Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for 101 Dalmatians II: Patch's London Adventure

The further adventures of a huge batch of puppies.

Adult Written byHolly R. August 4, 2019

Another bad direct to DVD Disney sequel...

This movie has ok animation that was done in Japan using Toon Boom Harmony software and has an interesting enough plot at first glance except that it is done in the most horrible way possible. The movie could have been so much better but there's really problematic issues with the entire time of the film. At times it seems like it wants to be a more serious film exploring the concept of not feeling like an important member of the family and Patch looking to Thunder Bolt as a father figure. But then it gets more silly in some parts like it's trying to be a little bitty kids film, while also having some really creepy and disturbing parts mixed into what could have been a nice film for children. It's like it's trying to be for all age groups whilst alienating all of the age groups that it is trying to appeal to. On top of all that is the fact that Cruella De'ville now wants to turn the puppies into artwork instead of a fur coat which sounds silly until you start to realise that if that was done in real life it would involve using puppy parts like blood as the paint which is not a happy thought at all. And then Cruella busts the two crooks out of prison in one scene that involves cross dressing and flirting with a dog food truck driver and playing "icecream truck music" to lure the puppies into being captured (stranger danger anyone?) The film is just a mess of side plots and unnecessary name calling and extra villains. Spoiler alert: a corgi dog voiced by the same guy as Olaf from Frozen is an extra villain trying to take Thunder Bolts job by lying. Also Thunder Bolt isn't a good role model or friend because he was mean to the aforementioned corgi saying things like that the female dogs didn't want the side kick. There's so much name calling and belittling of other characters. The only likable character in the whole movie is Patch, but he's still just your standard good guy with a sort of Home Alone 2 gimmick thrown in for good measure. I could go on and on about how much is wrong with the movie. The only funny parts are the things you don't really want kids to laugh at (like the house keeper lady telling the bad guys that they better let the puppies go before she knocks the stupid out of them or the cross dressing scene). There's also a slight animation error where Patch is animated without his "patch" around his eye.

Parent of a 11 year old Written byBinge W. July 29, 2018

SQL does not have anything iffy obviously, better than I thought it would be.

When I watch this with my friend it was a tiny bit better than I thought it would be there is really no violence to worry about at all except dogs in peril but that’s all my rating is G.

Parent of a 17 and 17 year old Written bypoppinsfan August 14, 2015

Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe May 26, 2010
I've only seen bits and pieces of this second Dalmatian adventure, but it seems cute and I would gladly sit down to view the whole thing! It may bore younger children, and it's kind of sad how long it takes the family to realize poor Patch is missing. Hopefully those who have seen the whole thing can appreciate the movie :)
Adult Written byrockmonster January 23, 2010

really didn't like it

well... it's a good movie, good role models, good lessons for kids, but not very entertaining and quite boring. i just didn't like it... but some kids will.

Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008

Not bad for a sequel!

You could do much worse with a sequel- like Little Mermaid 2! Ugh!