All member reviews for 10 Things I Hate About You

Engaging but edgy update of Taming of the Shrew.

Kid, 12 years old January 2, 2012

Some Iffy Stuff But Over All Great Movie!

This is probably my favorite movie EVER! It made me laugh out loud and it had a sweet ending that will please everyone. As for sexual stuff, a jerky guy is using Bianca for sex, but she doesn't know it yet. The same jerky guy had a bad sexual experience with Kat when they where in 9th grade. Kat flashes a teacher to get Patrick out of detention, but nothing is shone. Lots of making out and kissing. As for drinking, there is lots of it at a typical high school party, in which one character dances on top of a table and then throws up. Again I loved this movie, and man I miss Heath Ledger! R.I.P Heath :(
Teen, 15 years old Written byTotally500 November 27, 2011

10 things i love this movie

This movie was such a good movie with agreat cast that can say anthing they hate
Teen, 13 years old Written byCherryLollyPop April 26, 2011

Good For Ages 13 And Up.

Kid, 12 years old February 16, 2011

Great movie, my 7 year old sister loves it.

An AWESOME movie. On of my personal favorites, this movie has some language, but nothing too bad. The characters are funny and nice, but can be a little bit inappropriate. The soundtrack is also brilliant.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byphillyfemme444 February 3, 2011

Highschoolers have seen it already, but shoo the middle school out of the room!

Because I love Taming of the Shrew, I like this movie for myself. I also know that the high school behavior depicted in this movie is typical of most high school behavior, so I would not have a problem with my 15 and 17 year old watching it to get the story of Shrew before tackling the Shakespeare version. However, my 12 year old is not allowed to watch this because it models behavior that approves of drinking, poor attitudes toward parents, sexual overtones that are inappropriate for young and middle teesn, and nudity. I do like that somecharacters do show virtue and adherence to a standard.
Teen, 13 years old Written byyouloveanax3 January 27, 2011

ok

i think this movie is ok. it really funny movie but not for 13 and under
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written byCommon critic January 21, 2011

Love it

My two kids love this show!
Kid, 12 years old January 13, 2011

Looks stupid.
Parent Written byStepMomSterToo January 11, 2011

This movie is okay for older teens. I think once you bridge the sex talk, and if you are on the same wavelength about drinking and drug use, there's nothing wrong with this movie. It's harmless. There is recreational drinking and sex references. Talk to your kids. Know what they're thinking.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRodeo-Girl January 8, 2011

Okay, but easy to forget after a while.

Okay movie, but there is a lot of sexual material in it. Some usage of drugs. I give it a C+ letter ranking.
Parent of a 13 year old Written bylinalool123 January 7, 2011

fdgsdfg

i love it
Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byCaoimheMorana September 9, 2010

14 and up

I have been watching this movie for years and it is just your stereotypical teen movie with a Shakespearean twist. It's funny and shows that all you need to be is yourself.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviegeek97 April 10, 2010

great for teens not so much for pre-teens

this moovie is an alaround good movie for teens might be a little inapropreate for pre teens tho
Teen, 14 years old Written bywhyhellomister144 February 23, 2010

THE teen movie of the '90s

I love this movie, mainly because it had my two favorite actors in it - Heath Ledger (we'll miss you, Heath!) and Joseph Gordon-Levitt - before they became famous. Not very deep or complex - don't worry, you won't be required to think - and somewhat predictable....but it's a nice, pleasant, funny, fluffy teen comedy. Nothing graphic, nothing horrific....go see it :)
Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe February 9, 2010

Perfect for teens!

I watched this movie and I loved it! I thought Kat was a smart, strong-willed, good role model. Her only drawback is how confrontational she can be. Also she lifts her shirt and shows off her chest to a teach to get a classmate out of detention, so beware, although no nudity is seen. Bianca, Kat's younger sister isn't a bad character, she just wants so much to be one of the shallow, vapid 'popular' girls, that she can sometimes come off as weak. There's some bad language but most children these days hear worse just walking through the halls of school. The drinking in the movie and the making fun of the less popular students are the major drawbacks, but even these things can't subtract from this great movie!
Adult Written byMBC January 24, 2010

Don't let your KIDS watch it!

I cannot believe that this movie has a rating for kids of 13 years old, and that there are even parents that think its a great movie for their 13 year olds! Come on! It's an awful movie for kids under 15, at least. What's up with people thinking 13 year olds are teenagers and so we can put them in the same bag as 15 year olds and 18 year olds and expose them to the same things? That's crazy!
Teen, 14 years old Written byLdude407 January 20, 2010

Awesome movie

Great movie. Although there is some sexual innuendos and talk of sex. Also some language, teen drinking and smoking. But nothing too bad. Its really funny, but might be awkward to watch as a family.
Adult Written bymoviemadness December 29, 2009

A Fun "Let's Waste Time" Movie

A so-so teen comedy. Nothing too bad for the high school set, and charming enough for a rainy day girls' night. The plot is predictable, and there are a few iffy moments, including a table dance, a fight, and a very nasty "player" boy. Altogether okay for 13+
Kid, 12 years old October 10, 2009

10 things is great show for 12+

Good show to show how 2 sisters can be different. One very smart and popular and one that is tomboy thats ok
Teen, 15 years old Written byawesomish_rider July 23, 2009

Depends on the age...

I've seen this movie a couple times actually, but my opinion hasn't changed. The actors/actresses are pretty good and well known but the content is suitable for teens and up. There are sex references and alcohol use. It's just that kind of thing that make it inappropriate for little kids.