All member reviews for Watch Dogs

Teen, 14 years old Written byIrdray2019 February 12, 2015

Teens are ok

I found this game very easy to play, but at some scenes not so good for kids. There are 6 or 7 uses of the word s***, 3 uses of the word f***, 2 uses of the word a**hole, and 1 use of the word d***. Most teens should be able to play; especially advanced teens for their ages. Young kids or teens who are behind for their age should not play. Both Dialog and subtitles can be turned off in the options menu, so you don't really have to worry that much when it comes to bad language. There is no nudity, the game is not at all gory, and most of the bad language uses are optional.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTeo34 January 30, 2015

Good but...

This game is pretty good It has great graphics, great game play and a good story. The only problem is that it lags a little. You can be a villain that kills everybody (bad guys and civilians) or a vigilante that kills only bad guys. The choice is yours. It is like GTA but hacking is what makes it different than GTA. Your weapons are guns and hacking. As hacking goes you can pretty much hack everything electronic through your phone. The game is rated mature. I think it is over rated because there is violence but the violence is used in fighting the bad guys. Also the game is not based on violence. So overall I think it should be rated 12 and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFoxyFNAF December 9, 2014

Let me tell you why that's all bull

I have had this game for a couple months and I have beat it, done lots of side missions, played online, and explored the city inside and out. Half of what this says about the game is completely made up. It does have lots of bad words and violence but be real. Just about any game that is actually fun has that. I think it is a great game.
Kid, 9 years old November 21, 2014

Teen, 15 years old Written byAK-fighter November 16, 2014

Teen, 14 years old Written bymuaz mahmood October 17, 2014

Muaz age rating review for Pakistan

Pegi has rated this game 18.According to my knowledge it's correct.This games concludes violence and gore.Our players kills police officers and his enemies.Drugs, bad language and sexuality is also part of this game.The most thing I hate is sexuality, I don't know why game developers use sexuality in their games?
Kid, 12 years old October 1, 2014

Not bad

This isnt as bad as you would think. When i went to gamestop the casheir was telling methat it was a bad game and too mature for me and that i should get the preowned so i can return it if it gets too violent. I havent returned it yet, actually i beat it. There are some swear words but i hear them all at school. The sexual content isnt that bad until this one mission where you go into an illegal auction where they sell nude women for sex.
Kid, 12 years old September 22, 2014

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This a great game! But, it has a lot of sex, drugs, and language. I'd say 13 is good. The words of a 12 year old...
Teen, 14 years old Written bystar lord September 5, 2014

watch dogs

watch dogs has an amazing story about a hacker named aiden peirce who yes is a hacker so he can invade peoples privicy so there is some sexual content but in one game mission you go to a human traficing and naked models but thats about it now the violince is no worse than an x men movie if you get shot there are blood stians but they dissipere and lots of languge
Teen, 15 years old Written byThe game breakdown August 30, 2014

dark, captivating and amazing story, side missions get repetitive

Watch dogs is a great open world title, the gameplay is good if you do the main story and multiplayer only. The game is very realistic with great characters, and the story has many twists and turns. the offensive content of the game is the following. Violence: 7/10 When you shoot people in the game, a bloody wound appears in their body. In the main story, there are some rather bloody moments but it is never graphic. Profanity: 9/10 (Warning: explicit examples) Many people in the game swear a lot, saying things like fuck, shit and other strong profanity. Sex: 7/10 You can invade people's pricacy in the game, usually seeing strong sexual situations play out (if said characters are in a closed area) the sex is never graphic though. There is some nudity in the main story) Total explicit content: 23/30 This game is very profane, violent and dark and is recommended for ages 16 and up)
Teen, 13 years old Written bycoolguy300 August 23, 2014

not that bad

language and sex is heard at school nudity can be skipped and violence just think this game as the batman Arkham games with hacking and guns and overall good for a teen
Teen, 14 years old Written byitsallaboutthestory August 12, 2014

Commonsensemedia takes the age system overboard again.

