Your privacy is important to us. When you sign up as an advocate:
- Common Sense Kids Action will send you periodic email alerts on legislative activity that affects your community.
By providing us with your email address and clicking the submit button (above), you acknowledge and agree to the above.
Search by Age and Topic
Follow Common Sense
Tools for Parents, Opportunities for Kids
When Common Sense Kids Action launched in April 2015, our goal was to make kids America's top priority. In less than a year, nearly 10,000 parents, educators, and activists have joined our efforts to work with policymakers to pass bold legislation.
We achieved many successes in our four key issue areas in 2015: Investing in High Quality Early Childhood for All, 21st Century Schools, Positive Media and Technology, and Guaranteeing All Children An Opportunity To Succeed in School and Life. Here is a sample of our victories:
- With our leadership, states adopted student-data policies that now protect 7.2 million students.
- We helped secure more than $1 billion in California's budget for schools and professional development.
- We led policy efforts to connect rural schools and low-income homes to broadband.
- We helped establish a California Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), saved the EITC in Michigan, and protected the EITC nationally, keeping more kids out of poverty.
- We became key partners in campaigns to expand high-quality pre-K in Massachusetts and Florida.
This year, Common Sense Kids Action will continue to fight for these priorities on behalf of families everywhere -- in our home state of California, our nation's capital, and states across the country where we franchise winning ideas and legislative efforts that help all kids thrive.
Together, we can make our kids America's top priority. Sign up today to find out how you can help Common Sense Kids Action advocate for kids everywhere.