topless. You eavesdrop and spy on people talking about them bidding for "that one" because she looks "new" and "full of potential." This is not a cut scene, so you cannot skip it. Rape and sexual slavery is a reoccurring topic throughout the area. The second (and now put into perspective, less terrible) thing that I noticed is that there are some darker themes. The main character, Aiden Pierce, had his six year old niece targeted and killed by a groub which leans on the border between a neighborhood gang and a terrorist operation. There are a handful more, but contain spoilers, so I'll keep my silence. Overall, I think that you really need to know who will be playing this and what impacts may come from it. Again, I really suggest visiting the ESRB website for the unbiased review of this and many other games.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bymichael12123 December 31, 2014

Nice

I play this with my 11 year old boy, no gore no guts no ripping out intestines or mushing up eyes ALL= FINE BY ME
Parent of a 11 year old Written byamdace August 28, 2014

dont even think about giving this to kids

THIS IS NOT FOR KIDS! This game is so bad it should be 18 and up should be able to play this!!!
Parent Written byMediaMan185 November 8, 2014

Way Overated

When I got this game for my 14+12 year old boys I wasnt very happy about the reviews but when I watched a little bit of my boys playing I Thought that is was better then blackops.So Yes I would say that this game is very overated in every subject
Parent Written byJohn Pitt July 7, 2014

Awesome game!

I am a dad of a 12 year old, me and him play together on sundays. I play right there with him and I am sure it is appropriate for 12 year olds.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byborn1973 June 11, 2014

Great for teens

This game is amazing, my 13 year old loves it. Yeah, the game has language and sexual content, like they don't hear that at school. The nudity is in the cut-scenes, but are skippable. As long as you trust your kid with skipping it, he/she should be able to play it. It is definitely worth the sixty dollars.
Parent of a 14 year old Written bydad1237 June 24, 2014

In this world outside of the game, content is not new

My son has been exposed to plenty of swearing, trouble making, etc. from other children in his school. Both his science class and sexual education classes has shown and taught him human genitals and breasts, so seeing them in the game was nothing new, as they are animated. I watched, for around 5 minutes, my son playing the game, and I was pleased to see that he did not kill anyone who seemed to be good, and he did not steal from those with many hardships, such as a single mom with her baby heard crying in the next room while the option was given to take money from her bank account. It also seemed like it was a lot of fun for him, so this is a great game for kids 13 and above.
Parent of a 12 year old Written bydamianv March 5, 2015
Adult Written bydbxv1710 March 22, 2015

amazing game

this game is brilliant!!!!
Parent Written bymathteacher82 July 13, 2014

Watch Dogs!

I bought this game for my son. I played the first mission to make sure it was appropriate. There is off screen content that hints at sexual activity but it is skippable. Plus the game can be played without killing anyone or seeing any sexual content. In one of the optional missions you can shut down a sex trafficking ring, however you do not see anyone in a sexual fashion. Any sexual or overtly violent portion of the game is optional, and players must go out of there way to experience this and when they do it will sorely at the lack of violence and sexuality they worked to accomplish.
Parent of a 15 year old Written byParenttt June 1, 2014
I've watched my 14yr old son play this and there has been violence but you could avoid most of the violence if you choose to. There is a few sex scenes but nothing to really worry about. Other than that it is an amazing game and really clever, defiantly worth the money!
Parent of a 11 and 12 year old Written bypro review man June 4, 2014

11 and up

It's very fun your child won't get bored it will keep them busy for a while. Trust me this is one of the best experiences on xbox
Kid, 12 years old June 7, 2014

It is all about trust

Watch dogs is a vary good game.There is some nudity but you can skip it and it's only in cut-scenes.There is some violence but there is only blood when your up close.
Kid, 12 years old July 20, 2014

Violent does have nudity but sex is skippible

I have it myself played it and just beat it its a great game the violence is for a good reason(to defeat bad guys) the message in the game is to be loyal to your family and stick up for others.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byLiam Sky July 7, 2014

A little violent

A little language with moderate violence.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRedneckgamer June 1, 2014

Amazing, but come on.

Alright I'm 13 not trying to be an adult, and I think it is a great game but yall Don't care about that. There is violence, in between gta and cod, barely any gore but still violence none the less. Free roaming there is very little sexual content. During the campaign, that's another story there are plenty of remarks and like the description said, topless women. Besides that that's about it. But I can almost guarantee that your teen has seen it before, schools these days are just as bad with a girl in my class pregnant already, not getting your child this game won't protect them at all.
Adult Written byMichael belinely May 31, 2014

Best watch dogs review

I bought this game for my 12 year old son and right away he jumped on it, played it, and i saw it was completely fine. If your child is mature and you trust him/her it should be absolutely fine. I've been giving my kids games like this for about 2 years now and they really aren't as bad as people make them out to be. I say you should give it a chance because it's a really good game (in the words of my son).