All member reviews for Zoo Tycoon 2

An outstanding zoo simulation game!

Adult Written byemmasmom513 April 9, 2008

Kid, 11 years old May 28, 2009

As I said before in another review I don't play games much, but Zoo Tycoon 1 impressed me and lead me to this game. To be honest, I liked Zoo Tycoon 1 more. Maybe it is 'cause I like water animals ....but I really didn't want it to cut off the Marine Part. Well over-all I do not think it is that bad, but I still think Zoo Tycoon 1 was better.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjazzyjammrz April 9, 2008

good game

zoo tycoon 2 is a fun family game. It is very educational and good for all ages. it can be either addictive or boring sometimes, but on the whole a good game that's fun to play with friends and family.

Double Cool

I loved it!

Love It!

I got this just a while ago and I love it. My only two problems are that there aren't expansion packs for Mac users and that some of my guests and zookeepers are pretty stupid, but those are just little things. 5+.

This game is cool!

It is very nice, especially with expansions!
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

I love this game!

Zoo Tycoon 2 is a great game! I Have already gotten 2 expansion packs (Endangered Species and Marine Mania), and I am in the process of getting Zoo Tycoon 2: African Adventure! What made me make the decision to get that expansion pack? The answer is MEERKATS! I will name my first three meerkats Flower, Zaphod and Youssarian after the stars of Meerkat Manor! (-:
Kid, 12 years old April 12, 2009

Great game

This is a great game. But, animals can die of sicknesses or being attacked by other animals (although, you don't see the death, but you see the carcase which looks like a rib bone with ground beef on it). If animals break out of their exibits, or you put a person in there, people will run in fear and an animal might knock the person down. Animals get pregnet (nothing is shown, it just tells you the animal is pregnet, then later a baby will just pop up), so if you are telling the kids that they came from the stork, then don't let them play it. All in all, a great game

WOOT

I LOVE THIS GAME!!! (I PLAY IT ALL THE TIME)
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

This game is great!

In Zoo Tycoon 2, you can build a zoo with hundreds of items and dozns of animals. You can even go to zoo guest mode and see your animals up close! Also,you can have infinite money in a freeform game! You will have fun in this game, I assure you!

Nothing wrong expept if you put a lion and a gazelle (for example) in an exhibet the lion can eat the gazelle which is violence
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviefanatic111 April 9, 2008

All my family loves this game

When I turn on zoo tycoon I always have my 8 year old sister breathing down my neck because she always loves to watch me play it. It can be a little complicated at first but once you get the hang of it it is a great game that you will love
Kid, 11 years old February 26, 2012

GREAT GAME!!!

On top of every game I'v played I love this game, I have been playing it since I was eight and it hasn't gotten boring yet. Zoo tycoon 2 is a great and secretly a fun learning game, but don't even bother with the original Zoo Tycoon. I is horrible there is terrible grapics and the animals are way to picking, and the only thing that you learn about the animals are the difficult to read files. Zoo Tycoon 2 also has these file but eaiser to understand, besides if your child can't read yet they learn by observing the animals.They can take great high grahic photos and watch animal babys as they grow up, whall trying to run a succsessful zoo. With all the expantions there is eaisly over 100 animals to choose from. So get this game for your kids and let there imagtion be king.
Teen, 15 years old Written byverityfate December 18, 2011

Anyone can play

This was one of my absolute favourites when I was younger (around the age of 8 to 10). Basically, you are given a starting amount of funds and have to make a world-class zoo out of it. Along the way, kids can learn a TON about animals and their habitats, as well as business and finance. It teaches about the importance of preserving the environment and protecting endangered animals as well. Although violence can occasionally occur between animals, and the animals do mate and have babies,overall, this game is very appropriate. Some younger kids might not understand how to play, but older kids will pick up on it quickly.
Kid, 11 years old April 10, 2009

It's ok.

Sometimes it crashed my computer, but otherwise it's AWESOME!!! (4+)
Teen, 14 years old Written byalienman April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written byravenr August 22, 2014

A great game with expansions filled with blood thirsty dinosaurs and adorable dodo's

This charm right here called Zoo Tycoon 2 is a great experience for us kids As my fellow kids and teens have said already there is no blood unless you install the Blood & Gore pack (which I have:3) the game can get quite brutal for animals attack each other and guests but it's not graphic. And also parents PLEASE do t give this to young kids because they don't know how to take care of animals which means they will abuse the animals. There is a scare though and that's when the Microsoft logo appears (it even makes me jump a little) and the blue fang logo (It always scared me as a kid but I never had nightmares but I'm not your child so <:/ )
Kid, 12 years old January 30, 2014

"Zoo Tycoon Complete Collection" review - it's great

Hi, Epicboy21, yet again. I couldn't find the PC Zoo Tycoon 1 and haven't played the second one, but I'm reviewing the first one. The first game is basically about building a zoo, getting customers and taking care of animals. When you take care of the animals, you get tour guides and have to be careful for financial reasons. You can also get zookeepers that will feed animals and clean up their poop (you can assign them to a particular place) and you also pay cleaners. With MARINE MANIA included, you also can pay a man that feeds the aquatic animals and with DINOSAUR DIGS you can also have a palaeontologist dinosaur take-care guy, with a helicopter. You can name things, like animals, and yes, it accepts profanities. However, you can't hear staff saying the name. As far as I know, nothing gets in the way about online stuff. If you don't take care of animals and let them create havoc, it gets nasty however. That's why the "VIOLENCE" descriptor is there. For example, animals that aren't fed or not taken care of can pass away, and if you allow it, animals eat other animals (all you see is a cloud and then the victim disappears; it's all natural behaviour anyway, and it isn't rewarded); when it comes to human-related violence, animals can attack humans, and humans can die by drowning. However, some can swim and to make them drown you do special stuff. However, NONE of the violence is part of the game. Except it notifies you if animals pass away. And if it says a notice, your animals' or keepers' name will appear. As in "---------- looks overjoyed." "Help! Get me out of here!" most of the time. So the game has it's violent moments, but most of it is if animals aren't taken care of properly. (Heck, even a dinosaur can throw a boy up and eat him in one gulp.) Also, the game's a little difficult to take care of the finance and animals, so that at least provides SOME education. If someone's named a profanity, it'll appear in some notices. As in if you call someone the F-word, it'll accept it. All in all, it's a good game. Thank you for reading.
Kid, 10 years old December 17, 2013

OMGGGGG

OMG this game is awesomeness in discuise (I know I spelled that wrong)