All member reviews for 22 Jump Street

Funny sequel is just as crude, over-the-top as the first.

Teen, 16 years old Written byfrench.cats February 20, 2015

SO FUNNY

Extremely humorous and enjoyable! Granted, it's very slapstick and definitely not for people who enjoy intellectual films. Still, it's worth watching because it really is very funny! Fair warning: a LOT of swearing.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygmvyoshi February 12, 2015

Hilarious Sequel, Still Too Crude for Older Teens.

"22 Jump Street" is a great sequel, but still as mature as the first. Sex-reference to "watching people f--k or can we actually f--k?" References to: sleeping with students (said by a teacher, lesbians, tampons, and boners (erections). A reference to woman's nipples producing milk as the guy from 21 Jump Street is back "without a d--k" and then says "they gave me a vagina! It's awesome!" Then, he implies that Eric, also from 21 Jump Street, had sex with him, but Eric makes it clear that that's not true. References to fornicating, thrusting, pumping, etc. Schmidt gets mad that Jenko has a new friend and says "why don't you guys tie your d--ks together and get married?" Schmidt asks Maya, as they are looking at a sculpture of two huge eggs, what she thinks it looks like and she says she doesn't know. So, Schmidt says "You can't admit that it looks like testicles?" and she says "Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking." Schmidt and Maya are, later, shown the morning after they've had sex, fully covered, no nudity shown or implied. During the same scene, Maya's roommate says to Schmidt "you're like the loudest climaxer I've ever heard." In a later scene, Schmidt says to another guy that he got laid (had sex) and describes it a little. More references to homosexuals. Someone says that Schmidt is "a bag of d--ks." Jenko finds a sex toy of a penis is found in a college student's dorm room and throws it at Schmidt. Toward the end, Jenko sticks his hand up Jenko's shorts. He accidentally grabs his penis, and Schmidt says "No, that's my d--k!" Then, Jenko tries again and Schmidt says "That's also my d--k!" Language-very frequent, strong language includes: "BS," b--ch, vagina, penis, biga--, d--k, f--kers, goddamn, goddammit, f--k, hell, bulls--t, motherf--ker, motherf--king, holy s--t, p---y, a--, Jesus Christ!, sons of b--ches, f-gg-t, and nuts, Violence-less violent than the first;no blood Drinking/Drugs/Smoking-the song "Turn Down For What," which is all about getting wasted, is played in one scene. References to drinking alcohol and getting high. Schmidt, Jenko, and others are shown drinking, they are college students so they could be undreage, and partying a lot. This time, the drug is called Why Phy, sounding exactly like "wi-fi"and Schmidt and Jenko have to find the dealer of this drug. Comments are made like "are you f--king high?" Lots of discussion of drugs. All in all, great sequel. It will appeal to older teens, but may be a better choice for adults. I'm excited to hear that there may possibly be another sequel, 23 Jump Street. Hopefully, we'll see Jenko and Schmidt in medical school!
Adult Written byJUAN1 February 9, 2015

Hilarious Movie with some iffy parts

This Is a hilarious movie but the only bad part that parents wouldnt like is that there is a hell lot of swearing. Also there are some sexual jokes. And there is a lot of drinking at college parties you can see like hundreds of bottles of alchol. Still a hilarious movie
Adult Written byzeekattacklee January 31, 2015

Great film, Yet again not for children..

This film was a whole lot better with content this time around.. The film did have a little bit of sexual stuff, But didn’t have any nudity. Otherwise, It does contain a heavy amount of language ,violence, and don’t forget it also contains drug material.. Other than that, I Don’t think there is anything in this film a mature fourteen year old couldn’t handle.. Otherwise, Please be cautious when letting younger children view this..
Teen, 14 years old Written bydkasal000 January 26, 2015

Adult Written byjoshua martinez January 17, 2015

16 and up.

this second installment based on the first film 22 jump street is a disappointing comedy movie but still has some laughs to it stars with Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill this comedy movie is only for older adults and parents you need to know that 22 jump street has some style violence but nothing to intense although no sex and nudity shown expect some sex talk and some sex jokes there is constant strong language used and lots of drinking and smoking used.
Kid, 12 years old January 10, 2015

Hilarious comedy with crude jokes!

