All member reviews for 21

Breezy Vegas con film fun, with some iffy stuff.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySoccercrazyteen September 11, 2009

THis was a swweeeettt movie a little violent,but really good!
Teen, 14 years old Written bypanettoncino April 9, 2008
Parent of a 12 year old Written bysfflann January 10, 2011

perfect

great movie there is some intimate relations but kids should know about this stuff by 12 years old
Teen, 14 years old Written byBilly Bobins April 9, 2008

good

this was a good movie it was appropiate for my age. the language wasn't anymore than the avage pg-13 and the sexual content was only a 30 secound scene o shirtless kissing. so If you like casino movies than this is recomened
Parent of a 9 and 13 year old Written byfastraxsg September 1, 2013

a personal favorite

one of those movies that i wouldnt mind watching over and over and over again. LOVED IT.
Adult Written bywonder dove June 9, 2012

Even if you don't like casino movies........

It took me this long to finally see this movie because I'm not really one for watching gambling-type of stories, I find them dull and confusing most of the time - BUT- this movie rocked my socks! Absolutely loved it. I was engaged throughout the whole film and then watched it again with some friends the following weekend. It's super fun & fast paced, about a broke high school guy who's amazing with numbers and his heart is set on going to university for med school but doesn't have the money to do so. He then gets invited to join a team of card counting Vegas goers to win big on weekends which helps solves his biggest problem - so he thinks. It's also a part love story. Really liked the twist at the end! Couldn't recommend this enough!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bybananalover March 18, 2011

i love this movie
Teen, 16 years old Written byfaithblade March 17, 2011

my only
Kid, 12 years old July 8, 2010

A confusing but entertaining flick.

This movie is very well done. They film it perfectly, with cool angles I've never seen done before. The violence is bast on real events, (they play 'poker?' but these people above the billiard room beat up anyone that cheats like these 12 graders who have know idea its illegal.) Its often funny with lines of 'I need a drink' and two people from the same team begin making love on a train. (anything strange about that? Nah, I see it every time I go on a public train. LOL.) Theirs drug, and a seen when a man is beat up very bad, blood every where. B.S. is said and God- D*** is heard. A girl smokes and drinks 'trying for a sexy look'. Los Angelas is shown lots of times. That includes clubs, gambling rooms, strip club etc. Theres nudity nothing shown from a window. They cheat and are filthy rich from counting cards, which by the way is illegal. Blood is shown on a camera. No good role models, except at the end when they realize what they are doing is not so great as they thought it was.
Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe May 26, 2010

I am in love with Jim Sturgess, and can't wait to see what he's up to in this film!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBestPicture1996 November 29, 2009

Predictable but entertaining

Come into this movie expecting not a heroic, original plot. Kid gets rich, gets broke, finds revenge, nothing you haven't seen before. Plus it's way too complicated for any "math genius" to understand, the card-counting. But it is worth it in the end.
Parent of a 8 year old Written byhonestopinions October 26, 2009

Wow, really bad!

This was an incredibly bad movie purely based on the script. The writers made the characters do whatever they needed to do (not what the characters would have done) in order just to try and make some sort of story work in the most convenient way possible. All the characters contradict their conviction regularly, change the personalities from scene to scene and are all geniuses when required, and idiots 2 seconds later in order to create inciting incidents or problems to be overcome. The overall effect is the suspension of disbelief is thrown out the window and you are very aware that you are watching actors on a screen trying to make up a story. Some of the dialogue is so unnatural and is written as a lazy and overly direct way to try and tell you something about a character. Editing, score etc and some of the actors - very good. But all of the talent was let down by rubbish script development.
Teen, 15 years old Written bykayley002 September 24, 2009

My favorite movie

I chose to write about the movie 21. This movie is suspensful, and very addicting. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. It has drama, action, and comedy all in one! You never know what is going to happen next. Just when you think one thing is going to happen, something completely different happens!The movie does have some abuse and a little bit of sexual content, although, all you ever see is kissing. This truly is a fantastic movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byballetbabe_x3 June 28, 2009

Fun, fast-paced film about winning and losing big

Some of the main actors, such as Jim Sturgess and Kate Bosworth, will appeal to younger audiences, but perhaps think twice before taking your younger teens to this Vegas film. It's fun and it's inventive and you shouldn't miss it - but there is excessive drinking, partying, and the like. Language is mild (s--t was used a few times, but that was the max.), and there are brief romantic interludes, but other than that, 21 is a must-see. (:
Teen, 17 years old Written bycopperzinc April 26, 2009

Adult Written bydosyan January 20, 2009
Teen, 13 years old Written bypianist_girl December 13, 2008

Great!

I loved it, and there were a few violent scenes, but they weren't bad at all (well, maybe a little..) The acting was great and there were several funny parts. Anyone 10 and older could see this movie, depending on the kid, maybe even 8 or 9. The only 'sex scenes' are some stippers, and kissing, maybe a COUPLE of suggestive jokes...
Kid, 11 years old November 1, 2008

CSM is Over Cautious

Almost EVERY PG-13 Movie on CSM is either pause for 14 or pause for 15. A 12 year old could see this! Yes, they do make love but partial nudity!?! Come on! you see there neck and up! It is fine. The only thing is that there is a bit of cursing. NOT THAT MUCH! It is fine for any 12 year old to see this. GOD!
Teen, 14 years old Written byhicksbuilt April 9, 2008

an alright movie...

This movie had a good plot and it was very entertaining. They had some violence scenes and slight language but that doesn't bother me much, what bothers me is that they "hung out" at the strip club WAY too much. I don't think that part is approprite. But it was very good - kind of a thriller in ways. Thrilling and entertaining. But as I said earlier, the strip club took away from that.