All member reviews for World of Warcraft

Teen, 15 years old Written bywillbarchi April 9, 2008

Bleeh. I've seen so many obsessed people!

OK, ITS A GOOD GAME. Don't bite my head of YET! Anyway, I personally dislike wow simply because of the fact that it TAKES OVER LYVEZ! xD Seriously, if you introduce an 11 year old to this, they won't wanna do anything else... Then just sit back and watch as they turn into an unhealthy dweeb with no social life. LOL. Harsh i know, but its the truth. There are 50 YEAR OLDS on this game. Find a more constructive past time for your kids or at least limit play time to an hour a day. Ps, I speak from experience. My next door neighbour eats drinks and SLEEPS wow. Its pretty painful to watch sometimes, cus he's a great kid. :( DONT LET THIS GAME TAKE OVER YOUR LIFE. CHOOSE REAL LIFE OVER REALITY! GET SOME REAL LIFE FRIENDS!
Teen, 15 years old Written byprylozap July 6, 2011

12+ FTW!

Teaches kids how to manage money, can get to know older, kind "guild" members. A lot of people cuss on there, so make sure your kids know your opinion on this. Alcohol is involved, especially as dwarves lol.
Kid, 10 years old July 22, 2009

awesome game

the best game. even the bad stuff is not really that bad, not an issue. yeah you can drink alcohol but your screen gets all blurry and you can't walk or talk straight. so really i don't if i'm going to actually play. it's a cool game that a lot of people can play, my family all plays together.
Teen, 15 years old Written byOhNoItsGessX3 September 2, 2010

WoW is pretty cool.

This game is really, really quite fun, especially if you are into role playing. So basically what you do is you create a character, join a server and start doing quests, either by yourself or with other members. If you're hanging around spawning points, it's a pretty big hotspot for horny 14 year olds and other swearing members. But really, that's nothing to worry about because after you're away from the spawning points everyone else is busy with quests and actually USING the game for what it's made for, instead of relentlessly going on about things you'd be worried about. Of course when you're teamed up with other people, they may swear. That's really all there is though. But this game is really a LOT of fun once you get into it. =) Just mind your own business, play with only people you know and you're probably not going to run into much trouble concerning language and sexy stuff.
Kid, 9 years old April 8, 2010

Perfect for children 7+!!

15+? No way! If you feel comfortable with fighting monsters, than this game is for you. Education: Children can learn how to save and spend money. Instead of one type of money, you have gold, silver, and copper. You can also learn about auction and trade. Positive messages: Sure there are some cuss words, but if you are under 13, its best to join a family guild (a guild is like a club) The older members there will be glad to help you and are kind. I know my guild is! Good role models: Sure, you can get drunk, but if you are, your avatar's vision is blurry, and you say things wrong. Example: If you become drunk, and you say "is", sometimes you say "ish" and sometimes you hiccup! Teaching you not to be drunk. Easy to play: The game has easy instructions and helpful tips at first. Also, the holiday games are easy too. Safety: There is a settings section for parents to filter words and such.
Kid, 11 years old December 24, 2009

This game rocks I got hooked on the first day! my dad plays it to and the violence isn't m- game material. Also some heroes like the argent dawn are extremly focused on protecting the world and its inhabitants.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhermione1226 April 7, 2015

Eats a Hole in Your Wallet

Obviously this isn't a game for young children, but 15 and up? I think that's a little over the top. There really isn't too much in terms of inappropriate content, except for a little violence. The real issue I have with this game is the cost. The disc itself costs $20.00, and it comes with a free month of play-time. After that, though, it's $15 per month. As if that wasn't enough, once you get to a certain point in the game, you need to purchase one of countless expansions. Another tip: once you subscribe, the game charges you every month until you cancel.
Kid, 12 years old March 11, 2015

13 and over

There is some violence but that's mainly it. The violence is about the same as skyrim.
Kid, 11 years old December 16, 2014

A great game!