This movie is very funny and I really enjoyed it but there are some crude bits in it that parent may not like. Warning: there are many swears like around 90 F-words and around 4 pretty sexual/rude/crass bits but if you get over it, it is a very funny movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMavrah333 January 9, 2015

Hilarious

I havn't seen 21, but this film is pretty good. Its hilarious. However, there is lots of swearing and drugs, along with some sex references and violence.
Adult Written byJLemon113 December 27, 2014

Kid, 12 years old December 25, 2014

FUNNIEST EVER.

I think the main reason this got 15/R was because of language. It has been given= Contains strong language, sex references, violence. The violence is PG-13 probably even less than that. The main concern is language, f*ck is used constantly, motherf*cker, d*ck, b*tch, d*ck. Once or twice it says , 'shot my d*ck off. In my opinion, Contains frequent strong language, strong sex references.
Kid, 11 years old December 2, 2014

Depending on how mature is the child

Even though there are some F-Bombs stuffed in the movie. I think it is appropriate for age 13 and up. This movie is only Rated-R because of the language, drugs and drinking and some sexual content. Please remember though, there is language through out the movie. Even if your kid is 12 or under, he might be mature enough to watch this movie.
Adult Written bymardoggie2013 November 20, 2014

Teen, 15 years old Written byWhitelr November 18, 2014

Not bad for teens moving up in high school

I think 22 Jump Street was not that bad.I saw this in theaters with friends,and i did not think that there was going to be a greater amount of language than sex in the movie.But if you have 14 or 15 year olds in your household,this movie would suit their pleasures.This movie should have been rated PG-13 but the MPAA wanted it to be rated R toward its pervasive language shown throughout the film.I highly recommend this is not a movie for kids in elementary school.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMarvelgirl15 November 14, 2014

Funny, but some iffy moments

I finally got to watch this movie today and I thought it was pretty funny. There were moments where I laughed really hard, but there are some scenes that are a bit inappropriate. The main reason why this film is rated R is mostly due to the swearing in the movie. There is also a lot of violence, inappropriate jokes, drinking and drugs involved in the movie. On the positive side, Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill get into fights, but they realize that they do need each other in their lives to solve the case. I still think that compared to some other rated R comedy movies, this was not as inappropriate and was pretty hilarious overall. I would recommend this movie for teens 16+.
Adult Written bykipwalker44 November 4, 2014

Not as crude as its predecessor, but not as funny

'22 Jump Street' has plenty of laughs to offer, on the other hand, this movie doesn't hold up as much as the first, and isn't as memorable. The only reason this movie is rated R is because of the language. The sex is just people in their underwear, girls in skimpy bikinis, and PG-13 level references. No on-screen drug use, but the plot centers around this fictional drug called 'WHYPHY.' The violence is infrequent, PG-13 level, and portrayed comedically. Because of the excessive swearing, it's best to wait until you're 15 or older to see this movie. Suggested MPAA Rating: R for language throughout
Kid, 12 years old October 13, 2014

more appropriate less jokes

22 jump street is no where as near good as 21 jump street but unlike the first one it is more appropriate and more action so it depends what you want: comedy or action?
Teen, 14 years old Written byeazy__breezy October 5, 2014

Not as good as the first

It has a lot of harsh language, a lot of sexual innuendo and references, some violence, but overall delivers just not as well as the first. Frequent talk of sex makes this a bad choice for anyone under 13 and the frequent strong language make it not a great choice for young teens. I would suggest you preview the film before letting your kid watch it, it is pretty dirty.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew September 25, 2014

Much improved sequel has as much crude humor + violence as the first but laughs

My rating:R for crude sexual content,language,nudity,drug use all involving teens and comic violence
Teen, 14 years old Written bymonkaman September 8, 2014

It was soooo much better than the first one

It was pretty good and much more toned down than the first one. A lot of drugs (everything about them) same as the first and in my opinion, I think it might be more racist than the first one. But its definitely really funny, enjoyable and good for teenagers +
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieGuy2570 August 29, 2014

Funny sequel to hilarious reboot!

22 jump street is the sequel to the reboot of the 80s tv show. It was a very good movie in my opinion as I went to see it with my dad who also liked it. Like the first one, there is lots of strong language including F*** and Sh**. There is also some sexual content and references aswell. This is definitely not as violent as the first one as there are only a few shots to the leg, etc. overall, a fun action comedy!