All teen and kid member reviews for 28 Days Later

Teen, 14 years old Written bygraciepie99 August 15, 2013

Gracie's review

I first watched this movie aged 13. I'm Bipolar and one of my traits is that I'm not easily disturbed. At all. I sat through the whole movie and didn't even flinch. For a normal child, I would say keep a close eye on your child, watch it with them, and if they get scared, turn it off immediately and watch something a bit brighter as it is quite a grim movie. I would say the most disturbing part is when the soldiers lure the survivors into their fortress to rape them.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 February 14, 2012

A much better job than 28 Weeks.

Unlike its sequel,28 Weeks Later,28 Days Later dosent rely on heavy gore and blood to shock viewers.The movie pulls you into the atmosphere right at the beginning and manages to artistically feel what the characters are feeling,a sense of hopelessness.Very suspenseful and gory,28 Days Later dosent deserve a not for kids but it's not recommended for squeamish,although I can say that I have watched this when I was 6 and have still remained fine to this days.Danny Boyle's films rock!
Kid, 11 years old July 23, 2013

Good, fun, complex apocalypse action drama

This movie is great but not for the feint of heart, some parts are absolutely terrifying and violent but ok for 15 and up. (Do not waste your time with 28 weeks later its not nearly as good as this)
Teen, 14 years old Written byJurassicTimes February 27, 2012

Give this one a think-through.

I first watched this movie when I was 12. I enjoyed it personally though it's not the best "zombie" flick I've seen, it's certainly up there. There is no doubt I could have watched this at a younger age had I been interested in "the infected" back then. Any kid looking for a good movie, or a real thriller will love this movie. I say 10 is a decent age, but make sure you know your kid. Some kids can't stand these types of movies until they are past 16 years old.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypersonator July 12, 2010

Zombie movie, no duh violence and swears

This is so funny because I got this movie yesterday and haven't watched it yet. I went here to know what to expect. I guess wither or not the kids need to watch it depends on how easy they scare. If they don't like blood, it seems like a no go, but what do you expect from a zombie movie(they're actually not zombies, more like infected people since they're still alive)? I personally like zombie movies and don't mind blood and gore, so it sounds cool to me. Parents beware of language and make sure your kids know not to repeat it because THERE'S GONNA BE A LOT. Of course, that's just another factor people normally put in these sort of movies. Someone bits your arm off, just blow your top off and curse for all the kids instead of simply saying 'ow'. Other than that, I'm looking forward to seeing it! Disclaimer: I haven't watched it yet, just read the reveiws
Teen, 14 years old Written byZach1500 May 28, 2010

i thought it was good and nothing bad to my perspective. I love zombie movies and this was one of my first ones and it wasnt scary at all
Kid, 12 years old May 17, 2010

entertaining, but not scary

an interesting movie. It's one of the first fast zombie movies. Too bad it's not scary.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjake7642 March 28, 2010

if you dont mind some blood then you are fine

it is a good movie. although there is reference to rape, it is not direct and younger kids wouldnt really understand what there talking about. this movie has blood but thats it, the only real problem is zombie violence. at first the characters say how there is nothing more important than survival, after a while they learn the true values of having one another and love. i respect this movie because the blood is not in it for shock value, but just because its necessary to make it seem realistic. it shows that you can have a good horror movie without the extreme special effects and gore. in a good way, the movie is dull. it has a bad camera and very odd cinematography. it is good because it makes it seem realistic, it wants you to feel like thats what would really happen. there wouldnt be all these explosions and stunts and things, more just like a guy walking around and finds one or two zombies, just enough to give you a freight. there is frontal male nudity, but it is only about a 3 second shot. it is not sexual at all, he is just waking up in the hospital and grabs a robe right away. nothing to worry about
Teen, 14 years old Written byIronZombie75 August 25, 2009

good for 14 and up

This is a really good movie, but its not quite as good as 28 weeks later, almost though. Very Bloody and Gorey at some parts and strong language. Also has 2 scenes of Nudity, one that has full male nudity, and the other that has female topless zombie nudity.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLoveMovies June 7, 2009

Don't watch this if you get freaked out by zombies!

