- Alcohol, Drugs, and Smoking
- Back to School
- Cellphone Parenting
- Character Strengths and Life Skills
- Cyberbullying, Haters, and Trolls
- Early Childhood
- Facebook, Instagram, and Social
- Learning with Technology
- Marketing to Kids
- Mental Health
- News and Media Literacy
- Privacy and Internet Safety
- Screen Time
- Sex, Gender, and Body Image
- Special Needs and Learning Difficulties
- Technology Addiction
- Violence in Media
Can tech be helpful for ELL and ESL learners?
Apps, websites, games, and even TV can help kids learn vocabulary, idioms, phrases, and pronunciation. Tech can help by prompting kids, providing audio feedback, and letting kids work at a self-directed pace without putting them on the spot. A combination of language instruction, storytelling, phonics programs, and sentence/phrase builders can increase comfort and fluency.
Apps designed for ELL and ESL learners focus on translation and vocabulary.
By telling stories, kids make use of their existing knowledge to build vocabulary and comprehension.
Phonemic awareness helps kids identify sounds and learn correct pronunciation.
- abc PocketPhonics: letter sounds & writing + first words
- Simplex Spelling Phonics 1 -- English
- Simplex Spelling HD - Dolch Sight Words With Reverse Phonics
These programs help kids with proper sentence structure and phrasing.