All member reviews for Zoo Tycoon 2

Kid, 10 years old March 9, 2011

ZT2

This game was quite entertaining for me...was fun to play.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCynderMizuki January 29, 2011

Fun and educational!

I create usermade creations for this game so I literally know this game down to the coding. It's a wonderful and fun way for kids to learn about animals. The whole game is entirely kid friendly and the animals do breed but parents you don't have to worry. The animals fall asleep and when they wake up they have hearts above their heads and you soon get a notice that the animal is pregnant. I would avoid the fansites right now because everything is really dramatic.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHotaru Chan August 10, 2010

Good game, I recommend it

Great game, I've had a few times where I was obsessed with it. My only problem though, is that the animals can attack and kill each other, usually two male carnivores. Nothing is shown though, I'm pretty sure it's just a cloud of dust or something. Another thing: you can very easily kill the people in this game by dropping them into the exibits or releasing the animals (I once let my Tyrannosauras out for a test, and he started attacking and eating the people) so it can get a little scary. If you're serious about the game though, it won't happen much.
Kid, 8 years old December 14, 2010

For An 8 Year Old

i say it should be for my age because theres no blood everything seems quite fine
Teen, 14 years old Written bymarro August 10, 2009

i think it is the best i love it soooooooo much
Kid, 12 years old August 3, 2009

great game

people, including kids, can be dropped in cages of lions, tigers, bears, elephants and rhinos and can be killed, then eaten.
Kid, 11 years old April 11, 2011

No probs

I love this game and especially because animals, I love animals, and even though predators can attack their prey, there's really no blood, just a rib with some meat when it dies.
Kid, 9 years old November 1, 2010

Good game, might be upsetting

The game might scare kids 7 and under by the fights and diseases. Zoo Tycoon 2 also gets you VERY attached to the animals, so it's also a bit upsetting when the animals die, and the lions roar very loud and violently, so it may frighten children 3 and under. There are also positively violent icons over animals and people's heads, like the red hot scary face for "I'm unhappy!" However, this game also has a lot of positives. It is educational, teaches kids to respect animals, let's you know how some of the world's most beautiful animals are in critical condition, and highlights positive thinking. Overall, Zoo Tycoon 2 is a fun and easy game but you should consider it and have a talk with your kids before you get it.
Kid, 11 years old February 26, 2011

The best game!!

This is one of the best games ever in existence. (I have the ultimate collection)
Kid, 12 years old February 12, 2011

Perfect game, no probs

I love this game and once even got up to a four and a half star zoo on challenge mode. If you play this game, you can tell that this is big. Kids can learn how to manage space, money, and customers, and how to keep the animals fed and happy. The Zoopedia can provide extra information on all the animals that are available. The only problem is that if animals are not fed, there is too little space, it is the wrong habitat, etcetera, they will kill their own for food. Also, though animals won't go through the real mating process, they will lie down close too each other and the female will be pregnant immediately. That isn't really a prob, though.
Kid, 7 years old October 23, 2010

I love it.It is definitely O.K. for my kids to play.
Kid, 11 years old April 25, 2009

Teen, 14 years old Written byKaty0 August 24, 2009

Fun

Very fun, great for kids and adults alike. There is a bit of violence-panthers and other big cats sometimes kill each other but it's far from graphic.
Kid, 10 years old September 12, 2010

really fun game nothing bad or nasty in the game
Teen, 13 years old Written byquaggasaurus August 30, 2010

Good for kids of all ages, really

I've played this game since I was little. It involves you managing a zoo. You can build almost anything you want. Building exhibits for the animals usually requires you to meet their needs first. For example, if I was building an exhibit for, say, a lion, I would first need to put down the correct biome and foilage from the area in the world it was from (in this case Africa). I could put down savannah plants from other parts of the world, but guests will judge you based on the educational factor of the exhibits. I would then need to put down food, water, toys, shelter, and a few other things to keep it happy. This game tries to be as realistic as possible without being inappropriate. "Mating" is usually just a male and a female of a species laying down next to each other. And "fighting" is two animals pawing the air, and one animal usually falls to the ground, and magically turns into a carcass. There is no blood or gore whatsoever in this game, so violence is not a issue. This game may be a bit too hard for kids under 5.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMyxboxliveisroc... February 14, 2011

Great game!

Fun game loved it when i was about 8 but i found out that it does have some violence in it if you let your animals out of their fences espiecally bears lions and anything that kills people they will kill your visitors no violent or graphic killing though plus mainly they escape the zoo before they get killed i used to let the animals out alot so they would chase me visitors etc out lol :]
Teen, 14 years old Written byskyheart15 February 11, 2010

Great game with Education Built In

Excellent game, all based on real life. Wouldn't recommend for younger kids- animals can fight and will eat people if you let them. However, it is an excellent game and teaches you about animals and money management.
Teen, 15 years old Written byName Unknown April 9, 2008

Teen, 16 years old Written byKathyhermy123 February 11, 2010

Love this game! Very fun - I've had it for years, and I still enjoy playing it! Small children may be distressed by animals eating each other, and the game can get frustrating, but overall I really enjoy it. One issue - it crashes a good bit. However, the educational value of learning about different animals (especially if you get the - highly recommended by me - extension pack Endangered Species, which allows you to include endangered animals in your zoo, learn about them, and eventually release them/their young to the wild) and the overall fun is worth it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byprincesspeach July 29, 2011

I LOVE it!

The Violent part is the rampage if you have dinosaurs! It's educational because it teaches you facts about animals! Its THE best game! It's not only about taking care of animals, it's about making ur customers happy, u feed the pets,play with them, wash them, buy things for your customers to look at, i can't explain! the only thing i can say is IT ROCKS! You can be nice, or play mean (i choose mean!) Because if customers are annoying you, put them in a pit with an alligater! LOLOLOL! haha, i <3 this!