All member reviews for World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King

Teen, 16 years old Written byArmadan October 4, 2010

A great learning experience, fun, challenging, skill building and tons of story to behold.

World of Warcraft is an amazing game people, dont let the media fool you. Addiction is NOT rampant - WoW simply is a once in a life-time experience that is like no other. The game is so well put together and the story, music and depth is astounding. The community can be a little troublesome at times especially if you play the Alliance, where immature kids run rampant spouting ridiculously inappropriate harrassments. I started playing WoW back in 2006 when I was 12 and it has brought me up in a LOT of societal skills. Ever since playing I am a better strategist, I'm better with computers, I cooperate with others much better, and I've learned alot about devotion to goals. This game has a lot to offer to someone willing to learn, and the lore and story behind the warcraft Universe is just amazing, the tons of books from reputable authors, the quest text, the comics --- just all of it is amazing! I'd suggest you head over to wowwiki.com right now and search up some of the back story on the game universe, this game offers so much depth and character building that anyone could learn something useful from it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byquidnick September 29, 2010

Exellent beyond words. Any smart child with swashbuckling spirit and maturity will fit right into Azeroth

An adventurous game that everyone needs to try. It's upsetting to think that immaturity actively upsets gameplay in WoW. (for example, comments made by halo-addicts such as ezio432) But gameplay is literally beyond anything i've seen. It's very safe; just because it's so safe keyloggers try to ruin the name of wow. My friends account was hacked and he wasn't able to get access again to characters he spent many days on. Of course this RARELY happens. Blizzard simply needs to do a better job suppressing botters. (Foreign automated people trying to make real $ in exchange for gold, warcraft's currency.) The game is all about expressing teamwork, gaming skill, and positive thinking. The only problem is, the player base can be rude, potentially mean to newcomers. Fed-up players have switched to one faction so they don't have to talk to haters. (Because horde can't communicate to alliance, vise versa.) If someone is causing havoc/ using profanity in your child's guild (cooperative group), just tell the leader. or you can ignore them. WoW has an advanced chat system that blocks -most- spam and -all- dirty words. One last time I have to praise the game mechanics and just how fun leveling and raiding with some good friends can be!
Kid, 12 years old June 11, 2012

violent but not scary

not as scary as catactsylum but VERY violent, not much gore more like magic, or mythological stuff, but really violent stuff i would recomend this game to mature tweens
Kid, 11 years old January 2, 2012

Awesome game!

this is an really good entertaining game i love it! but some blood and alcohol. but should be fine for 10 and up.
Kid, 10 years old December 26, 2011

Awesome

I have played the demo of every world of warcraft game and I cant see why people think it's inappropriate. If you think your child is not safe try to set up a special server for them so they can play safely. If a person swears in the game another player has the ability to report them to the game makers and they will lose their account on the game. Also it is fine to let very little kids on it because they will not understand the violence of the game and it will just be fun for them. If your kid has been asking you for it download the demo for them first and see what affect it has on them. THIS GAME IS AWESOME!!
Kid, 12 years old May 6, 2011

I think its the BEST GAME EVER GO AND BUY IT
Kid, 12 years old September 13, 2010

wow

fun ummm yea!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byWow nerd August 13, 2010

Perfect game,easy to understand but launguage is a problem

I love it ive been playing since Wrath of the lich king came out and i just love it.Pretty easy to understand,do quests and battle monsters.Many people use bad language but you can block it off with the language filter but still many people can get around that by using $ instead of s for the manure word.You can control how long you let your kids play by using the parent controls.If your going to play do not go to the moon guard roleplaying realm.Many people there are ERP,erotic roleplayers.I dont play on many realms but avoid Moon guard.Another thing is hackers,many people have had their account hacked.DO NOT HAND OUT YOUR ACCOUNT INFO TO ANYONE
Teen, 13 years old Written byldhunter13 July 15, 2010

Perfect for anyone 10+ as long as language filter is on

I play WoW WotLK I think it is an amazing game the only thing that can be bad is if you turn the language filter off many people use very horrible language people from all age groups play this game and so there is usually very adult language among older players, but as long as the filter is turned its a perfectly acceptable game for anyone with double digit ages. Another down side usually incorporated into the game is the long hours but with a time limit set those hours can be controlled to a specific time of day and the hours can be controlled.
Kid, 11 years old May 5, 2010

