All member reviews for World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King

Expansion lets long-time WOW enthusiasts explore dark side.

Adult Written bytwistofcain August 20, 2009

fine for tweens

love the game. it's really interesting. it's like being able to play through your favorite story.
Teen, 16 years old Written byArmadan October 4, 2010

A great learning experience, fun, challenging, skill building and tons of story to behold.

World of Warcraft is an amazing game people, dont let the media fool you. Addiction is NOT rampant - WoW simply is a once in a life-time experience that is like no other. The game is so well put together and the story, music and depth is astounding. The community can be a little troublesome at times especially if you play the Alliance, where immature kids run rampant spouting ridiculously inappropriate harrassments. I started playing WoW back in 2006 when I was 12 and it has brought me up in a LOT of societal skills. Ever since playing I am a better strategist, I'm better with computers, I cooperate with others much better, and I've learned alot about devotion to goals. This game has a lot to offer to someone willing to learn, and the lore and story behind the warcraft Universe is just amazing, the tons of books from reputable authors, the quest text, the comics --- just all of it is amazing! I'd suggest you head over to wowwiki.com right now and search up some of the back story on the game universe, this game offers so much depth and character building that anyone could learn something useful from it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byquidnick September 29, 2010

Exellent beyond words. Any smart child with swashbuckling spirit and maturity will fit right into Azeroth

An adventurous game that everyone needs to try. It's upsetting to think that immaturity actively upsets gameplay in WoW. (for example, comments made by halo-addicts such as ezio432) But gameplay is literally beyond anything i've seen. It's very safe; just because it's so safe keyloggers try to ruin the name of wow. My friends account was hacked and he wasn't able to get access again to characters he spent many days on. Of course this RARELY happens. Blizzard simply needs to do a better job suppressing botters. (Foreign automated people trying to make real $ in exchange for gold, warcraft's currency.) The game is all about expressing teamwork, gaming skill, and positive thinking. The only problem is, the player base can be rude, potentially mean to newcomers. Fed-up players have switched to one faction so they don't have to talk to haters. (Because horde can't communicate to alliance, vise versa.) If someone is causing havoc/ using profanity in your child's guild (cooperative group), just tell the leader. or you can ignore them. WoW has an advanced chat system that blocks -most- spam and -all- dirty words. One last time I have to praise the game mechanics and just how fun leveling and raiding with some good friends can be!
Kid, 12 years old April 29, 2010

wills review should young kids play

world of war craft is a great game kids 7 should be able to play it is is a 3rd player shooter there is some blood and the gore is alive trees falling in half there is some witch craft and casting this is my favorite online or possibility my favorite game ever made some players say the f word but you can turn the language off this game is an o.k for some young kids
Kid, 10 years old September 21, 2009
Kid, 12 years old June 11, 2012

violent but not scary

not as scary as catactsylum but VERY violent, not much gore more like magic, or mythological stuff, but really violent stuff i would recomend this game to mature tweens
Kid, 11 years old January 2, 2012

Awesome game!

this is an really good entertaining game i love it! but some blood and alcohol. but should be fine for 10 and up.
Kid, 12 years old May 6, 2011
I think its the BEST GAME EVER GO AND BUY IT
Kid, 12 years old September 13, 2010

wow

fun ummm yea!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old August 3, 2009

perfect for everyone 10+

I LOVE WORLD OF WARCRAFT!!!!!! my dad turned me onto it when i was about 9 and a half( now i am 12) ever sense than i have gotten two level 80s and one level 70. sure its time consuming but its for the joy of playing right. I'm not saying give your 9 and a half year old son a world of warcraft. and just so you all know i do have my sware block on. I play beside my father and its a great way to have some father, son bond time. i makes me want to be big and strong like a Tauren so i started working out sense than. Blizard is a great role model for anyone who likes MMO games.
Kid, 10 years old December 26, 2011

Awesome

I have played the demo of every world of warcraft game and I cant see why people think it's inappropriate. If you think your child is not safe try to set up a special server for them so they can play safely. If a person swears in the game another player has the ability to report them to the game makers and they will lose their account on the game. Also it is fine to let very little kids on it because they will not understand the violence of the game and it will just be fun for them. If your kid has been asking you for it download the demo for them first and see what affect it has on them. THIS GAME IS AWESOME!!
Parent of a 18+ year old Written byGarbarlex June 11, 2010

