All member reviews for 13 Going on 30

Touching and hilarious Jennifer Garner romcom.

Adult Written bymaryann April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written bydklink April 9, 2008

still laughing

what can i say. this movie is really funny. when a 13 year old turns 30 from a birthday wish, she's hoping for a better life then when she was 13. it is a great film for kids who want to be older to know that its just as hard to be an adult.
Adult Written byquest13 April 9, 2008

A fun Flick

My family ust edecided n matter what you've seen you have to be 13 to se it. It should be fin for 13 years old and up.

LOL + LOL = really great movie

i think it was fun and i loved the part when she shocked him in the chest ALRIGHT
Educator and Parent of a 3 and 7 year old Written byJJ Math August 4, 2016

Is it appropriate?

This is a wonderful film that tells young girls not to change who they are, but it contains some sexual content such as a man in only his underwear. This film also portrays the message of appreciating being young. I would recommend this film for girls about 13 and up for the main character is a 13-year-old . This is not a family film, bus would probably suit if you need girl sleepove this is not a family film, bus would probably suit if you beed a good movie for a teenage girls slumber party.
Kid, 12 years old August 4, 2016

I love this movie

I saw it on common sense media and really wanted to watch it, and just my luck it was on netflix. I love this movie it is funny good story line, with a cute romance.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygymnast5 April 10, 2016

Eh

This movie did not have many inappropriate things in it although it did have some swearing. I didn't think that the story line was that great although it does help kids understand that they should live in the moment and not wish for the future.
Parent Written bymattbruns3 October 22, 2015

It's a great movie but recomended for 13+

For viewers under 13 it should be watched with an adult. It has some content that's a little bit adult.
Parent Written byluizcarvalho1@g... June 21, 2015

Fun with good message

Our eleven year old girl really enjoyed. The movie is funny and offers positive messages to kids. Particularly, the main character reflects about her life and values at 30 and then decides to correct past mistakes and find a new path in life.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycameroni5150 June 10, 2015

Great message but innapropriate

It has a good message of popularity and bullying. I just didn't like the part where the girl showered with the guy and the guy walked out of the shower.
Teen, 17 years old Written byVic09pet May 31, 2015

Pause and think about it

It's a good movie but watch it with an adult
Parent of a 4, 10, 12, and 15 year old Written byIDontLikeAnything March 25, 2015

my 10 year old daughter wants to watch.

Turn this off. Our children don't need to hear about penises.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRavenmystique February 15, 2015

Akward but silly sweet movie can make anyone squeamish.

It took a lot of effort to be able to sit through this with out screaming at Jennifer Garner, or hiding my head in a pillow. Big meets devil wears prada in this not so coming of age movie about wanting to grow up, though characters obviously do not, acting in immature ways. The main character seems to have the maturity and reasoning of 9 year old not a thirteen year old. Despite this, 13 going on 30 holds it's owns. This 1980's style romcom is blast of nostalgia. Jennifer Garner is sweet if confused, and her character must find her way in the real world. This movie can be perceived in different ways at different ages. Kids will go away knowing life in the real world is very different, and can be much harder. 13 going on 30 shows that geting everything want can be a big handful, and sometimes we don't see what we NEED is right infront of us. The main character does get drunk several times, due to the fact she does not understand the dangers of alcohol. With an amazing all star cast, if you can handle akward moments, some language, and a couple mentions of sex (often misunderstood by Garner,) and some social drinking 13 going on 30 is a good choice for you. You may want to talk with your child about the choices the main character makes, and her maturity handling life at 30.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEvelyn's Reviews January 27, 2015

I didn't like it...

I think it was pushing the limit for comedy, I didn't laugh maybe one: "Ha" but other than that I hated it... I guess it was kinda cute, but it's not the best...
Kid, 12 years old September 5, 2014

Iffy for 12 and under

So this is a great movie but I didn't see the whole thing I was at a friends house for a sleepover watching it but first we watched mean girls (WHich is VERY iffy) that's off topic anyway. So I only saw part of it coz I feel asleep. But it's sexual. a guy (her husband but dosent know it)comes out of the shower but is only show from the waist up cuz it's blocked with an umbrella. And she screams and says WHAT ARE U DOING??? And he says I'm taking a shower do you wanna join? Or something like that. Also they say second base there is some bra stuffing that will slip over you're head.There is beer and wine and stuff referring to drunkness. Then there is language (hell,bitch,f***) those are what they mostly say. Anyway it's still a great movie!
Kid, 12 years old July 31, 2013

Great Movie With Positive Message and Superb Plot!

The plot to "13 Going on 30" was well thought out and put together, plus the actors captured the essence of every little detail to produce a great movie for tweens and teens 10 & up!
Kid, 10 years old May 10, 2013

Fun chick flick for tweens

This is an amazing movie. Very funny, and an ultimate chick-flick sleepover movie. Plenty of laughs, and a bit of innuendo- nothing a eleven or twelve year old can't handle. I saw this when i was eight (my mom allows me to watch mature movies) and I loved it. I like the message, but Jenna is not so good role model before she woke up in her 30 year old bod- supposedly sleeping with a married man, be mean to others, and overall being selfish, flirtatious but sort of rude. But thankfully she turns sweet. Overall fun movie.
Kid, 11 years old April 20, 2013

GOOD

This is an awesome movie. I am an 11 year old girl and when i have sleepovers, me and my friends argue about what to watch. one time we settled on this movie, and we all loved it, even my 9 yo sister. i recommend this movie to any mature girl over 10 years old.
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy November 23, 2012

Wow.

Great movie.Not only is it hilarious,but it is also so saturated with action and romance.I recommend this movie.