World of Warcraft (WoW), is a very great MMORPG. What parents need to know is that this is a fighting game. It has some VERY creepy monsters, things that make your body shiver. But that's it. No swearing, no sex, none of it. I rate this on for ages 12 and up, because it's somewhat an advanced game, targeted for older audiences. One or two of the girl player models aren't scandalous, but they do show off the breasts a little. But don't worry, there is no nudity. This game is perfect for kids around the 12 age range, and higher.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjordan.parton September 3, 2014

Outstanding

Although some of the female characters may not be dressed in the best attire, and there is an opportunity to buy booze and consume it. These things are very rare, and hardly ever noticed (most of the scantiness is on ads on other sites, not in the actual gameplay). As for the drinking, It is hardly ever noticed unless you actually seek out to buy the booze, otherwise you won't really need to unless your delivering it for a quest of sorts, and even then it's labeled as "ale" rather than beer or whiskey. As for things like swearing and violence, these things are rare and hard to come by, and all you need to do is explain to your child that the word "damn" is wrong and that violence is equally as bad, and chances are if they do somehow notice a swear or a alcoholic beverage, they will know it is not something of positive value. Other than that it's a beautiful game, it will help your child's imagination flourish and logistical skills, as well as teamwork and communication. I know that when I had this game when I was nine, I saw a swear or too and saw a skimpy woman, but thanks to my parent's counseling I knew that these things are actually frowned upon. Please consider getting this for your child, it will make them so happy, and also in a way prepares them for temptations of alcohol and sex in real life.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheGamingWorgen May 8, 2014

For the Alliance/Horde

This game is amazingly fun. Not to mention it's so much different from other console games. The game takes place in Azeroth, a planet like earth, and the Outlands, a hellish planet. Much of game leads a character throughout the conflicts and problems of you're fraction. You chose the Alliance or the Horde. Each has a different races that reflect their side. The Alliance or more or less humane. The Horde is more or less savage like. (Just my opinion) The game's graphics can be good or okay. I love this game. It's lore is interesting. The characters are unique. The leaders of each faction are inspirational. Though even if there is alcohol in the game, it only messes up your scream and messes with you're text. Anyway this game is fun!
Kid, 10 years old March 22, 2014

Awesome Game Some Blood

Okay this game might get a bad rep but if you play for a while there are great role models and teamwork they say there is a lot of cursing but there is never cursing when I play
Kid, 10 years old March 14, 2014

For kids

You can turn off lots of bad things in parental settings. I started playing when I was 4!
Kid, 12 years old January 19, 2014

Looks good but talk to your parents first

I just came across a random ad about world of Warcraft.I heard about it lately. But I thought it was another Teen rated game and you know what I'm right! I wanted to play it but I quickly dash to this site.I heard about to reviews about the parents lately and they also said it about the sex,violence,and negative comments.I was cautious about it lately.It will probably be good for ages 12-15
Kid, 10 years old January 1, 2014

World Of Warcraft

I think that the should be 9 and up as fantasy takes a huge bite out of violence and alcohol so pretty much the only think is avatars in bikinis
Teen, 14 years old Written byChicken100 April 13, 2013

great game

i think this game is really fun. one of the best. parents can put parental controls on just in case. download the demo and see if you like it
Teen, 17 years old Written byPoetic Ramblings January 28, 2013

LEARNING

Great game, amazing graphics, good free version

Despite the title, I have not seen what I would consider graphic violence in the game. And I'm someone who's pretty squeamish about violence. The main thing you want to consider when determining whether or not your child is old enough to play this game, is that you do in fact kill things. It's not as if you see a mangled corpse, but your enemy does lay on the ground, unmoving. Given that this is a MMORPG, you do encounter other players in the game, and it goes without saying that they aren't always pleasant. You can, however, turn off the chat feature in the interface. It is true that not all characters in the game are modestly dressed, but I don't see this to be at all a problem. To quote Liz Lemon, nothing in the "bathing suit area" is revealed. It's not as if the characters are oozing sex. They're animated characters and I personally don't see the big problem if their shoulders or stomachs show. This isn't a great game for tweens that are easily frightened. There are zombies and monsters and the like. But again, nothing particular graphic or in your face. Long and short of it: it's fine for kids on the younger side provided their parents know about the different safety features and tools to limit play time. (Visit battle.net for more info.) Oh, and I do think there are more lessons to be learned then what's stated. You can talk about the warring factions and whether they consider one to be the "good guy" or "bad guy." Discuss the points of view and the good and the bad in both sides. There are some good role models, even in war. Lady Sylvanas, who freed herself and others from oppression and leads them with the hope of one day freeing all of her people. And other great leaders from both sides. Another good topic are the outcasts. The undead and worgen (werewolf like creature) races are two sides of a coin, most of them once being human and now looked down upon by the sides they fight for. As others have warned, this is not a game for people who have what I call "addictive personalities." My dad bought this game as a joint present for my sister and my 17th and 18th birthdays. (We'd been playing on a starter account.) My dad will play for a couple hours after he gets home from work. My sister will also play for a couple hours a day. I generally play less than an hour a day. I find the game is more fun when played for short periods at a time. It's a good stress reliever. Too much play time brings stress, however.
Teen, 17 years old Written byEmomancer October 28, 2012