Good for older, mature teens

A lot of adults play this game and some of the chat so mature; however the game offers a filter which blocks most if not all offense language.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCubish December 22, 2009

One of the most addictive games on the market

i've recenetly gotten into playing WoW, and as far as content goes, its quite clean, there are a few zombies here and there that could be a little startling to a very small amount of people, but is most cirtaintly not a reason to avoid this title. the biggest problem is the games additive nature. seein as the game is an online one, it often times leaves you feeling you are obligated to stay and help out your "raid party", or "guild". i've stayed up till two o'clock on some nights playing WoW. One of the best games i've ever played, though, and anyone who plays this game is sure to love it.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byChloesmommy December 18, 2009

addicting. Sometimes not in a good way.

My husband and I play this game. We are ages 18 and 20. My husband had been playing for about a year when I met him and he sucked me right into it. Now here's the deal. This game is VERY VERY VERYYY addicting. VERY. I will admit that before I played this game I was a study geek. I always had my homework done on time, I always studied for tests for hours and my house was ALWAYS clean. But now that World of Warcraft has come along, I sometimes loose sight of these priorities. You will say that this won't happen, it's just a game. But I'm telling you, the longer you play it and the more you get into it, the more you make excuses for it to be okay. The more it seems normal to play it for 5-6 hours straight. Honestly, looking back I wish I never would have started. But, if you can play it in moderation it is a great, fun, and exciting game. Just make sure not to loose yourself in it. Because it is VERY easy to do.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymonkeyman260 December 10, 2009

even though its rated T i think it isn't a bad influence for young kids even if it has skulls o sticks

I love it, it is my favorite video game
Kid, 12 years old December 10, 2009

FANTASTIC GAME! I love it!

This game is FANTASTIC! Though the costs of subscription is pretty expensive, $15 a month for USA and $22 a month for AUS. Im not sure about places other than AUS an USA. The gameplay is simple the graphics are not great, the opportunities are unlimited, overall it is my favourite game! You should be at least 8 years of age before you play this game. HAPPY GAMING!
Teen, 14 years old Written byTHESOUL OFCALABUR August 29, 2009
Teen, 13 years old Written byeXtremeXD101 August 9, 2009

...

It's okay but.. I'm only 13 , and i think , if you want to keep a little sence in mind Don't play WoW , or if you don't want your kid asking 'i need WoTlK for death knight PLZPLZPLZPLZ PLAZ PLAZ PLAZ' , and spending a good amount of money , and paying every month for playing. Just my thought. :b ( i LOL'd at 15+ )
Parent of a 7, 16, and 17 year old Written byn8lhg March 26, 2009

Awesome Game, great family bonding if your house is full of gamers.

I'm a 48 year old parent, with teens in the house. I have been playing World of Warcraft with my 16 year old son for some time now. I consider it a great bonding experience, and if a family is involved with their kids life’s, is absolutely safe. If you are a parent who is not involved with their teens, you may want to avoid this game. Our home is full of gamers. My wife, myself, and all my kids are video game nuts. When there is no negative vibes in the home over games, it is easy to find a balance between obsession, fantasy, and real world. This game does NOT cause families to break up. If your family breaks up due to this game, it’s because it’s only a symptom of a deeper problem within your home. This game is not the cause.
Parent Written bymimirobins January 26, 2012

This game is addicting/ too time consuming- PARENTS BEWARE!

This game is highly addicitive and very time consuming! We had to limit our 16 yr old's game time, as we suspect he was playing it into wee hours of the morning ( based on e-mails from his teachers saying he was falling asleep in class ) Worst "gift" I ever bought him because it consumes him and his friends. He considers playing this game with friends he knows from school to be "friend time/social time." I think we're going to see a very disfunctional generation coming up because of the convenience of technology and no real need to leave home to see them. I would never again buy this game, knowing what I know now about its addicting nature!!