All member reviews for Zoo Tycoon 2

An outstanding zoo simulation game!

Kid, 10 years old September 12, 2010

really fun game nothing bad or nasty in the game
Teen, 13 years old Written byquaggasaurus August 30, 2010

Good for kids of all ages, really

I've played this game since I was little. It involves you managing a zoo. You can build almost anything you want. Building exhibits for the animals usually requires you to meet their needs first. For example, if I was building an exhibit for, say, a lion, I would first need to put down the correct biome and foilage from the area in the world it was from (in this case Africa). I could put down savannah plants from other parts of the world, but guests will judge you based on the educational factor of the exhibits. I would then need to put down food, water, toys, shelter, and a few other things to keep it happy. This game tries to be as realistic as possible without being inappropriate. "Mating" is usually just a male and a female of a species laying down next to each other. And "fighting" is two animals pawing the air, and one animal usually falls to the ground, and magically turns into a carcass. There is no blood or gore whatsoever in this game, so violence is not a issue. This game may be a bit too hard for kids under 5.
Kid, 12 years old January 30, 2014

"Zoo Tycoon Complete Collection" review - it's great

Hi, Epicboy21, yet again. I couldn't find the PC Zoo Tycoon 1 and haven't played the second one, but I'm reviewing the first one. The first game is basically about building a zoo, getting customers and taking care of animals. When you take care of the animals, you get tour guides and have to be careful for financial reasons. You can also get zookeepers that will feed animals and clean up their poop (you can assign them to a particular place) and you also pay cleaners. With MARINE MANIA included, you also can pay a man that feeds the aquatic animals and with DINOSAUR DIGS you can also have a palaeontologist dinosaur take-care guy, with a helicopter. You can name things, like animals, and yes, it accepts profanities. However, you can't hear staff saying the name. As far as I know, nothing gets in the way about online stuff. If you don't take care of animals and let them create havoc, it gets nasty however. That's why the "VIOLENCE" descriptor is there. For example, animals that aren't fed or not taken care of can pass away, and if you allow it, animals eat other animals (all you see is a cloud and then the victim disappears; it's all natural behaviour anyway, and it isn't rewarded); when it comes to human-related violence, animals can attack humans, and humans can die by drowning. However, some can swim and to make them drown you do special stuff. However, NONE of the violence is part of the game. Except it notifies you if animals pass away. And if it says a notice, your animals' or keepers' name will appear. As in "---------- looks overjoyed." "Help! Get me out of here!" most of the time. So the game has it's violent moments, but most of it is if animals aren't taken care of properly. (Heck, even a dinosaur can throw a boy up and eat him in one gulp.) Also, the game's a little difficult to take care of the finance and animals, so that at least provides SOME education. If someone's named a profanity, it'll appear in some notices. As in if you call someone the F-word, it'll accept it. All in all, it's a good game. Thank you for reading.
Kid, 12 years old February 12, 2011

Perfect game, no probs

I love this game and once even got up to a four and a half star zoo on challenge mode. If you play this game, you can tell that this is big. Kids can learn how to manage space, money, and customers, and how to keep the animals fed and happy. The Zoopedia can provide extra information on all the animals that are available. The only problem is that if animals are not fed, there is too little space, it is the wrong habitat, etcetera, they will kill their own for food. Also, though animals won't go through the real mating process, they will lie down close too each other and the female will be pregnant immediately. That isn't really a prob, though.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKaty0 August 24, 2009

Fun

Very fun, great for kids and adults alike. There is a bit of violence-panthers and other big cats sometimes kill each other but it's far from graphic.
Kid, 11 years old April 25, 2009
Teen, 13 years old Written byravenr August 22, 2014

A great game with expansions filled with blood thirsty dinosaurs and adorable dodo's

This charm right here called Zoo Tycoon 2 is a great experience for us kids As my fellow kids and teens have said already there is no blood unless you install the Blood & Gore pack (which I have:3) the game can get quite brutal for animals attack each other and guests but it's not graphic. And also parents PLEASE do t give this to young kids because they don't know how to take care of animals which means they will abuse the animals. There is a scare though and that's when the Microsoft logo appears (it even makes me jump a little) and the blue fang logo (It always scared me as a kid but I never had nightmares but I'm not your child so <:/ )
Kid, 10 years old December 17, 2013

OMGGGGG

OMG this game is awesomeness in discuise (I know I spelled that wrong)
Kid, 11 years old June 2, 2012

LEARNING

I love this game!

I used to play this game every day, all the time! I made a zoo with only water animals, such as whales, dolphins, penguins, you know. It was so fun! I was great at it, too. I put on amazing shows with my whales, and began to get, like, 1,000 dolphins! I like this game.
Kid, 11 years old February 26, 2012

GREAT GAME!!!