Kid review

Kid review: Safty: I don't like the hackers. They take all your stuff, and you get reported about going around WoW without cloths. I try to tell my father not to buy the Authentacator, and he listens to me. Violince: Much, nothing to bad, not dispising murders like in prince of persa. Ed: You save up gold, sell, get, good for the avrage 4th, 5th grader. Role Models: *WARNING* Do not think that dwarves are role models! But people like Tiron Fording, King Varian Werrn, Jaina Proudmoore, Thrall, real simple tp choose one.
Kid, 12 years old April 29, 2010

wills review should young kids play

world of war craft is a great game kids 7 should be able to play it is is a 3rd player shooter there is some blood and the gore is alive trees falling in half there is some witch craft and casting this is my favorite online or possibility my favorite game ever made some players say the f word but you can turn the language off this game is an o.k for some young kids
Kid, 11 years old April 19, 2010

i love this game! it is fun but it can become very very addictive... this game is probably one of the best MMO RPG game out there. Theres endless game play... dungeons for higher lvls, items to collect, and 80 levels(85 now) levels take a while of work.... from 1-80 it will take about a year but it really depends on the time you play.... i would reccomend that you set a time limit so that the kids dont get to addicted. I believe that you should play this game for an experience to see what many people call the best game ever. Although there is much violence it is only like a little bit of a red goo comes out when you hit a person. There is sometimes a sexual dance that characters do when they are not played in a while. Other then language this game has not much bad about it, but the language can be easily stopped by parental controlls to wear you see only stuff like &@*^ instead of the actual word. so the language can be controlled and i am not independet on this game and i think that no one is. If you dont have a team or work with others you cannot achieve the games many prizes like pvp if you are alliance lvl 80 with no epic gear you will stand no chance to other players.... Like i said this game can be very addictive but it can be controlled by having other daily activities like going outside and playing baseball is what i usually do. So if you are wondering to buy your kid this game its kind of mystical stuff like world of the rings monsters and theres barely any blood except for a little bit of splat then its gone its a tiny bit of a cloud not even anywhere but on the air... there is language but it can be controlled by parental controll language blocker and there is some players that choose to be bad and what i do is i always just ignore them i will soon reccomend to blizard a report abuse to like language to were they can get like muted for a week. But i would reccomend buying this game and controll your self or child to get activity or they will become to addicted to this game i hope this review helped you see if this game is good for your child or for yourself. Thanks for reading bye!
Teen, 14 years old Written byCubish December 22, 2009

One of the most addictive games on the market

i've recenetly gotten into playing WoW, and as far as content goes, its quite clean, there are a few zombies here and there that could be a little startling to a very small amount of people, but is most cirtaintly not a reason to avoid this title. the biggest problem is the games additive nature. seein as the game is an online one, it often times leaves you feeling you are obligated to stay and help out your "raid party", or "guild". i've stayed up till two o'clock on some nights playing WoW. One of the best games i've ever played, though, and anyone who plays this game is sure to love it.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymonkeyman260 December 10, 2009

even though its rated T i think it isn't a bad influence for young kids even if it has skulls o sticks

I love it, it is my favorite video game
Kid, 12 years old December 10, 2009

FANTASTIC GAME! I love it!

This game is FANTASTIC! Though the costs of subscription is pretty expensive, $15 a month for USA and $22 a month for AUS. Im not sure about places other than AUS an USA. The gameplay is simple the graphics are not great, the opportunities are unlimited, overall it is my favourite game! You should be at least 8 years of age before you play this game. HAPPY GAMING!
Kid, 10 years old September 21, 2009

Teen, 14 years old Written byTHESOUL OFCALABUR August 29, 2009

Teen, 13 years old Written byeXtremeXD101 August 9, 2009

...

It's okay but.. I'm only 13 , and i think , if you want to keep a little sence in mind Don't play WoW , or if you don't want your kid asking 'i need WoTlK for death knight PLZPLZPLZPLZ PLAZ PLAZ PLAZ' , and spending a good amount of money , and paying every month for playing. Just my thought. :b ( i LOL'd at 15+ )
Kid, 12 years old August 3, 2009

perfect for everyone 10+

I LOVE WORLD OF WARCRAFT!!!!!! my dad turned me onto it when i was about 9 and a half( now i am 12) ever sense than i have gotten two level 80s and one level 70. sure its time consuming but its for the joy of playing right. I'm not saying give your 9 and a half year old son a world of warcraft. and just so you all know i do have my sware block on. I play beside my father and its a great way to have some father, son bond time. i makes me want to be big and strong like a Tauren so i started working out sense than. Blizard is a great role model for anyone who likes MMO games.