It's perfectly fine

WoW, as it's usually referred too, is not what most people think it is. People think that it's addicting, but the truth is that it's as addicting as you want it to be. If you played WoW and got addicted, you truly have no one to blame but yourself. I'm not trying to put anyone down by saying this, I just say it because it's true. For those who don't like it for religious reasons, you have to keep in mind that this is a completely fantasy, in no way real world and your child who plays it is not going to start practicing "demonic arts" because of it. There is also a Parental Controls feature to manage your child's playtime, and there is a feature to actually block the "chat box" so that your child is not exposed to swearing or other such things. It also teaches children not to get drunk (you can get drunk in-game and not really be in any true control of your character) to save money (you have to save "gold" to buy essential things, for example at one point you will need to pay someone to learn how to fly) and, what I think is most important, if someone is doing something that you know is malicious, you should always, ALWAYS, stand up to that person.
Teen, 15 years old Written byRPG_MAGE August 15, 2012

Know your Warcraft

Ok so a lot of these reviews are pretty negative towards the game. It does contain some alcohol reference but by the time your kid is even 9 or 10 he/she has probably seen you drink either wine or beer at a party or whatever. There is mild language but if your kid has common sense, they won't repeat these words. I have played the game along with many other RPG's and FPSs' and WoW is not even close to one of the "inappropriate" games. Honestly, you just have to know your kid and their level of maturity. If they are mature enough for this game then what you have to worry about is the cost. At the end of a full year of memberships you end up spending $180.00 or more on a virtual world. In my opinion, I think it's totally worth it and completely affordable for someone my age. If you've ever played the game, Wizard101, the cost are much more expensive. First, the membership is 10 dollars a month, thats pretty respectable, the way they make their money is on crowns. Crowns are something Kingsisle sells. It's money in the game that allows you to purchase better gear. Blizzard does something similar but you can still enjoy the game without it unlike W101. If you are fine with all those cons, there is just 1 more before I get to the pros. This game is incredibly addicting. "Just one more level...Just one more level" yep WoW is that kind of game. You just can't sign off yet. You always have to go raid a goblin fort or complete a quest for the panderians or something. There is a way to make it... non-addicting. That is to set time limits. To see what happens to people when they play to mush WoW just watch on YouTube The Guild. It shows how bad it is to get addicted to the game. I also forgot to say people can be huge jerks on Warcraft. Now for the pros. The game helps with team building. Say if two kids don't get along, put them in a guild together and watch the magic work. The game will bond them. They will go on quest and raids together. Eventually, the two will realize they heave a lot in common. Another pro is it teaches kids how to strategize and plan. It also teaches players old english. The NPCs (Non Playing Character) normal use complex words and probably uses every prefix and suffix there is out there. Well, there you have it! I hope this helps your family make a decision on the game. But, before I go I must inform you of the suggestive themes. There is some skin showing on boys and girls. Good luck and have a great day! +13 Game!
Teen, 13 years old Written byTay Baby July 5, 2012

Be Careful(:

This game is really good. It teaches how to manage money and more important skills. People on there are mostly older and they do talk about drugs and sex. Some people try to get a relationship on World Of Warcraft. Otherwise its a great game.