On top of every game I'v played I love this game, I have been playing it since I was eight and it hasn't gotten boring yet. Zoo tycoon 2 is a great and secretly a fun learning game, but don't even bother with the original Zoo Tycoon. I is horrible there is terrible grapics and the animals are way to picking, and the only thing that you learn about the animals are the difficult to read files. Zoo Tycoon 2 also has these file but eaiser to understand, besides if your child can't read yet they learn by observing the animals.They can take great high grahic photos and watch animal babys as they grow up, whall trying to run a succsessful zoo. With all the expantions there is eaisly over 100 animals to choose from. So get this game for your kids and let there imagtion be king.
Teen, 15 years old Written byverityfate December 18, 2011

Anyone can play

This was one of my absolute favourites when I was younger (around the age of 8 to 10). Basically, you are given a starting amount of funds and have to make a world-class zoo out of it. Along the way, kids can learn a TON about animals and their habitats, as well as business and finance. It teaches about the importance of preserving the environment and protecting endangered animals as well. Although violence can occasionally occur between animals, and the animals do mate and have babies,overall, this game is very appropriate. Some younger kids might not understand how to play, but older kids will pick up on it quickly.
Teen, 14 years old Written byprincesspeach July 29, 2011

I LOVE it!

The Violent part is the rampage if you have dinosaurs! It's educational because it teaches you facts about animals! Its THE best game! It's not only about taking care of animals, it's about making ur customers happy, u feed the pets,play with them, wash them, buy things for your customers to look at, i can't explain! the only thing i can say is IT ROCKS! You can be nice, or play mean (i choose mean!) Because if customers are annoying you, put them in a pit with an alligater! LOLOLOL! haha, i <3 this!
Teen, 13 years old Written byJacobTheGreat2 July 26, 2011

Outdated but Fun.

I have all EPs for this game and it's awesome. There is some violence, but there are ways to prevent it. Such as keeping animals in proper habitats. There are facts you can read about that animals. It also teaches how to run a business and to manage your expenses and income. When you are really young like 6 or some thing, you might like the freeplay, where you have everything unlocked and unlimited cash. better, but when you are my age, you like challenge mode and campaign. There are some flaws. It's old so the graphics are bad, the visitor mode is unrealistic, and the building are very unrealistic. If you get Extinct Animals, you will, unlike the original version, get extinct mammals and birds like the dodos, but not as many dinosaurs. So there are no alausaures unlike the original. Which is why I sometimes went back to the original. But overall this game is awesome.
Kid, 11 years old April 11, 2011

No probs

I love this game and especially because animals, I love animals, and even though predators can attack their prey, there's really no blood, just a rib with some meat when it dies.
Kid, 10 years old March 9, 2011

ZT2

This game was quite entertaining for me...was fun to play.
Kid, 11 years old February 26, 2011

The best game!!

This is one of the best games ever in existence. (I have the ultimate collection)
Teen, 14 years old Written byMyxboxliveisroc... February 14, 2011

Great game!

Fun game loved it when i was about 8 but i found out that it does have some violence in it if you let your animals out of their fences espiecally bears lions and anything that kills people they will kill your visitors no violent or graphic killing though plus mainly they escape the zoo before they get killed i used to let the animals out alot so they would chase me visitors etc out lol :]
Teen, 15 years old Written byCynderMizuki January 29, 2011

Fun and educational!

I create usermade creations for this game so I literally know this game down to the coding. It's a wonderful and fun way for kids to learn about animals. The whole game is entirely kid friendly and the animals do breed but parents you don't have to worry. The animals fall asleep and when they wake up they have hearts above their heads and you soon get a notice that the animal is pregnant. I would avoid the fansites right now because everything is really dramatic.
Kid, 8 years old December 14, 2010

For An 8 Year Old

i say it should be for my age because theres no blood everything seems quite fine
Kid, 9 years old November 1, 2010

Good game, might be upsetting

The game might scare kids 7 and under by the fights and diseases. Zoo Tycoon 2 also gets you VERY attached to the animals, so it's also a bit upsetting when the animals die, and the lions roar very loud and violently, so it may frighten children 3 and under. There are also positively violent icons over animals and people's heads, like the red hot scary face for "I'm unhappy!" However, this game also has a lot of positives. It is educational, teaches kids to respect animals, let's you know how some of the world's most beautiful animals are in critical condition, and highlights positive thinking. Overall, Zoo Tycoon 2 is a fun and easy game but you should consider it and have a talk with your kids before you get it.