All parent member reviews for World of Warcraft

Parent Written byProtectingOurKids December 20, 2012

PARENTS BEWARE!!

This game is full of child molestors, drug addicts, and people who cyberbully and sexually exploit children and women. Blizzard claims to have a reporting system in place however no one ever gets banned regardless of how many reports are made and the endless vulgarities, sexual exploitations, talk of drug use and cyberbullying in the game chat reflects this. In fact, even when a convicted child molestor is reported soliciting sex through the game nothing is done. Please if you love your child do not buy this game for them. It will destroy their life in more ways then one.
Parent Written byWow=addicting May 22, 2012

Overall is an epic game, just needs to be monitored

I think this is an awesome game with tons of fun activities. Some of the chat can get racist or sexually disgusting, but that depends on the people your character hangs around, what server your on, and you can ALWAYS ignore somebody so they cant talk to you at all. command for ignore is /ignore . This game is a portal to another world where you can indulge yourself. VERY ADDICTING, i got hooked on it easily, I was 1 of the first people to play WOW and loved it ever since I started. Unfortunately i have quit this game due to lack of respect to other players and 24/7 players that kill everybody and everything. Nice job Blizzard, double thumbs up.
Adult Written byandy351 January 29, 2012

better than the 3rd

I think it is worse than other ones, but i think it wouldn't be the worst of them.
Adult Written bydaxina November 23, 2010

Perfect for older kids, but not for tweens

I love the game. I love the characters and enjoy it too much. I got an site for the custom homepage of WoW..just click on www.sleeksearch.com...and enjoy the themes created for us.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byohya August 16, 2010
fun
Adult Written bysaiyamtoblue11@... March 28, 2010

It is an ok game for ages 8 and up

i play the game it is sometome addtive i was addictied too it but only for about 2 weeks if your ok with fantasy things like lord of the rings then it should be ok for your kids but you can talk too peopele you don't now and wich they may ask disturbing questions like will you be my world of warcarft wife or something like that.
Parent Written byPlague December 14, 2009

Waste of life, and money. (WoW)

I played it for about 2 weeks and I just didn't see the point in it. I mean, 15 dollars a month is a LOT for an online video game. My brother loves this game and hes 32, pretty sad. Maybe a good game for Fantasy lovers who can afford the monthly fee and still afford food, bills, and ect. for the family. If not, dont even bother playing it.
Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written bySyrah September 5, 2009
I love the game and my kids enjoy it, they prefer creating characters and then playing a little and then deleting them and starting again, a little like big girls Barbie. They don't interact with other players at all and they /ignore anyone who talks to them. They do enjoy the low level questing and really have learned a huge amount about map reading and co-ordinates
Parent of a 10 year old Written byOldGuysRule August 5, 2009

Perfect for mature 10plus year olds

Loved it i am 30 and i loved it so much Kinda violent but i can deal Many non violent things to do the occasional suggestive or bad messages get through the filters All around best game ever!!!
Adult Written by14dt13768 July 6, 2009

addictive but fun

it is a very very addictive game so be carefull.but it is amazing. it is a little expensive though
Adult Written byAxeKilo April 28, 2009

Warning!! Very Addictive

I played World of Warcraft (WoW) for three years, i am 18 and addicted, although my addiction didn't get out of control, like stealing to play, skip classes, spend loads of money... etc. My parents caught the problem right before i spent all summer on it, and didn't get a job. I still play behind my parents back off and on and i cant seem to break my habit. If you think about playing this game i highly suggest that you do not. My friend got me into it and i wish i didn't even start playing. When you do a dungeon or a raid its a random drop, its like a slot machine, random chance. It consumed a lot of my time, you push to be better and better, but the game never ends, i was in the best gear and the best guild at 70 then the WOTLK and it all started over again. i spent about 8-9 hours a day on it from, 12:40 when i got off school to about 10 at night on school night and then weekend about 2-3 in the morning and sleep in till 12 and then do it again. I am writing this so that maybe i can help someone to not be addicted to the game. I have been addicted for 2 1/2 years and i recommend not to let your kids play, or for you to play!!!
Adult Written bytreasoner April 9, 2008

a good rpg

once again blizz has made a grate at least i think iv been playing for about 3-4 years now i have 2 lvl 70's and sum mid to low rang lvls so i think iv got a grasp of how things are in the game the good is you can talk to sum cool people from around the world and you can learn how to manege money and how to solve problems with people now for sum bad thaer can be sum jerks in the game and the game is long for it is a never ending game with new stuff being added a lot of the time class:pally guild:you wish realm:Tichondrius
Adult Written byfrast April 9, 2008
Adult Written bytn April 9, 2008

Very addictive and expensive

This game seems safe, fun and challenging. It can be extremely addictive and will eat up all available time. It is very expensive compared to other computer games. The game costs $50 at the local game store, then it costs $15 per month to play. The monthly fee can be paid with a credit card or you can buy 3-month cards at the local game store. My 13-year-old mows the lawn to pay for his time.
Adult Written byNotJames, James. April 9, 2008

great game

this game is by far the best game of 2005 and by far the best mmorpg. I would suggest this game to anyone over the age of 11.
Adult Written byanihalator April 9, 2008
Adult Written bynzaldastani April 9, 2008
Adult Written byladyt April 9, 2008

Wonderfully fun and great graphics.

WOW is a fun, intense, and very involved game. I recommend it for anyone 10 and up, but as a parent who plays and has children who play here a few things to wtch for. 1. Involvment: this game can take over your life so moniter your childs playing time. Get a character of your own so u can know what your child is talking about when they say"but mom, i have to play, people are depending on me" or, " i need 15% more xp to get level 40 so I can buy my mount". 2. Guilds: Make sure your child gets in a guild that is sensitive to the fact that their are young children who play. Most guilds are good and know when a younger person is playing and will watch language and content in vent or on chat, but not all so look out for this. Over all this game is great for all who like role playing games that let them "escape" for a while.
Adult Written bygamermom April 9, 2008
Adult Written bychonga April 9, 2008

A must-read book for every 8 year old

okay, like i am a big on nerd games kinda guy, so i had to check this out. if anything, i wouldn't worry about sexual content. A problem could be exposure to other people, but wow is generally a safe environment with people who just want to play and do quests and raids. Alcohol and violence could be an issue, but even tv rated for kids could even have more. these things our glorified in our society and early exposures are important so that young kids dont take them the wrong way.