All member reviews for Zoo Tycoon 2

An outstanding zoo simulation game!

Kid, 7 years old October 23, 2010

I love it.It is definitely O.K. for my kids to play.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHotaru Chan August 10, 2010

Good game, I recommend it

Great game, I've had a few times where I was obsessed with it. My only problem though, is that the animals can attack and kill each other, usually two male carnivores. Nothing is shown though, I'm pretty sure it's just a cloud of dust or something. Another thing: you can very easily kill the people in this game by dropping them into the exibits or releasing the animals (I once let my Tyrannosauras out for a test, and he started attacking and eating the people) so it can get a little scary. If you're serious about the game though, it won't happen much.
Teen, 16 years old Written byKathyhermy123 February 11, 2010

Love this game! Very fun - I've had it for years, and I still enjoy playing it! Small children may be distressed by animals eating each other, and the game can get frustrating, but overall I really enjoy it. One issue - it crashes a good bit. However, the educational value of learning about different animals (especially if you get the - highly recommended by me - extension pack Endangered Species, which allows you to include endangered animals in your zoo, learn about them, and eventually release them/their young to the wild) and the overall fun is worth it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byskyheart15 February 11, 2010

Great game with Education Built In

Excellent game, all based on real life. Wouldn't recommend for younger kids- animals can fight and will eat people if you let them. However, it is an excellent game and teaches you about animals and money management.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymarro August 10, 2009

i think it is the best i love it soooooooo much
Kid, 12 years old August 3, 2009

great game

people, including kids, can be dropped in cages of lions, tigers, bears, elephants and rhinos and can be killed, then eaten.
Kid, 11 years old May 28, 2009

As I said before in another review I don't play games much, but Zoo Tycoon 1 impressed me and lead me to this game. To be honest, I liked Zoo Tycoon 1 more. Maybe it is 'cause I like water animals ....but I really didn't want it to cut off the Marine Part. Well over-all I do not think it is that bad, but I still think Zoo Tycoon 1 was better.
Kid, 12 years old April 12, 2009

Great game

This is a great game. But, animals can die of sicknesses or being attacked by other animals (although, you don't see the death, but you see the carcase which looks like a rib bone with ground beef on it). If animals break out of their exibits, or you put a person in there, people will run in fear and an animal might knock the person down. Animals get pregnet (nothing is shown, it just tells you the animal is pregnet, then later a baby will just pop up), so if you are telling the kids that they came from the stork, then don't let them play it. All in all, a great game
Kid, 11 years old April 10, 2009

It's ok.

Sometimes it crashed my computer, but otherwise it's AWESOME!!! (4+)

Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

This game is great!

In Zoo Tycoon 2, you can build a zoo with hundreds of items and dozns of animals. You can even go to zoo guest mode and see your animals up close! Also,you can have infinite money in a freeform game! You will have fun in this game, I assure you!

Nothing wrong expept if you put a lion and a gazelle (for example) in an exhibet the lion can eat the gazelle which is violence
Teen, 15 years old Written byName Unknown April 9, 2008

Adult Written byemmasmom513 April 9, 2008

Double Cool

I loved it!
Teen, 14 years old Written byalienman April 9, 2008

Love It!

I got this just a while ago and I love it. My only two problems are that there aren't expansion packs for Mac users and that some of my guests and zookeepers are pretty stupid, but those are just little things. 5+.

WOOT

I LOVE THIS GAME!!! (I PLAY IT ALL THE TIME)

This game is cool!

It is very nice, especially with expansions!