Massive global destruction -- not for worriers.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBlueBalloon November 11, 2009
I'll just say, even though we all know that the mayan prophecy is just a bundle of crap, this does look like an incredibly intense and epic movie. :)
Teen, 14 years old Written bySilbixia November 15, 2009

Great movie, but not for younger kids

I personally love disaster movies like this one, as long as they're well made; and believe me, this one is very well made. This movie is similar to The Day After Tomorrow, but on a much more massive scale (if you can imagine that). This could easily scare younger kids, so don't let your 7-year old watch it, but it's great for fans of events of epic proportions. LA is torn apart and basically turned upside-down, China and India are flooded by giant tsunamis (as well as DC in a scene involving the USS John Kennedy), and Yellowstone erupts (epically). Finally the movie is wrapped up with slight Christian overtones and everyone lives happily ever after. That is, the less than one billion people still alive. And this guys leg get torn off. Oh no. Besides the mass death and violence, there are strong family messages and good role models. So yeah.
Kid, 10 years old February 19, 2014

The movie is really good, there is not really any blood and gore.

The language is not very bad, and the sexual content is only when a man is telling his girlfriend/wife that she should get breast implants, that can probably go into a category between sex and profanity. The violence is not shooting gun and stabbing people, it's the crashes and explosions that makes this a slightly violent movie. The worst part I'd say isn't even that bad. It's probably when a guy's leg is torn off in a gear (very little gore). So if your kids are science-fiction fans, you should definitely let them see it if they want to.
Adult Written byBengalTigger December 19, 2009

a bit over the top (unrealistic) in many places but great thriller

Adult Written by2Simple October 30, 2010
Adult Written byMovie Man November 13, 2009
I loved this movie far more than I thought I would. I was expecting a dumb disaster flick; but what I got was the best disaster film since Armageddon. It was funny, deep, scary, and had absolutely top-notch special effects and disaster sequences! I loved it, and it certainly made up for 10,000 B.C. (the same director). PARENTS: This is an unbelievably, EXTREMELY intense film with multiple sad main character deaths and countless deaths of billions of anonymous citizens. Thanks for reading - Movie Man
Parent of a 4, 7, and 9 year old Written byConservmom November 14, 2009

AntiGod and Satanic Overtones Makes Film a Flop

The movie 2012 had at least 4 stanic overtones. Before going into those three things, I would like to comment on one of the trailers they showed before movie started. I can't remember the name of that movie trailer, but it was about insane people on an island that were ghosts or demons or something. I definitely could have lived without that 3 minute torture trying to scare me to death! It was horrific! On to the satanic overtones in the movie 2012. Danny Glover, President of America, while sitting at his desk in the oval office gave a sign with his right hand that is also known in the satanic movement as the symbol for the number 666. He did this for the number zero. It is when thumb and first finger is touching and three fingers are held in the air. Also, known as an "ok" symbol. By itself I wouldn't have thought much, but there is more. When Mr. President is saying his last Presidential address to country, he concludes in a prayer. He starts to recite Psalms 23, but power goes out after two lines. The lines are, "The Lord is my sheperd, I shall not want". Kind of like saying I don't want the Lord. Last satanic symbolism I found was when Woody Harrelson, crazy radio man, said that the end of the world would hit on December 21st...winter solstice. December 21st is the longest night in the whole year and is a satanic high day. Satanists around the world are performing occultic activities in honor of their god. Last but not least, the day of this movie's release is Friday the 13th. The satanic "Harvest Feast" runs from October 15th through November 15th. This is the time of the most celebration and activity for satanists. This whole movie criticizes religion of all types, christianity the most. A huge Jesus statue crumbles to pieces. We don't see the face of Jesus, only his back view. What does that say? Christians are following a backward religion. Vatican priests are killed by a massive earthquake and chapel falling on them. Faithful catholics who gather around are also destroyed. The earthquake starts to split the Sistine chapel. Slowly, a crack starts down the wall dividing the painting of Adam and God. The painting that is titled "The Creation of Adam" is split right where God's hand touches Adams hand. Is this symbolism for God leaving man?...Or God destroying what he once created? Either way it portrays God as not being there for his believers who are on their knees in a prayer vigil. The ark theme is similar to Noah's ark, but with a twist. Once again, I question the symbolism. I won't spoil the ending for those who haven't seen the movie and plan to go. I will say this, the true story of Noah's ark in the bible is a lot different from this movie. Google Genesis 7:15-24. This movie blasphemed God's name at least 5 or 6 times. It is definitely an anti-God film. Only the christians are killed in such horrific ways. I'm sure some amusement park could turn the turbo limo into a cool motion ride. Great special effects througout. If it wasn't for the cursing of God and Jesus throughout, the antiChrist theme, it would have been a better film. If you decide to go see this film, keep your eyes opened for the satanic symolisms. John Cusack was the man with the foul language. I liked the African-american male actor who played scientist. Him and Amanda Peet did a great acting job. Thanks, Conservmom "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. (2nd Peter 3:9)"
Parent Written by3-20 characters long May 25, 2013

