All teen and kid member reviews for 2012

Teen, 13 years old Written byBlueBalloon November 11, 2009
I'll just say, even though we all know that the mayan prophecy is just a bundle of crap, this does look like an incredibly intense and epic movie. :)
Teen, 14 years old Written bySilbixia November 15, 2009

Great movie, but not for younger kids

I personally love disaster movies like this one, as long as they're well made; and believe me, this one is very well made. This movie is similar to The Day After Tomorrow, but on a much more massive scale (if you can imagine that). This could easily scare younger kids, so don't let your 7-year old watch it, but it's great for fans of events of epic proportions. LA is torn apart and basically turned upside-down, China and India are flooded by giant tsunamis (as well as DC in a scene involving the USS John Kennedy), and Yellowstone erupts (epically). Finally the movie is wrapped up with slight Christian overtones and everyone lives happily ever after. That is, the less than one billion people still alive. And this guys leg get torn off. Oh no. Besides the mass death and violence, there are strong family messages and good role models. So yeah.
Kid, 10 years old February 19, 2014

The movie is really good, there is not really any blood and gore.

The language is not very bad, and the sexual content is only when a man is telling his girlfriend/wife that she should get breast implants, that can probably go into a category between sex and profanity. The violence is not shooting gun and stabbing people, it's the crashes and explosions that makes this a slightly violent movie. The worst part I'd say isn't even that bad. It's probably when a guy's leg is torn off in a gear (very little gore). So if your kids are science-fiction fans, you should definitely let them see it if they want to.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviefan24 May 14, 2012

Exciting disaster movie

Kid, 11 years old March 4, 2011

AWSOME! :)

2012 isnt real so it was a good action thriller love it
Kid, 12 years old October 27, 2013

Great Film, Watch Out For Certain Things Though

I thought that this was an amazing film, I watched it aged 11 with my sister and got really scared, however it was full of amazing story lines and effects. There is a moment when a supermarket is ripped to pieces. They also drive through a collapsing building at part of the movie. They do swear sometimes and lady gives her father the finger, but other than that, it isn't that bad. Worth watching but not for the faint-hearted. Hope you made up your mind with this post!
Kid, 11 years old April 29, 2012

awsome

This is not for worriers because 1 billion people die but still it is really good and cool.Here's hopping this dos'nt really happen
Teen, 13 years old Written bygoodperson4 November 16, 2010

TOTALLY overrated. very thrilling.

this movie was awesome! all there really is in this movie is just a bunch of violence (nothing else). I think that most 11 year olds can handle this. I saw it when I was 11.
Kid, 11 years old September 18, 2010

A sci-fi thriller great for movie-goers

Even though violence is present throughout the "big event", it doesn't go into horrifying detail. Only in a few scenes you can see people die right in front of you, but other times the camera turns an angle away from it or an object gets in front of the scene just in time. I don't see much of a problem in this movie, because comparing it to "Knowing" this movie is not based on a total extermination on mankind. This movie is a bit selfish since people who actually got on the "arks" to stay away from the flood were wealthy men and women. A scene also shows a man abandon his older son (or relative of some sort) in a boxing match, but later on sacrifices himself to get his younger sons on an "ark" in the last fourth of the movie. Good comments about this movie is that the role model the main character takes is good, since he would do anything for his family to keep them safe. The CG special effects are the best I have seen in my life, so sci-fi fans will love this movie. If you have kids over 11 that don't worry about the chosen date for this movie (which is really close from today), this would be no problem for them.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMoviePringle September 5, 2010

A very amazing movie

I really enjoyed this movie. The subject is a little grim though.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAdept August 22, 2010

2012 (some spoilers...)

Another apacalyptic tale of "the end of all things." fun, right? oh goodness. This movie has some pretty stunning special effects, (we see San Francico heave up and into the sea, and yellowstone finally blows,) but the characters are painfully shallow. And, once again, the bad guys are the stereo typical capitalists who really don't have a problem with killing people. This movie was fun to watch (it's oddly entertaining to watch giant tsnamis rise up to mt. everest,) but the characters really don't have a lot going for them. It's fairly clear who needs to die, and who is going to live. While there are some touching scene amongst the side characters, the main characters really don't make you want to cheer for them. There is some bad language in here, (the f-word is used at least once,) and some violence. (if you think about how you're watching the death of entire cities, you start feeling pretty bad...) I was really disappointed when none of the characters pondered on how the Mayans had the whole end of the world thing figured out....(*sigh*) There's some really inappropriate talk between two characters, so I would definitely heed the rating. (PG-13.) This is an entertaining movie, but it's not that memorable or frightening.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCandiceTalks June 14, 2010

Amazing, yet sad and violent. Not for young, immature or weak-stomached viewers.

This was an amazing movie, the plot line, the special effects. I actually cried. It's also very creepy to think that it's 2012 so it gives you that "real" feeling. Violence - Not much blood or anything.. (one character gets his leg messed up in a huge gear). A lot of the main characters that you get to know die. Two young characters watch as their father falls to his death and another character is ground up in some machinery - yuck, not really anny blood or gore though. There's a boxing match..nothing really except punching. A really bad suicide is mentioned on the news. Sex - One character is a surgeon who does plastic surgery on breasts. He encounters one of his previous patients, and they discuss her surgery several times. Two characters mention making a baby together. Two characters kiss once, and there's an "almost kiss" between two other characters. Language - Rare use of strong language, although there's at least one "f--k," a few "s--t," and other words like "d-mn," "-ss," "h-ll," "godd-mn," and "oh my God." One character gives another a rude finger gesture. Drinking, smoking, drugs - There is some drinking to relieve the stress that it is the end of the world. Overall, it's a very sad movie, and there are a lot of deaths. It has a lot of heavy content so not for young or immature or weak-stomached viewers. Amazing film though!
Kid, 11 years old April 16, 2010

not for people who think the world is going to end soon

it was good, but really really scary and sad i think its very violent how lots of people die luv the cute pup.
Teen, 15 years old Written byEddie_m April 2, 2010
it was horrible
Kid, 12 years old January 8, 2010

eww

really bad movie, good special effects and stuff but really horribly violent and sad. i dont reccomend it at all. not for kids, maybe bored teenagers but the messages arent good. its all about one familys survival when what matters is the entire world. too sad and not even a good movie. please dont watch this, its boring and awful.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysoccerchic December 24, 2009

a christian perspective on the positives an age appropriatness

it was very action packedand you were on the edge of your seat the whole time ! i can truly say that i didnt get bored at all ! the reason i put it had a positive message is because the parents i thought showed a friendly relationship together the entire time even though the were divorced. for anyone younger than an 11 year old id have to say it was a little too violent ! if i was a ten year old i would still be having night mares about it ! but in all it was a very well written movie !
Kid, 10 years old November 7, 2009

Don't see this movie!

i am already NOT a fan. my lttle brothers are scared, and oh? The mayans did not say the world would end, they said THEIR civilization would end. last time i checked, we are NOT all mayans!!!!!!!!!!! It is NOT WORTH my little brothers being scared!!!!!!!!!!!or anyone else.
Kid, 12 years old January 21, 2016

Not good, very scary, boring

It is pretty boring, I am more someone who worries about natural disasters so this movie left me really scared and I did not like it at all. It isn't that good of a movie anyways, not for people who worry a lot like me.
Kid, 8 years old July 15, 2015

Unrealistic,fun natural disaster movie is nothing new.

My rating:R for violence.
Kid, 8 years old July 15, 2015

Unrealistic,fun natural disaster movie is nothing new.

My rating:R for violence.