All member reviews for 101 Dalmatians

Lovable cartoon classic with cute dogs and a mean villain.

Adult Written bySonia Montejano April 9, 2008

woof!

some of the scenes with Cruella might be a little frightening to younger kids..
Adult Written byGhcool April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008
A classic, and a must-see for all families.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrobinrunner April 25, 2011

Sure to make every dogs tail wag.

One of the ultimate disney classics featuring adorable puppies, vile and twisted villains, and millions of spots. The movie is based on perservering through the hardest of times, even when there's a mad woman chasing you for your fur. I would say this film is for all ages, but Cruella De ville is pretty scary at times and some scenes may be too intense for smaller kids. There's also mild but iffy sights when you see Rodger smoking his pipe or Cruella smoking a ciggerate.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymannymateo10isback December 26, 2010

best movie for your family!

i watch this anytime, cause it shows plenty of positive messages, and in one scene, the two thiefs stole 15 puppies, and cruella de ville smokes a long cigarette, and some alcohol drinking, the language they say is "stupid", "idiot", "imbesciles", "hell" and "shut up", but the puppies in this fabolous movie are adorable, and the movie is exciting, funny and fun for the whole family!
Parent of a 1 and 4 year old Written bymagnolia72 June 3, 2009

"you idiot"

my 4 year old started calling everyone "you idiot" after watching this
Parent of a 4 year old Written byehernandezmn October 13, 2009

Comedy, action and suspense for the little ones.

Classic movie. There is a fair bit of smoking, and might be a bit scary for sensitive ones. The use of the word 'idiot' might put some off.
Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe May 26, 2010

A Dog-gone good time!

Adorable! I have loved this movie for as long as I can remember and still view it occasionally! I think it's a classic that will always stand the test of time :) For the youngest of children I could see how Cruella De Ville might scare them with her wicked ways so depending on the maturity of your child, you may want to withhold this movie until they are ready. But to me the positive influences of Pongo and Purdy are so endearing, that they would save not only their children but so many more. This movie should be viewed by everyone!
Teen, 13 years old Written byEller5 September 12, 2015

Great family movie!

This is a great movie for young audiences. As a little kid, this was my favourite movie of all time. Pongo and Perdita are great role models as they will stop at nothing to find their puppies. There are some excellent messages about loving your family. Some parts may be scary for some children (the puppies almost falling out of a truck, Horace and Jasper looking for the puppies, ect.). Roger does smoke a pipe constantly and Cruella her long cigarette, bus this should be ok as long as you explain to kids that smoking is not healthy. This is a great movie with even some funny parts and I highly recommend it to anyone 4+!
Parent of a 17 and 17 year old Written bypoppinsfan August 14, 2015
Educator and Parent Written byJenniferP 6 May 19, 2015

Best film ever

I'm 6 and I love the movie! It's absolutely the best film ever. Cruelly De Vill is a not too scary villain unlike the other Disney movies.
Parent of a 4 year old Written bymelmai March 4, 2015
Kid, 12 years old April 21, 2013

Quality entertainment movie!!

This is an adorable family fun entertainment cartoon movie, although the violence is kinda mildly disturbing for youngest of viewers, but still is an age-appropriate kid-and-adult movie.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 September 20, 2012

101 dalmations

Families can talk about the responsibilities of raising a pet. Do kids think they would be able to maintain enthusiasm for their pet? Would they be responsible for feeding, brushing, playing, and walking it? What kind of commitment is it to raise a pet, particularly a dog? What makes Cruella scary? Can you think of any other villians as scary as her? What similarities do all villains share?
Parent Written byMommyMovieReviews May 1, 2012

Yes 101 times over!

This is one of the most charming Disney movies ever made! How wonderful is it that Perdita and Pongo would go SO far and do SO much to save not only their pups but a whole lot more! Cruella might scare really young children, and lets face it, she's pretty scary! But overall kids of all ages can enjoy this movie!
Kid, 12 years old June 10, 2011

Amazing!!!!!

I think this movie is amazing!!!!! It was my fav film for 10 years!!!! Heart goes to 101 Dalmatians!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old August 23, 2010

Bit scary but great!

Great disney classic that all our family watches, it is a bit scary when cruella devil wants to turn the puppies fur into coats but other than that a lovely family movie!
Kid, 10 years old July 24, 2010

sweet

very cute my bros are watching it over and over agian this very moment cruella devil is really funny
Kid, 12 years old June 14, 2010
Teen, 13 years old Written byBestPicture1996 August 23, 2009

Animated!

Nothing objectionale about this kiddie comedy that revolutionilzed popularity in dalmations. Love Cruella the most.