All member reviews for 21 Jump Street

Teen, 15 years old Written byRobbyboyfye16 March 17, 2012

ghk

Good Undercover T.V adaption on the Big screen with Educational Value about the Rights of getting arrested
Teen, 16 years old Written byFutureMrs.JohnnyDepp March 17, 2012

Great movie for the older teens and adults, but not for kids!

I saw this movie, and I am 16. It was absolutely hilarious, the whole theatre laughed a lot! (It is definitely VERY funny!) But, not for kids. Kids wouldn't understand a lot about this movie, which would make it boring for them, and there are some inappropriate scenes, including one where three people are seen naked in a bedroom (but, nothing is actually shown) and there is also a scene where there is a naked butt shown, but its in the background, and some might not see it. There is also a lot of sexual things said. It was a very good movie, especially for the people like me who have watched the actual 21 Jump Street show, and there are a few cameos from actors who were on the original show (Including Johnny Depp!) I'd say a must see for anyone who enjoys laugh out loud funny movies, and can handle the sexual stuff.
Teen, 15 years old Written byantoineisthebest March 22, 2012

A++++ grat movie

great movie I am 14 and took my younger brother who is 11 and his and my friend to this movie!!! this movie is really funny, but alot of drug including a really funny scene where they were on drug. sexual content isn't that bad just that 1 scene ( a man got shot on is penis and find it a bit later and tries to pick it up with his mouth) the whole theater lhaughed and a 1 sec of a 3some but we don't see anithing . there is a bit of blood at the end not a lot in the entire movie but very concentrate I was suprised with how many kids went to this movie almost more kid than the lorax!!!!! but this movie is really funny and just a great movie (caution about swearing) my brother didn't know this movie was so innpropriate but he've seen worse (he and and his friend needed someone to go to the movie with) because it's 13+ (quebec) a great date movie friday night flick
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 March 17, 2012

Best Movie Ever!

Hilarious action buddy comedy. Lots of sexual dialog and language. The fight at the end is bloody, but great movie!
Teen, 13 years old Written bywornweirdo March 19, 2012

Really funny

i went to go see this movie with my dad and he ha no idea what it was. it was immediately oblivious this was not a kids movie. the charterers cussed non-stop,the sexual references were explicit,and the violence was bloody. however despite all the inappropriate content this movie was very funny. in my opinion the funniest parts didn't even involve sexual references. only three parts in this movie actually had nudity. the first part didn't show anything but it showed 3 teens in bed, the next was in the background and was only a mans butt, and the next involved a decapitated body part. set aside all of the inappropriate material it probably has nothing your teens haven't already heard and they would very much enjoy it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJust believe me January 2, 2014

Great for anyone over 13 looking for a good comedy!

This is a laugh out loud movie that has swears but is very enjoyable. If the parents are okay with the material but are on the fence with this I would have a go for it anyone over 13. If their 12 it's up to the parents knowing how mature the kid is
Teen, 13 years old Written byDiego Michelena April 14, 2012

Funny movie

Yes, there is a lot of profanity. Yes, there is a lot of drug. But is it an overboard rated R movie? No. Kids over the age of thirteen should be able to see it
Teen, 13 years old Written by23553 March 25, 2012

Hilarious movie, but strong sex, violence, and drugs

This movie has some of everything. There are scenes where characters are on drugs, as well as extremely violent scenes, though both are played for humor. Me and my friends, all in 8th grade, went to see it and were fine. However plenty of kids in our grade wouldn't be. This really depends on what you want your kid seeing.
Teen, 15 years old Written byThePlatinumKnight February 22, 2014

Great Comedy for mature teens

Teen, 16 years old Written bypzoconnor January 2, 2014

An Iffy Movie

Reading the reviews on here, I'm appalled. 11 year old kids seeing this movie? Not a good idea. 21 Jump Street is a very funny movie, though quite stupid, and it just depends on the maturity level of your child. The movie centers around illegal drug trafficking and use, has relatively frequent sexual themes, extreme language, and quite a bit of violence. There is blatant disrespect to authority, underage drinking, illegal activities, etc etc. Unless you feel like explaining why three people are in bed together or why a character is acting funny, I wouldn't let a younger kid see this. Basically, it all depends on your child's maturity level, and not their "maturity level" (the one they give themselves). 11 year olds, no matter how much they protest, are NOT "mature teens". They may be mature 11 year olds, but that doesn't allow complete leeway. If it helps at all, I watched this movie at 15, and again shortly after with my dad. He loved it, and he thought it was fine for me personally. My sisters, 12 at the time, not even close to okay for them. Just my two-cents, I hope it helps!
Kid, 12 years old June 30, 2012

awesome

this movie was hilarious and awesme the whole theater was lauging parents need to watch out for drugs and language
Teen, 16 years old Written byRobsterReviews June 30, 2012

21 Jump Street

Hilarious comedy/action movie has likeable charecters and funny jokes.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTansen May 12, 2012

Totally worth it

It was great and i think at the age of 12, you know more so 12 + should see it
Kid, 11 years old April 5, 2012

The TV Show's Better.

