All member reviews for 22 Jump Street

Funny sequel is just as crude, over-the-top as the first.

Educator Written byDr. Nesmith June 14, 2014

Not too bad

as the adminastrator of the middle school where im from, i'd say that the movie isnt too bad in terms of sex, and violence. The sex in the movie is some college students in their underwear. nothing too suprising and some girls in skimmpy bikinis. There are a few sex jokes but not many. and the violence in like an action-moive: explosions, gun fights, fist fights, car chases, ect. There is swearing throughout the movie but I feel that middle kids schools alreday know these words and know not to say them or do any of the sugestive things in this movie. Since the movie is about cops cracking a drug case at a collage there are a lot of drug references but again, kids should know that it is not somthing to mess around with. this movie was pretty funny combined with action. I think it deserves the four star rating. I hoped this review helped some parents decide to let their children attend the movie or not. just know your child and how they would react to the movie.
Adult Written byThat90sguy June 14, 2014

Great Fun!

A popular new drug across a college campus has been dubbed WHYFHY(wi-fi) and its up to 2 undercover cops to find the dealer, and prevent this drug from becoming mainstream because its potentially lethal. Sound familar? It should, as this is the same plot from the last movie, but at least Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum are self-aware, because they tell that it is the same plot. It's still really funny. Tatum is the best character in this movie because he go from being a loveable idiot, to action hero. Jonah Hill is also funny, but he is like a punching bag in this sequel and falls into an akward, but hilarious, situation. The ending is the best part, so stick around for that. Also, this movie is pretty tame for teens, as there isn't much heavy content other than language like f--k or s--t, and some drinking and drug use. Overall, this was a fun time at the movie theaters and teens and adults alike will enjoy it.
Parent Written byCarrie Marks June 29, 2014

22 Jump Street Review

I went to this movie expecting it to have a lot of inappropriate sex scenes. Turns out this movie is one of the least inappropriate movies I have ever seen the only reason why it is rated r is because of swearing (a lot) and drugs. I would say kids 13 and older can watch it Depending on how mature your kids are. This movie is hilarious and is a must watch.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrosieh2001 June 13, 2014

Amazing

22 Jump street is one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time. In terms of age appropriate i am 13 and i saw it even though it's a 15, personally the worst things in the movie is the swearing and violence. The swearing contains f**k, sh*t and everything less than that. The violence isn't that bad it's only a few people being shot and some fist fights but no gory. There are sex references but they are similar to a 12A rated movie. Personally i thought it was a great movie and not to rude but i think you might need to know your child as there are some jokes that some might not understand which could make the theme of the movie go way over their heads. There is quite a lot of drug themes in the film.
Teen, 15 years old Written byazjoker1 June 15, 2014

Appropriate for teens and really funny

If your teenager is mature enough they should do fine with this movie. To overprotective parents, please go see this movie if you're on the fence about it, it's really funny. It has good values about friendship and keep in my mind that your kids probably curse a lot in school and know about sex. It should be fine for kids 13 and up if they're fairly mature. There's no sex in the movie, just one scene of people waking up the morning after. There is a lot of language but nothing that your kids haven't heard before.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMauler66 July 14, 2014

Funny sequel much more toned down than original

Now the first movie showed sex and even a penis but this movie only had reference to that. Much funnier jokes and a lot less crude. Really good. 13 and over.
Kid, 12 years old June 16, 2014

raunched up

Had some bad words about 100 f words saw this movie twice and I'm 11 it had some positive messages bit violence very lame but you will laugh a lot see this if you are 13 or older
Teen, 17 years old Written byB-KMastah June 13, 2014

Absolutely hilarious, and actually pretty smart.

I absolutely loved the first one and it was one of the best of 2012 to me, so when I heard about this, I was really excited but also kind of scared because it seems like one of those movies where anything that they try would feel like a total letdown. And I'm happy to say that I was so wrong, because I could not stop laughing. This is definitely the best comedy of the year, and also the best comedy since The World's End (not This Is the End, although that was great also). It's like they took everything that worked about the original movie and made amped it up and took out the stuff that didn't work. For example, there are even more meta jokes and in-jokes relating to the actors and also some pretty sweet cameos. My biggest problem about 21 Jump Street was that there were too many dick jokes and they became a bit too tiresome, and they fixed that here. Obviously there are still tons of raunchy jokes, but they work super well. The whole creative team is back for this one, and it shows, because it's the same type of fun humor and it definitely knows what it is. The pacing is perfect and like always Phil Lord and Chris Miller have such terrific comedic timing that everything has such a terrific energy. Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum have completely flawless chemistry and like the first movie, they work so incredibly well together that I can't imagine these movies without them. Everyone else is good here as well, but the true standout is Jillian Bell. I don't think that I've ever seen her before but she's absolutely hysterical, playing a smart-ass deadpan girl that just hates Jonah Hill with a passion. Everything she says is so well timed and her delivery is terrific. Ice Cube was also hilarious in the first movie, but he gets even more stuff to do here and there's one particular scene where he just absolutely kills it. Also, the credits are SO funny. It proves that this movie really never runs out of steam, and make sure that you stay after the credits, because there is a funny little tidbit there as well. If I have one problem, it's that there is no mentioning of some of the previous characters from 21 Jump Street, which is odd because they were main characters. Brie Larson's character is never acknowledged at all, which is weird because she became Jonah Hill's love interest, so I don't even know what happened to her. However, there are some really funny (and sometimes subtle) jokes references the first movie, whether it be a set piece or a particular shot. It starts off a little shaky but it finds its footing extremely quickly and never goes downhill. I really do hope that they make more of these movies (which they more than likely will), but it's their wit and self-referential humor that sets them apart from other stuff. 9.2/10, amazing, two thumbs up, far above average, etc.
Adult Written byzeekattacklee January 31, 2015

Great film, Yet again not for children..

