All member reviews for Wii Sports

Inclusive sports played a new way -- fun for all!

Learning(i)

Kid, 10 years old July 14, 2010

the game is the best, it's kinda educational cuz it teaches being a good sport lol
Teen, 14 years old Written byiNSPiRED April 18, 2011

Boxing, bowling, tennis, etc.!

This game is great! I don't know why anyone would dislike it, especially because it is easy to play, fun, and can be played as a small group activity. Wii Sports is very easy to like!
Kid, 9 years old February 1, 2011

Its OK Fun You Learn About Sprots Violence: Boxing Language: None
Kid, 10 years old July 15, 2010

Bad

It's a poor game now, I used to play it now, Wii Sports Resort is way better.
Kid, 10 years old August 9, 2010

Ok game

Im with jdog200. Its not bad
Written byAnonymous April 11, 2011

A very good tech demo.

This game is a tech demo for the wii. It isnt really a game as its only really made to show off the wii's potential. You buy it with the wii and it has 5 games. Tennis, Bowling, Boxing, Baseball, and Golf. I will review each. Tennis is extremely simple and in that respect its just like the other games. You hit a ball with the waggle of the remote. The harder and faster your move, the harder your hit. But its more about the timing of your hit than the power. The scoring is like regular tennis. There are two players on your team and you control both of them. If one moves, they both move. You cannot control where your players move. The game controls that aspect. Now this is a fun game. However it lacks any sort of lasting appeal. Its not terribly fun, and although I liked it, it isnt something you will replay. Bowling is the game you will come back to play. You swing your remote back to wind up while holding B. As you move your remote forward you release B. There is a noticeable problem because the ball seems to roll to the left way more than to the right. However the game will register your throws differently depending on how you threw, so the controls aren't bad, but you will still need to align your mii to the right a bit to plan ahead for the left spin that will happen. Other than the left spin, the game is fun, and you will play this several times sometimes with your friends. This is probably the game you will come back to most. Boxing involves you boxing against other miis by using the motion sensors in the wii remote. However this game requires you to plug in the nunchuck as well, and you use both hands to simulate a punching movement. The controls register well for the most part, and the game is somewhat fun. But you won't come back to it. Don't worry parents, there is no blood or anything like that. The next game is baseball. You swing the remote to throw the ball, and you swing the remote to swing at the ball. It's that simple. You have zero control over the outfield, thus the game has been dumbed down quite a bit. Playing against the computer is fun early on, but the computer opponents will quickly ramp up their skill level to the point at which trying to defeat them is an excersise in futility. I really only play this game with friends, because I actually do want to have a shot at winning. The final game is golf. It's not much more complicated than that, and much like the other games, virtually all the controls revolve around motion controls. You swing the remote to swing the club. Simple as that, and fun as that too. I liked the game. However at times it got boring. I have to admit that I am not one to talk since I REALLY SUCK at this game.....I am awful. On the screen it will usually tell you how far you are away from the hole. The measurement is ridiculous. It will often say you are several yards away from your hole even if it LOOKS like its less than a foot away. This game also has training. What I mean is, you can do drills of all these games to increase your skill level at the game. The drills are fun but I did not notice any improvement in my skills. I feel that this is a good tech demo, but it will not keep your interest for too long. Still, it is fun and you will play it for the 3 or 4 days before you wise up and purchase Mini Ninjas, New Super Mario Brothers, and Wii Sports Resort.
Kid, 8 years old October 17, 2010

Wii Sports

Well DUH This Game Comes With The Wii.Wii Is Amazing.The Best Of The Best.But Everyone Says The Boxing Is Violent.No Blood.Best Reccomendation.
Kid, 12 years old October 2, 2010

A sporty challenge!

Bundled in with every Wii console, Wii Sports is a sports game with simple controls but loads of fun packed in.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDa_Boy2010 May 20, 2010

Wii Sports

Its a sports game. Its fun when you play it with other people. ALWAYS remember to wear the wrist strap or else you can hit someone or something.
Kid, 11 years old February 19, 2011

a good game

a good game.
Adult Written byPvt. Sokolva January 5, 2011

I hate this game.

I personally hate this game and would tell it to burn in an adult place, if it weren't for the fact that SOOO many kids love this game. So. Game On. I guess... But there are positives that I recognize. For example, its very accessible to casual gamers, which is a veteran gamer's way of saying "people who have probably never touched a video game or if they have it made them slightly carsick". This game is accessible to young kids and adults alike, it really has a very wide appeal for people who generally don't even like games. And they seem to really enjoy swinging the clumsy Wii mote wildly, trying to make it work properly when most of the time your swings in tennis seem to be completely random but hey, it gives your arm an exersize. Terrible controls...the Wii motes are the clumsiest and most impossible controller's I've ever had to reckon with. I hate this game with a passion...and I've had to play it so many times.....my whole family of non-gamers went through a Wii Sports faze and for some reason I was expected to love it and join in on the fun. Wonderful. No thank you, I'd rather go back up to my cave and be antisocial as I wait for my ticket to college, but thanks for offering me a chance to make myself look like an idiot with you guys, swinging a stick around my head and yelling every time a ball bounces past a line. To be fair, this game really caught its audience. The casual gamer is hooked, reeled in, and layed out to dry by the Wii. Yay.
Kid, 12 years old June 13, 2010

Game on for all

Great game. Anyone can play. It teaches sportsmanship and encourages physical excercise. It is controlled very easily. It also teaches the rules and regulations of the game. Overall 6 stars :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 April 25, 2011

Fairly Violent

As this game is rated E, there is violence. There is a Boxing portion of the game and can get fairly violent. Due to Boxing, I think the game should be rated E10+
Kid, 11 years old October 15, 2010

for ages 1 to 1,000,000,000

awesome.But it does have violence (boxing). and on one game i earned a platinum medal!
Kid, 10 years old June 10, 2010

it has boxing and tenis, base ball,boling,golf and tranging for games a a test but boxing has lots of punching but no blood
Kid, 12 years old October 21, 2010

great game!!!

love this game, even though its a cheesy thing that comes with the wii...except i dont like how the baseball has only 2 players, and baseball is my fave sport! at least let 4 players play, so there can be fielders or something. other than that, great! :D
Kid, 8 years old September 18, 2010

EPIC GAME

It helps you learn about sports and its really easy, but safety is an issue. I'm a pro at the boxing, but its safety is really an issue.
Adult Written bymikbuck April 9, 2008

Loads of fun!!!!!

The whole family can play for hours with out even realizing it(been there, done that many times). Always wear the strap on the remote because I have seen people(not at my house) that have thrown the remote and broke a lamp.
Parent of a 3 and 7 year old Written byhosborne August 31, 2009

Good for the whole family

This is a great game for the whole family to play at one time. It gets everyone moving! We often have tournaments, plus there are many different sports you can play. It is so much fun, even my 3 year old enjoys it!
Adult Written bybasbel October 9, 2011

Cool

This is a very good game. With good sports man ship, Wii baseball rules!!! forever Cool game + fun= wii sports !! :)