This game is fine for your 12 year old, the only part that I would consider alarming nowadays is a scene where Aiden is attempting to end a human trafficking scheme and goes undercover and see's naked women up for auction, if your anything like me you aim the camera down at the ground and don't look. But if your kid is "naughty", you know what I mean don't get him this game, theres also another nudity scene that doesn't focus on the fact that she's naked at all. A human trafficking scheme and you attempt to get her, out, your undercover as some sick woman abuser and then the girl attacks you with a knife to escape the horrors of what she thought would happen to her, you see it partially for half a second when she springs into action but no more than that. Of course if your kid is naughty and one of those cod player's then they probably won't even bother playing the mission's to ever get to that point, you save them in the end though and the game humanizes one of its "villains". Maurice being pulled back into the life escalating quickly, he watches a man be beaten while the attacker yells to Maurice over and over again how the wife. Eventually you figure out the reason he killed your niece was that was his last chance, then his wife was taken to the auction, the human trafficking place, hes a very human villain and is awesome but when it comes to lucky Quinn and his motives he is one of the most generic and uninteresting villain's ever. The gameplay is very smooth and while the hacking isn't super deep in depth its an awesome addition to the game which wouldn't be the same without it. many complain that it failed to live up to the e3 hype. But it actually improved, did anyone else notice how scripted the entire demo was or that Jordi was a totally generic character but became the eccentric dude in the final release. The dialogue was improved and the level that replaced that tech place was much better and one of the best mission's I've ever played in a video game. As with any other game that's multiplayer most player's are immature calling people "fags" ect. even the 17 year olds. Swearing is in line with any other m game. The nudity served a purpose in the story unlike how gta uses it as sexifictation so its justified and theres one scene with a girl flirting with a man saying a bunch of gross stuff but no sex that I've discovered so far, well you can hear people talk about it rarely but that's about it. The multiplayer hacking and tailing idea was awesome and who ever came up with it deserves to have they're salary tripled. There's also races and the city feels alive with many online modes like capture the flag and investigations on serial killer's ect. They didn't nail it, but it'll be like ac, it started out ok then went to legendary status, until they start making tons of sequels cough cough ac, cod cough. Aiden is uninteresting and the story is mostly mediocre and on ps4 players can quickly disable their internet when you're about to win the hacking game which is extremely annoying
Kid, 8 years old August 6, 2014

Lets Discuss

This game is about a guy who is a supposed to be good now its your choice,make him good and help other people in danger or kill others in the most cruel way.Now just think about what you wanna do in this game then u judge
Teen, 14 years old Written byAdventureTimeFan1234 July 30, 2014

A fun adventure with an interesting twist

The brand new title Watch_Dogs is a creatively designed game that takes itself very seriously. Sometimes to a fault. You get to play out a vengeful man named Aiden Pearce who got involved with the wrong people. This results in his niece Lena accidentally getting killed. The games narrative is actually sub par. The gameplay is fun none the less but those expecting a good story will be somewhat disappointed. Before the aspects of how you will enjoy the game are talked about, one must talk about how appropriate it is for the person who wishes to enjoy it. The game is probably not a good idea for the average kid under 15. I played through the whole thing and I am 14. But hey. I'm the one writing the review. Sex and sexual suggestions are thrown around everywhere and bad language is commonplace in the script. The game is no kitten. Although it never feels "over the top". The actual fighting in the game isn't violent compared to most shooters. The blood is surprisingly minimal. And Aiden even employs non lethal tactics like a baton for close combat. Now that we have gotten the age game out of the way I can tell you creativity in the design of this game is bursting at the seams. The whole premise of the fact that Chicago is run by one piece of software and the player has control of it all makes you FEEL powerful. This is a fresh new idea just begging for a sequel. Missions, be them in the story or on the side, are fun and engaging. You always are treated to something new with each one. They are all unique situations and unique challenges. Bottom line: those old enough to play Watch_Dogs will enjoy creativity in gameplay and a fun play through. Even though the story won't deliver.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDuke_Ross July 21, 2014

Probably a better choice for older teens

This isn't really a review of Watchdogs. It's more a message to those trying to get reviews on video games from this site and to the individuals who run this site. I think you should be getting younger people who have a better conceptual grasp of the gaming industry to write these reviews. I have done my research on the people who write these reviews, and they are very educated people who know what they're talking about when it comes to film, books, and television. However, a lot of them are about the age of my parents and frankly, know very little about the industry. One who plays video games can easily tell that these are people who base the reviews off of walkthroughs and how good the game sells. ("Call of Duty Ghosts" is not a four-star game.) I think that they should get game reviews from younger people who know more about the subject of gaming. I'm not talking about teenagers. More like people in they're late-twenties to mid-thirties who actually play video games. I think this would give parents a much more informed look at what content is in each game, and if that game is right for their kids. I am NOT trying to disrespect any of those who work on this website. I just think that video games are such a new art form, and these people probably don't qualify as gamers. It's like writing a movie review when you've just seen the trailer.
Kid, 12 years old July 20, 2014

Violent does have nudity but sex is skippible

I have it myself played it and just beat it its a great game the violence is for a good reason(to defeat bad guys) the message in the game is to be loyal to your family and stick up for others.
Kid, 9 years old July 11, 2014

Awesome and Fun.

Teen, 15 years old Written bySwag101203 July 7, 2014

Teen, 13 years old Written byMr.Trollol July 2, 2014

All ages

Allages
Teen, 17 years old Written byMoviefanadick June 30, 2014

Like Grand Theft Auto with good story and hacking concept.

Watch Dogs has a great story, but the gameplay gets a little stale at times. Overall, this is a game that I wouldn't recommend for pre-teens because of the violence. You can go around and shoot, run over, and even blow up innocent civilians. Watch Dogs is a very good game.