This film was a whole lot better with content this time around.. The film did have a little bit of sexual stuff, But didn’t have any nudity. Otherwise, It does contain a heavy amount of language ,violence, and don’t forget it also contains drug material.. Other than that, I Don’t think there is anything in this film a mature fourteen year old couldn’t handle.. Otherwise, Please be cautious when letting younger children view this..
Teen, 15 years old Written byjd041299 June 27, 2014

Trash

This movie is borderline NC 17. It is nothing but filthe. I am 50 and it made me physically sick. Nearly every sentence has the F word, and equally as bad to me, saying GD. There is no reason for any age to see this movie. Stop going and they'll stop making them with so much language, drugs, and alcohol.
Adult Written byJUAN1 February 9, 2015

Hilarious Movie with some iffy parts

This Is a hilarious movie but the only bad part that parents wouldnt like is that there is a hell lot of swearing. Also there are some sexual jokes. And there is a lot of drinking at college parties you can see like hundreds of bottles of alchol. Still a hilarious movie
Adult Written bykipwalker44 November 4, 2014

Not as crude as its predecessor, but not as funny

'22 Jump Street' has plenty of laughs to offer, on the other hand, this movie doesn't hold up as much as the first, and isn't as memorable. The only reason this movie is rated R is because of the language. The sex is just people in their underwear, girls in skimpy bikinis, and PG-13 level references. No on-screen drug use, but the plot centers around this fictional drug called 'WHYPHY.' The violence is infrequent, PG-13 level, and portrayed comedically. Because of the excessive swearing, it's best to wait until you're 15 or older to see this movie. Suggested MPAA Rating: R for language throughout
Kid, 11 years old July 13, 2014

Great movie!

Though I'm 11, I regret seeing this movie even if it's hilarious. Theres a fair amount of cartoonish violence (happily not as much as the first), and there's a strong female character in this one, (different from the last). There's a tad bit of sex, nothing that teens can't handle, and a lot of language. Also, as the nonsensical plot implies, there is a lot of drugs.
Teen, 13 years old Written byheyyuywedguiqyegc July 7, 2014

Not that bad.

People keep saying that 22 jump street is too inappropriate, but its not. The only bad thing is the swearing, and that's not even that bad.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJames V. Taylor June 14, 2014

A very high number of the F-word being spoken in the film

What's in the dialogue? I saw the Parents Guide at IMDb then there's 148 times of the F-word being spoken. At least the MPAA gave it an R (Under 17 Requires Accompanying Parent or Adult Guardian) in the United States and the BBFC gave it a 15 (suitable only for persons aged 15 years and over) in the United Kingdom. What would a number of people will see the sequel to the 2012 film "21 Jump Street", the film adapted from Stephen J. Cannell's TV show of the same name that ran from 1987-1992? 148 times means a lot of swearing. Check out the "Bad Language" symbol on the review.
Teen, 14 years old Written byriman15 July 4, 2014

Be Careful

there is a lot of swearing, drugs and drinking. Lots of sex and it's really funny though.
Adult Written bybrojamison June 14, 2014

See it with a teenager

It is a quality sequel that really young kids can't go to. I thought it was hilarious. I missed the Johnny Depp cameo unlike last time. It did not represent the rating given
Teen, 16 years old Written byStevie111 June 13, 2014

Amazing!!!!!

21 and 22 Jump Street are my favorite movies hands down. This installment is hysterical, and not too crude. I highly recommend it.
Kid, 12 years old December 25, 2014

FUNNIEST EVER.

I think the main reason this got 15/R was because of language. It has been given= Contains strong language, sex references, violence. The violence is PG-13 probably even less than that. The main concern is language, f*ck is used constantly, motherf*cker, d*ck, b*tch, d*ck. Once or twice it says , 'shot my d*ck off. In my opinion, Contains frequent strong language, strong sex references.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMarvelgirl15 November 14, 2014

Funny, but some iffy moments

I finally got to watch this movie today and I thought it was pretty funny. There were moments where I laughed really hard, but there are some scenes that are a bit inappropriate. The main reason why this film is rated R is mostly due to the swearing in the movie. There is also a lot of violence, inappropriate jokes, drinking and drugs involved in the movie. On the positive side, Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill get into fights, but they realize that they do need each other in their lives to solve the case. I still think that compared to some other rated R comedy movies, this was not as inappropriate and was pretty hilarious overall. I would recommend this movie for teens 16+.