All member reviews for 22 Jump Street

Teen, 13 years old Written byrosieh2001 June 13, 2014

Amazing

22 Jump street is one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time. In terms of age appropriate i am 13 and i saw it even though it's a 15, personally the worst things in the movie is the swearing and violence. The swearing contains f**k, sh*t and everything less than that. The violence isn't that bad it's only a few people being shot and some fist fights but no gory. There are sex references but they are similar to a 12A rated movie. Personally i thought it was a great movie and not to rude but i think you might need to know your child as there are some jokes that some might not understand which could make the theme of the movie go way over their heads. There is quite a lot of drug themes in the film.
Teen, 15 years old Written byazjoker1 June 15, 2014

Appropriate for teens and really funny

If your teenager is mature enough they should do fine with this movie. To overprotective parents, please go see this movie if you're on the fence about it, it's really funny. It has good values about friendship and keep in my mind that your kids probably curse a lot in school and know about sex. It should be fine for kids 13 and up if they're fairly mature. There's no sex in the movie, just one scene of people waking up the morning after. There is a lot of language but nothing that your kids haven't heard before.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMauler66 July 14, 2014

Funny sequel much more toned down than original

Now the first movie showed sex and even a penis but this movie only had reference to that. Much funnier jokes and a lot less crude. Really good. 13 and over.
Kid, 12 years old June 16, 2014

raunched up

Had some bad words about 100 f words saw this movie twice and I'm 11 it had some positive messages bit violence very lame but you will laugh a lot see this if you are 13 or older
Teen, 17 years old Written byB-KMastah June 13, 2014

Absolutely hilarious, and actually pretty smart.

I absolutely loved the first one and it was one of the best of 2012 to me, so when I heard about this, I was really excited but also kind of scared because it seems like one of those movies where anything that they try would feel like a total letdown. And I'm happy to say that I was so wrong, because I could not stop laughing. This is definitely the best comedy of the year, and also the best comedy since The World's End (not This Is the End, although that was great also). It's like they took everything that worked about the original movie and made amped it up and took out the stuff that didn't work. For example, there are even more meta jokes and in-jokes relating to the actors and also some pretty sweet cameos. My biggest problem about 21 Jump Street was that there were too many dick jokes and they became a bit too tiresome, and they fixed that here. Obviously there are still tons of raunchy jokes, but they work super well. The whole creative team is back for this one, and it shows, because it's the same type of fun humor and it definitely knows what it is. The pacing is perfect and like always Phil Lord and Chris Miller have such terrific comedic timing that everything has such a terrific energy. Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum have completely flawless chemistry and like the first movie, they work so incredibly well together that I can't imagine these movies without them. Everyone else is good here as well, but the true standout is Jillian Bell. I don't think that I've ever seen her before but she's absolutely hysterical, playing a smart-ass deadpan girl that just hates Jonah Hill with a passion. Everything she says is so well timed and her delivery is terrific. Ice Cube was also hilarious in the first movie, but he gets even more stuff to do here and there's one particular scene where he just absolutely kills it. Also, the credits are SO funny. It proves that this movie really never runs out of steam, and make sure that you stay after the credits, because there is a funny little tidbit there as well. If I have one problem, it's that there is no mentioning of some of the previous characters from 21 Jump Street, which is odd because they were main characters. Brie Larson's character is never acknowledged at all, which is weird because she became Jonah Hill's love interest, so I don't even know what happened to her. However, there are some really funny (and sometimes subtle) jokes references the first movie, whether it be a set piece or a particular shot. It starts off a little shaky but it finds its footing extremely quickly and never goes downhill. I really do hope that they make more of these movies (which they more than likely will), but it's their wit and self-referential humor that sets them apart from other stuff. 9.2/10, amazing, two thumbs up, far above average, etc.
Teen, 15 years old Written byjd041299 June 27, 2014

Trash

This movie is borderline NC 17. It is nothing but filthe. I am 50 and it made me physically sick. Nearly every sentence has the F word, and equally as bad to me, saying GD. There is no reason for any age to see this movie. Stop going and they'll stop making them with so much language, drugs, and alcohol.
Kid, 11 years old July 13, 2014

Great movie!

