All member reviews for 13 Going on 30

Touching and hilarious Jennifer Garner romcom.

Kid, 11 years old August 8, 2011

GREAT!!!!!

Oh how much I love this movie! All though there is some talk between teenagers about going to second base, one mild sexual scene were a man gets undressed in front of his girlfriend (he only gets to his underwear), and Jenna gets a little tipsy at a party, it has terrific messages! PERFECT slumber party movie!!!
Kid, 11 years old December 29, 2009

do not show to kids who are sensitive to innapropriate things

I thought that this movie was very enjoyable ,but had parts that would be disturbing to children 12 and under. Examples: a young girl says that her brother can get her and her 13 year old friends beer, Jenna's boyfriend says that they can play "games" but he endds up dancing around in his whitey tidys, and garner kisses two men who are married (well, one has a fiance). i find this movie to be Quite disturbing to children 12 and younger.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymovielover17 July 12, 2010

Amazing movie!!!

I love this movie I saw it like 10 times and I love to watch it every time I feel like it. I think if you want to watch it just enjoy it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byVoldemortkillsS... August 10, 2010

Cute characters and plot. It's a little inappropriate because of some of the sexual references but it's a really good movie
Parent of a 2, 4, 6, and 9 year old Written bymkenna6 January 2, 2009

This movie is sooo funney but not for children under10

this movie is great for kids 10 and older! Their is a part that refers to sex about playing games and the friend says he wants to paly some games so please becarfull about that remember that (GOD) is listning!
Written byAnonymous August 3, 2011

its ok

its an ok movie. when shes older she askes a young girl about underwear. her friend backstabs her and her true love is gone SPOILER____________________________________________but at the end of the movie they get togeather
Parent of a 7, 10, and 12 year old Written byMariannaMom April 30, 2012

Loved It!!

I loved 13 Going on 30!!! I thought it was clever and funny. I definitely think that this movie is a must-see for 12 year old girls!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byhellokittycaroline March 29, 2012

Really Funny

Love this movie. Jennifer garner was great in this movie. She was the best actress in the movie, and the best actress to play the role of Jenna Rink. Very funny mivie. Good job Jennifer Garner!
Adult Written byBeckstar October 29, 2011

Lovely film, but not for anyone under 13 I think

not for kids. Some sex themes. Just because it mentions '13' going on 30. I would not let a 13 year old watch it. I saw the trailer for it when I was 13 and it shocked me. I only saw it when I was about 15. It's a touching tale, but unrealistic and I don't think it has a good moral as she is able to change her life back to before she made the wish. Instead of facing what she had done wrong.
Kid, 11 years old February 12, 2011

Very good movie!

This movie is great! There's a lot of product placement, though. It's okay for ages 8+ (I first watched this when I was 8, and really enjoyed it. . . but I've know a lot for my age having 2 older siblings) Other than the things most people already pointed out, it's a REALLY great movie!! :)
Teen, 14 years old Written byadoely July 9, 2010

A nice movie

This is a cute movie. I saw it the first time at my 13th birthday party; turned out to be a pleasant surprise! It has sexual references but some of them kind of fly by. All in all, not a fabulous movie, but rather a cutesie chick flick:)
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Fun and original

Adult Written byhaileyclayton October 21, 2014

Kid, 12 years old November 23, 2013

Girls Only Movie

This is a great movie over all, but there are a few parts that could have been taken out. There is not to much swearing, but the swearing there is is noticeable. There are a few inappropriate parts with her boyfriend and a few girly things. In one part the main character drinks to much and becomes a little wild, but nothing to bad. It is a good mom and daughter movie.
Kid, 11 years old November 8, 2009

Off 9- Iffy 10-12 On 13+

I just saw it at a 13th Birthday sleepover! It was sort of funny, but slightly inappropriate.
Adult Written byshannonbrown June 25, 2009

This Movie Should Not Be PG-13!

I love this movie... its should not be PG-13... i
Teen, 17 years old Written byTrinity3 March 22, 2009

Very cute!

A veryy cute movie!! definetly a chick flick but i think some guys would enjoy it too. the man dancing in his underwear may freak some children out though... haha (it freaked me out when i was 13!)
Adult Written bymaryann April 9, 2008