2012 - An In-depth review

I watched 2012 with my 4 year old son. He thought it was funny and the hippy conspiracy theorist was a positive role model. Even in the face of danger (big volcano blows up) he stands strong. The man in the suit who is the cab driver and the main character tells him that he be crazy. But the conspiracy man does not listen because he is very brave and children can learn a lot about the environment from him. He creates an emotional video that touched my heart. He said "We are all going to die". But even though he is now dead because a bit of the volcano killed him, I still love him.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 October 5, 2012

2012

Does that come through amid the chaos and destruction? Did the movie make you feel closer to your own family? Why do you think the wealthiest and most important people were chosen for seats on the arks? Should other people have gotten a chance? What would have been a better way to go about the process? Do you think a disaster like this could occur? If so, is it better to try and prepare or better not to worry about something we can't control?
Parent of a 11 year old Written bydebrasmixon October 17, 2010
very innovative thought, and we should learn from the movie in respect to save our earth. - www.castheads.com
Parent of a 2, 5, 10, and 12 year old Written bykayleelyn November 5, 2009
I had to explain to my 10 year old how every few years society comes up with another inevitable date, that history has somehow predicted, when the world would end. The trailers have her spooked, she worries that it is real. I don't need this for her....
Parent of a 17 year old Written byMrs HigherStandards March 6, 2011

A highly improbable escape with special effects galore

The first half was so unbelievable and preposterous--no one could travel under those conditions! The special effects department tried every disaster they could come up with. Once they got to their destination the story got more believable. I agree that many scenes are not for the fearful or tender hearted.
Adult Written byMafatu32 January 6, 2011

Lenter Field Movie.

It does send a message that family is more important then your job, especially if your family is faced with death and your are there life line. I'd like to laugh in the face of any idiot that says 2012 is real. I know for a fact that some nut will use all them dying fish and birds as a message.
Educator Written byyellowdiamond15 February 13, 2011

Not 4 people who make scenarios

i liked it overall, But i am a scenario person, soo the destruction of Las Angles, the volcano exploding in yellowstone, And the giant Tsunami in China was scaring me a little. But i loved it overall. I guess no were in the world was safe XD
Parent of a 17 year old Written byreviewer101 March 10, 2011

World Ending Drama is violent but has good parent role models

While the movie is revolved around our very earth ending there are a few positive messages, but mostly violent. A few sexual references occur and strong language is frequently used in this. One main character died and ones leg is gouged in a gear many people parish and it is full of suspense
Parent Written byEpicGameReviews May 9, 2016

Great destruction movie

This should not be watched by children under 10, too intense and too much violence. This movie is based on the Mayan Prophecy, which isn't even real, but the movie has outstanding FX. Brief language, almost no sex.
Adult Written byTom_Gamer_Tom June 24, 2010

Terrible film and not really that violent.

I expected an ultimate disaster movie. Oh wow great. But I got a 3 hour long boredom marathon. Its not got any realism. Its the worst film I've watched for a while. The violence is moderate, there is some stupid falling to deaths and every day stuff. A man supposedly gets his leg gouged. But you will get so bored you won't see that stage anyway. The language isn't too bad with a few swears.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviefan24 May 14, 2012

Exciting disaster movie

Adult Written byEvan_Rebhorn@no... August 4, 2014

Pretty Good

The special effects were truly awesome but the plot could've been better. Besides that, Great Movie! good for 10+
Parent of a 4 and 9 year old Written byironman2 May 18, 2010