Though I'm 11, I regret seeing this movie even if it's hilarious. Theres a fair amount of cartoonish violence (happily not as much as the first), and there's a strong female character in this one, (different from the last). There's a tad bit of sex, nothing that teens can't handle, and a lot of language. Also, as the nonsensical plot implies, there is a lot of drugs.
Teen, 13 years old Written byheyyuywedguiqyegc July 7, 2014

Not that bad.

People keep saying that 22 jump street is too inappropriate, but its not. The only bad thing is the swearing, and that's not even that bad.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJames V. Taylor June 14, 2014

A very high number of the F-word being spoken in the film

What's in the dialogue? I saw the Parents Guide at IMDb then there's 148 times of the F-word being spoken. At least the MPAA gave it an R (Under 17 Requires Accompanying Parent or Adult Guardian) in the United States and the BBFC gave it a 15 (suitable only for persons aged 15 years and over) in the United Kingdom. What would a number of people will see the sequel to the 2012 film "21 Jump Street", the film adapted from Stephen J. Cannell's TV show of the same name that ran from 1987-1992? 148 times means a lot of swearing. Check out the "Bad Language" symbol on the review.
Teen, 14 years old Written byriman15 July 4, 2014

Be Careful

there is a lot of swearing, drugs and drinking. Lots of sex and it's really funny though.
Teen, 16 years old Written byStevie111 June 13, 2014

Amazing!!!!!

21 and 22 Jump Street are my favorite movies hands down. This installment is hysterical, and not too crude. I highly recommend it.
Kid, 12 years old December 25, 2014

FUNNIEST EVER.

I think the main reason this got 15/R was because of language. It has been given= Contains strong language, sex references, violence. The violence is PG-13 probably even less than that. The main concern is language, f*ck is used constantly, motherf*cker, d*ck, b*tch, d*ck. Once or twice it says , 'shot my d*ck off. In my opinion, Contains frequent strong language, strong sex references.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMarvelgirl15 November 14, 2014

Funny, but some iffy moments

I finally got to watch this movie today and I thought it was pretty funny. There were moments where I laughed really hard, but there are some scenes that are a bit inappropriate. The main reason why this film is rated R is mostly due to the swearing in the movie. There is also a lot of violence, inappropriate jokes, drinking and drugs involved in the movie. On the positive side, Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill get into fights, but they realize that they do need each other in their lives to solve the case. I still think that compared to some other rated R comedy movies, this was not as inappropriate and was pretty hilarious overall. I would recommend this movie for teens 16+.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJune14 July 9, 2014

Funny

This movie was really funny and the only thing that was bad was the language but other than that-it was a great.
Kid, 11 years old July 8, 2014

22 Jump Street review

22 jump street is the sequel to the hit film, 21 jump street. The film is hilarious and is just really fun to watch. The language is really bad though
Teen, 17 years old Written byMoviefanadick June 29, 2014

Did I just watch 22 or 21 Jump Street?

22 Jump Street was very disappointing. It had the same plot and even events as 21 Jump Street. The first was a funny, good movie. But, when I go to a sequel, I don't want to see its predecessor. Sure some of the film was funny. But, that doesn't mean it was a good movie. 22 Jump Street was not very satisfying.
Kid, 11 years old December 2, 2014

Depending on how mature is the child

Even though there are some F-Bombs stuffed in the movie. I think it is appropriate for age 13 and up. This movie is only Rated-R because of the language, drugs and drinking and some sexual content. Please remember though, there is language through out the movie. Even if your kid is 12 or under, he might be mature enough to watch this movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byWhitelr November 18, 2014

Not bad for teens moving up in high school

I think 22 Jump Street was not that bad.I saw this in theaters with friends,and i did not think that there was going to be a greater amount of language than sex in the movie.But if you have 14 or 15 year olds in your household,this movie would suit their pleasures.This movie should have been rated PG-13 but the MPAA wanted it to be rated R toward its pervasive language shown throughout the film.I highly recommend this is not a movie for kids in elementary school.
Teen, 16 years old Written byChaera June 13, 2014

Awesome Sequel!

This film really lived up to the expectations set by 21 Jump Street. Parents should know the film contains quite a large amount of sex, violence, drugs/drinking/etc and language, but is definitely suitable for 16 and up as well as mature 15 year olds.
Kid, 10 years old June 13, 2014

Funny, less crude then the first one.

Like 21 Jump Street.