Movies today... Also I'm sadly the only one who's visit the 21 Jump Street t.v. show's page. Please check out the t.v. show! It starred Johnny Deep that's the whole reason he was in the movie. Not Johnny's best movie he's produced either. J.D. rox though!
Teen, 15 years old Written byrallos April 2, 2012

Best and funniest movie of 2012 so far!

Hilarious movie! There is a lot of bad content though. The entire movie is about trying to find a drug dealer and there is a (hilarious) part where the main characters get high in school. There is pretty much constant usage of f**k and d**k as well, especially from the (once again hilarious) officer in charge of the "21 jump street operation". Most of the humor in the movie revolves around sex. There is a lot of violence, but there's usually humor that comes with it. For example (for sex and violence), in the end, one character shoots a man in the crotch and shoots his penis (which is then visible) off and his partner yells, "YOU SHOT HIS D**K!!!" over and over. Besides all that, there is a positive message about friendship and teamwork. Also, this movie is HILARIOUSLY HILARIOUS!! I laughed out loud with the whole theater many times. This movie is worth the awkwardness of seeing it with your child or parent!!! Go watch it right now.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn March 30, 2012

Ultra-crude and raunchy television show adaptation is for older teens only

21 Jump Street is based off of a old television show of the same name that ran from 1987-1991, and that is also starred a very young Johnny Depp (Watch for his not-so flattering cameo later on in the movie!), and that also apparently, back in it's day, it was quiet popular with the viewers of the time. Now, the classic show is the latest in the long line of classic television shows to get the big-screen treatment, but done so that it is more of a crazy comedy and that it is more satirizing the show, than actually doing it justice. Still, 21 Jump Street is a memorably crude, pretty much raving lunatic of a movie that delivers plenty of outrageous laughs, even if a lot of the time the laughter is disbelief at the poor taste on-screen, but, for a comedy such as this one, that is actually not exactly a insult, when you really do think about it. Still, 21 Jump Street is probably the best comedy around right now, aside from Project X, which is already disappearing from the box office while 21 Jump Street is still collecting. So, armed with a R Rating, since, obviously, this is yet another one of those raunchy ten comedies, the content is pretty much as follows, so here we go: There is virtually non-stop crude and sexual content, with lot's and lot's of crude and explicit dialog, jokes, and even a few scenes which will definitely raise some eyebrows with the audience, which includes a very brief but graphic view of a three-way, with most of the body parts visible, and finally, but definitely most explicitly, several very graphic shots of a severed penis covered in blood, which a character is also forced to pick up in his mouth, as well, which also ties in with the violence section of this review, as well. So, with that being said, the violence in the film is not very graphic, until the end, where the violence suddenly cranks up and there is plenty of bloody gunfights, complete with lot's of blood spraying, spurting and splattering everywhere. Also, there is frequent and explicit drug use, which also occasionally ties in with the humor, and in one key and very funny sequence, we see from the perspective of the two-main characters as they are both virtually having an acid freak-out. And, finally, there is pretty much constant strong profanity throughout the entire film as well, which includes about 161 uses of the F-word and it's derivatives, but also includes other words as well, including sh-t, g-dd-mn, hell, b-llsh-t, -ssh-le, d-ck, c-ck and more. So, with all that having been said, 21 Jump Street has been doing well with the teen crowd, and no wonder, because if you have already seen project X and are still looking for that next funny raunchy comedy, than look no further, because 21 Jump Street delivers.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCasey14 March 25, 2012

Me!

Funny as awesome and never boring. best move Ever!!!!
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2015

AMAZING!!!

It is really funny and I thing people should watch this!! Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill are really funny in this movie I laughed sooo much when I watched this movie!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byRosieflo April 7, 2015

Love this movie

This movie is hilarious and very clever. I would certainly recomend it to anyone else and is definitely my favourite movie. I think that 21 jump street is better than 22 jump street. However, there is a lot of bad language which is one of my he main reasons for its age certificate. It is also quite violent as the main character gets shot, but nothing too extreme.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRolandMeisleris777x March 22, 2015

AWESOME YET RACY

A great movie, yet drug use drinking a threesome & over the top cussing is shown... there in no nudity it "those areas", but the story line is graphic and over the top... Great movie if your mature enough for it!!