All member reviews for 16 Wishes

Teen's errant birthday dreams hold good messages for tweens.

Teen, 14 years old Written byjustindrewbieber1 February 27, 2011

anyone/family

i loved watching it but then again that's just me
Adult Written byFadmoo December 20, 2010

Very nice and easy. good movie to review

It's nice and not too harsh. I actually didn't hear about it at all, but then read this review on Shvoong.com. try it, and try shvoong.com, they got EVERYTHING and if you write you earn money
Parent of a 3 year old Written byxxmorganxx July 1, 2010

eh...

My 3 year old daughter loves all those disney shows. Hannah montana, suit life on deck, ect. So she really wanted to see this movie. Me and my boyfriend sat down to watch it with her and we were a little iffy on it. We enjoyed the actual movie but some of the things we tought her never to say "Shut-up" and "I hate you!" were used alot during this movie. I do believe that the whole message about be careful what you wish for and the things the grown ups do is a great message. My daughter LOVED this movie. All together i would buy it for her and watch it again.
Parent of a 8 year old Written bycrazysun71 July 26, 2010
Teen, 15 years old Written byMovieMagic22 April 12, 2011

Good for the whole family!

I love this movie! It is not bad for children at all. There is a kiss at the end, and she is in a short dress when trying on dresses, but what is so bad about a peck on the lips and a dress? Oh, and in the beginning there is a pop star abby loves, but other than that. I think it has a positive message saying be careful what you wish for, and appreciate what you have! I definitely recommend it for kids 7+
Kid, 10 years old January 15, 2012

Terrible this is all Disney ever plays on Disney Channel
Teen, 13 years old Written byAmericangirlforever August 23, 2010

Good Life Lesson!

Like the title says it has a great Life lesson to teach. I Recommend it to you! The characters Rock! and it has a interesting plot to.
Kid, 8 years old July 27, 2010

Good for Most Veiwers

After Abby Gets Her Candles for her 16 wishes that she made when she was about 8. She starts to blow most of them out. They did mostly good for her.But soon Abby gets to one that she never wanted. And It Obvilously didn't do good for her. Now she has to redo all of her wishes by midnight.then she realizes that her 16th wish is just a picture holding on by gum.She realizes that she can take the picture off and put on the very first picture at the beginning of the day But it is a minute to midnight so she blows out the last candle and it starts the hole day over. Good movie with positive messages that means popularity isn't everything. good movie for most veiwers.
Kid, 12 years old June 26, 2010

Excellent Disney Channel Movie

Even though I am a 12 year old boy don't judge me because I like 16 Wishes. It's a great movie and if you think it's too sexy, there's not a lot of sexy stuff except the kisses at the beginning and end of the movie. There are good and bad messages and role models. But just watch the movie (when it comes out on DVD) to see what I mean.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPoppy.bath March 27, 2016

not the best

saw this when I was snowed in at a hotel... not very good but alright for a laugh kids talk meanly to their parents
Teen, 13 years old Written bykaratethuyduong January 21, 2016
Teen, 13 years old Written bykad1121 January 17, 2016

Ew

Ew! I HATE DISNEY CHANNEL
Teen, 17 years old Written bydelaneybee July 6, 2015

perfect for kids

I don't know why people re saying it has violence and sex.IT DOESNT. But I think your child should be able to learn that because someone has what you don't have doesn't mean you have to be mean to them intentionally also don't let your child carry around matches after this movie.my 3 year old sister did because she thought it was okay and you can make wishes
Adult Written bygoodgirl June 25, 2015

Cute movie

It's movies like this and Star Struck that I quite enjoy. a lesson to learn . be carful what you wish for. not a bad movie, no bad words or sex scenes . its a cute little movie that I enjoy.
Kid, 9 years old January 4, 2014

Don't let your kids watch this if you want them to respect you.

this movie I gave a chance and it did not work. The character Abby shows all the good things about wishing your life away, teaching kids to talk back and act like a spoiled adult!
Kid, 9 years old September 7, 2013

Nice. But immature.
Kid, 12 years old January 18, 2013

16 Wishes

Best movie from Disney. I've outgrown Disney, but I still watch this movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written bylovzhisdad November 5, 2012

doesn't air enough

Sure, there's some raw (mean, but not necessarily profane) language, but it's all outweighed by a longshot by the messages about where selfishness can get you, the characters learning to appreciate what they already have, even though it isn't something like "cute" clothes or popularity, and the theme of communication. the main character almost gets stuck a 22-year-old and stuck with a life that's nothing close to what she wanted when she's supposed to turn 17, then 18, then 19, then 20, then, 21 first. the movie makes it clear that the main character doesn't want that to happen, and then she barely gets out of it, offering kids a slightly exaggerated glimpse of a person's life after they spend it on themselves
Teen, 13 years old Written byLautnerFan October 7, 2012

Cute

This movie is cute to watch if you don't have anything to do ;)
Kid, 11 years old June 29, 2012

hi

It contains a bullying theme and does contain some swearing (i.e. Stupid, Dumbie, Shut Up!) But, it has a positive message (but not very good role models!!)