All member reviews for 27 Dresses

Frothy wedding romcom is fun but filled with profanity.

Parent of a 13 and 15 year old Written byswtpeaami July 25, 2009
My daughter and I liked it. Typical sibling rivalry, loves lost, then new loves gained. Good chick flick. One "sex scene" didn't show anything embarrassing. Some language. Good message, blood is thicker than any problem. In the end, they're sisters and that is all that matters.
Teen, 13 years old Written byParamoreFan09 January 19, 2010

Ehhhh...

If you are a mature 10 year old... you can handle it. "s***" is used and "f***" once but it blurs out before you hear anything bad... you only hear fu**"... it was a pretty painful movie to watch because all of the horrible things that happen to the main character... Its one of those movies MADE to torture the main character. The only part I liked was when she was trying on all of her bridesmaid dresses-- so fun and colorful! :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byfroststar May 31, 2011

good!!but......

just lots of bad language and drinking!!!
Adult Written byschoonie April 9, 2008

How not to be a brides maid

Remembe that no is a great anwser. Jane cannot say no and realizes tht her life is not hers. Nice to be helpful but you have to take care of yourself first.
Adult Written bysamcousins April 9, 2008

Was hoping for more

It was ok. Didn't totally hold my attention. Was so hoping for more.
Written byAnonymous February 28, 2014

A favorite movie!

I love this movie! I love the characters and there are some great witty little remarks. I like that the characters continually make mistakes, it has a predictable storyline but those few twists and turns keep you captivated. Perfect chick-flick!
Parent of a 2, 4, and 7 year old Written bynewgirl1993 April 15, 2012

Not for young kids

This is a movie that i really like, but one i would not wach with my Littel kids around. Its a really good movie for teens and adults but not for young kids.
Kid, 12 years old May 14, 2011

The perfect chick-flick!

This is a movie worth watching 27 times! Awesome movie for girls and sleepover proof! Though a little parent guidance is needed.
Adult Written byFancyChristine15 October 7, 2010

All teens and adults

I love this movie. It is really cute and fun. Some talk about sex but that isn't what the movie is focused on. It's just a nice romantic comedy.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySomebodysMe July 24, 2009

Nothing New!

Doesn't it bug you when people say "on for 2" on a pg-13 movie? It's rated pg-13 for a reason! Anyhow, this movie was cute, but predictable! There were a couple innuendoes and uncomfortable, but nothing new for a romcom.
Adult Written byBoiseNoise April 9, 2008

Offensive and Vapid

This sounded like the type of movie I would really enjoy, but it was a big disappointment! The offensive language and behavior was constant and distracting. Yes, there was a perpetual barrage of filthy words that I would rather not have to listen to at all, ever. Even worse, the leading man was prone to quoting scripture in a sarcastic way ("love is patient, love is kind, love is slowly going out of your mind"); and the leading lady at one point casually remarked, "I am Jesus." Talk about offensive!!! Behavior ranged from bad to worse: in just one example, the main character's BEST FRIEND slaps her in the face-- hard!-- as a "reality check," to which Jane meekly responds, "I deserved that." I got up and left before the end of the movie. There is no way I would take kids of any age to see this; it isn't even appropriate for thinking adults.
Kid, 11 years old January 15, 2014

Great Movie!

It is really a great movie. I suggest it for girls 10 and up. The only reasons it got it's pg 13 age rating is because it has mild language and the characters have a beer or two.
Adult Written bybitesizemoviereview August 6, 2012

Fun, lighthearted, some innuendo

This movie is so fun to watch! There is some language (no f-bombs, though). There are a few scenes of kissing, but the two are fully clothed and it's short. Probably what parents want to pay attention to is the sexual innuendo, mostly from minor characters. Otherwise, this movie is an enjoyable chick flick that can serve as a segue way for serious family talks about love and marriage.
Teen, 14 years old Written bygabriella.aghazarian May 22, 2011

i think it should be for 13 year olds and up

i love it i have it on dvd its soo funny :L xx
Teen, 13 years old Written bybb20girl May 21, 2011

Cute Movie for Teens

It is romantic and cute. It is definitely a good chick flick. There is a little bit of language, sexual content, and drinking but not much. It is an adorable movie though.
Kid, 12 years old May 8, 2011

not for tweens

Teen, 13 years old Written byAthena Keene May 6, 2011

Great For Young Adults Seeking a Movie About KNowing Who You Are. Family Values, and A Litlle Majic!

i loved this! Katherine Heigl brings her positive funny classy self into evry movie she starts in. i love her in this. after being a bridesmaid she finally gets her dream. (Great for youung adluts and mauture kids) adults of course get a kick out of this too
Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe May 26, 2010
I simply loved this movie! Kathrine Heigl is an excellent actress and she portrays the lonely, always-the-bridesmaid type perfectly. James Marsden is a dashingly handsome fellow and his performance is adorable! A must see :)
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

One of My Favorite Movies Ever!!

I'm 11, and I think it was probably good for 11+. It had a lot of language, but nothing really bad. I think it was pretty predictable, but it had lots of twists. And James Marsden is delicious!! (lol)
Teen, 14 years old Written byProjektor July 24, 2015

This is good romantic comedy, but this is'nt very good film.

This film have some sexual references and one very mild and brief sex scene in car. And this movie have some drinking.