All member reviews for Wii Music

Intuitive game too simple for music gamers.

Adult Written byKrbbup November 20, 2008

Great Fun For The Whole Family!

I personally enjoy music, so this game was so much fun for me!! You get to play several different instruments (using the Wii remote and Nunchuck). Some of my favorites were the handbells and conducting. My whole family really enjoyed playing togther trying to best the other in how accurate they could get. I would most certainly recommend this to anyone who loves music or using the Wii remote actively.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 January 27, 2011

Needs more songs

Wii music is fun, but there are some things that I don't like. First of all, you have to do this one player mode thing in order to unlock stuff, which is dissapointing because no one else can play. Second of all, they're aren't that many songs to play. It would have been nice if they had added more. Thrid, they're aren't that many instruments. Also, some instruments you just hold 1 or 2 on the wii remote to play (I.e. the saxophone, the clarinet) which makes it more unrealistic. On the plus side, it's fun to jam out to songs (there's a free mode where you can choose your own song and instruments). It's very clean and contains no suggestive lyrics in songs whatsoever.
Kid, 12 years old December 7, 2009

Teen, 16 years old Written byDaMan15 May 18, 2009

One of the worst games I have ever played, and possibly one of the worst games ever.

In an apparent attempt to make a music game with all the fun of listening to a three year old playing with an air horn for hours without the hassle of good music, fun, or playing an actual game, Nintendo has spawned one of the worst casual game monstrosities ever released. The instruments range from bagpipes to the dogsuit, and they all sound terrible, and are repeated over and over again. It is impossible to shake the wii remote in a way that it will actually create music, and trying to cordinate with 3 other friends without a note chart is nigh impossible. The songs consist of such public domain hits as twinkle twinkle little star and happy birthday, as well as pop songs from 20+ years ago, and a few game themes added for seasoning. Playing this game is sort of like trying to play Beethoven on a piano with 3 keys, and all of them sound like doorbells. The only people I can possibly conceive enjoying this game are 4 year olds and 40 year olds who've never played any other game. This game is crap and Nintendo should be ashamed for releasing this casual garbage instead of material for people who actually enjoy playing games.
Teen, 13 years old Written byParamoreFan09 January 22, 2010

ugh.

this game is WAY to easy... i played it once and didn't like it. Get Guitar Hero or Rock Band...
Kid, 10 years old December 5, 2009

My fav Wii game!!!!!!

This game will teach kids about new instruments and some made up ones. It also features 50 songs and some minigames. This game is for everyone!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byCharizard632 September 18, 2009

Childish

My little sister used to love this game! I think it's too easy and childish for me to play.
Parent Written bySteve S. November 11, 2011

You will either love or hate it - nothing in between.

This is one of the most misunderstood Wii games ever made. If you skim the surface of it, you are sure to want to pull the disc out of your Wii, toss it in the pile of games and forget about it, cursing yourself for wasting money on it. HOWEVER, if you spend time to get into it, this game (more like a toy or hobby) can return rich rewards, especially if you like creating music. True, there are only a limited number of play-along songs, but the secret to enjoying them is to *not* play the songs as written. Instead, improvise your own tunes with the myriad instruments, ignoring or partially using the tunes given to you in the game. Taking this approach opens up a door to creativity that Rock Band and its ilk cannot supply. Basically, this "game" lets you compose and perform your own music as a six-piece combo! As you perfect and hone your tunes, you'll find that hours can go by and you'll be amazed at the results. For an idea of how complex and wonderful this can all be, watch some of the YouTube videos composed on Wii Music. The only minor downside is that there should be more songs downloadable, but because this game was a major flop for Nintendo, they will sadly never develop a Wii Music 2 with online features. Also, because this game was not well received and is widely misunderstood, you can probably get it used for only a little money. Grab a copy and see what you think!
Teen, 15 years old Written byRosebud95 October 25, 2010

I love music so it's O.K. with just a few features

I like this game even though I wish there was more songs and instruments. But it's still a good game for musiclovers, just not really for people who want more of a challenge. EDIT: But I REALLY wish they were more songs, instruments and mini games. Seriously, this game could have been REALLY cool! :)
Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 October 8, 2009

a disapointment

the game was a disapointment it wasnt fun. and kids five and under might find it a little hard to play.
Kid, 11 years old August 28, 2010

For little kids but won't appeal to older people.

This game i great for little kids, because the controls are simple and they'd have a blast just hitting random notes and calling it 'music'. But older kids won't enjoy this as much, unless they're childish. The game encourages you that music isn't all about getting points, so they made ME judge MYSELF! It isn't any Rock Band, that's for sure. I can just give myself a 100 percent every time! (really, who wants to grade themselves a 0?) That's they're mistake. It'll be boring if there isn't any point of beating your high score in the game. I almost returned this, but something made me keep it. That something was the minigames. The minigames are probably the best part of this game! Handbell Harmony is my favorite! Otherwise, Wii Music is more for the younger crowd or no crowd at all, and it is OF COURSE not worth 50 bucks, it's more worth 30. In conclusion, I'd rate it 6 out of 10.
Teen, 14 years old Written byfreeperson3968 January 13, 2011

game of awesomeness

Kid, 10 years old August 4, 2009

It is good

This game used to be my favourite but now it is not. I still like it though because you can be creative with styles of music (jazz, classical, electronic, march, etc.) or create your own style. I think there should be more instruments like the organ and the glockenspiel.
Kid, 11 years old November 9, 2009

All you have to do is keep to the rythm.

Good game, but very easy. All you have to do is keep to the rythm and anyone can do that. I would give t 6 out of 10.
Teen, 13 years old Written by4kidshater February 9, 2011

a cute and fun game for all ages, stupid teens and reviewers

This game is very cute. It's also a fun game. This what i hate a reviewer bringing the same old crud when it has a redeeming qualities. Ignore them crapheads. I highly recommeded it.
Kid, 12 years old November 27, 2010

Musical fun for all ages. Great game.

I love this game. It is fun because there are so many cool musical instruments that are really easy to play. There are also fun mini-games and a cool drum mode with the Wii Balance Board.
Kid, 12 years old October 30, 2009

uhhhhh

this game is really easy to play but might seem only slightly hard for kids 4 and under. and the game i only played it once and i hated it!!!! this game was ment for kids 4 or 5 to 8 or 9 but not any older than that. PS: one of the resons this is perfect for littler kids is it can teach what kind of instruments are which and can SOMEWHAT teach them how to play them.
Parent Written bynatman July 1, 2009

Worst Game Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the worst game i have ever played!!! Only buy this game if you have kids 7 and under! I really recommend not to buy this game!
Kid, 11 years old November 28, 2009

Music game for all to understand.

Wii Music is a beautiful game! It has over 50 songs and 60 instruments for all to use! It's educational because it teaches children about music and the role models are fantastic. They are called the Tutes and they teach you about music. It's also very easy to play. Who thought that to play the trumpet you just need two buttons? It's so easy to play the guitar! It's a lovely game and I recommend it to everybody.
Parent of a 6 and 10 year old Written bykrotoole October 19, 2009

Interesting but not a long-term game

Wii Music is easy to pick up and charming in its own right but interest wanes due to the lack of any really coherent game mode. Think of it more as a toy than as a game. Everyone once in a while we all play around with it but its not a big family game (a la Mario Cart).