This film is less scary than it's sequal 28 weeks later, so if you get scared by this I wouldnt watch the next one! I thought this was a very good film and its what got me into scary movies, I love it! :)

BEST HORROR MOVIE MADE!

This movie will go down as the best horror movie made. It will make you ask yourself if this could happen to our world (it probably can't.) Due to the plot, those who are easily scared should not watch this (I had nightmares for days after.) There is a very brief scene of nudity and lots of bloody violence Great film.
Teen, 14 years old Written bynumberdomino April 9, 2008

Fantastic

Christopher Eccleston did a great job in this film. One thing I really liked about this is that the major story isn't about zombies at all.This film is great and makes you think about the way the world is today.The violence was pretty graphic.The nudity in this felt strange because at first I didn't even notic it because of the context it was in(a man waking up from a coma). I would see this movie if you are 16 or up.
Teen, 16 years old Written byCurbspaget April 9, 2008

Boring

The problem with this movie is that while zombies exist in it, they don't play a major role. The only thing they really do is establish a reason for what's happening, and why nobody is there, other than that they're not involved in the story at all. It's just like any other "survival-horror" movie with zombies, but the final fight isn't against zombies, and neither is most of the movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypicker1208 April 9, 2008

Not very good...

When i saw the trailers for 28 weeks later i thought the original must not have been bad if they were making a sequel but this movie really wasn't much of a horror movie. You see few zombies which hardly do anything in the movie and the basic outline of the movie equals rape which really isn't a good subject to place a zombie flick around.
Teen, 15 years old Written byredcommander27 April 9, 2008

A compelling and disturbing testament of human brutality.

28 days later is more than just a zombie film. It isn't as action oriented as Dawn Of The Dead or as cliched as the Resident Evil series. It doesn't have unnecessary over the top violence thrown in for shock value. The characters are not hollow archetypes but realistic everyday people. They run much more than they fight. The film has low budget but realistic special effects and is directed in a frighteningly real style. And most importantly, the film has a driving and powerful message . It's almost offensive how the CSM reviewer missed it. The message is made very clear during the films climax. The message of the film is that of a beast within all of us, that if released could shake others with violence. In the end, we are no different than the senselessly enraged zombies. The film is extremely disturbing and violent, but as stated earlier, it' this way to convey a message. Not for shock value. If young viewers are mature and able to appropriately handle disturbing content and violence, then I recommend this film.
Teen, 15 years old Written byeazy__breezy June 29, 2015

Really good but really profane

Parents should know that this movie is very violent and intense, with tons and tons of language. Several uses of c-nt, many uses of f-ck and some other swears too. At one point it seems like a bunch of men who were supposedly good guys have the intention on raping a woman. This movie is not so much scary, as it is a drama. Oh, and one scene that may be very emotional or upsetting for some involves a main character getting infected right infront of his daughter. Best for 15+
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoltenskull February 11, 2015

An amazing movie that might bore some kids.

Please know that this movie has some pretty graphic scenes of both human and zombie death, a guy gets his hand cut off in an incredibly quick shot, another guy gets his eyes gouged and gets his head slammed into a brick wall until blood spews out. The most disturbing thing about this movie (that some kids won't pick up on, but I did when I was 12) is that they meet a couple soldiers and the soldiers take them to their base, the guy eventually figures out that the soldiers are rapists and they are trying to rape the 2 girls in his group. The movie has a moral too, which is pretty cool for a horror movie. There is also quite a lot of swearing, but your 8 year old is already cussing on the playground anyway. I saw this movie when I was 12 and it did not affect me but other kids might not be able to take some of the scenes.
Kid, 11 years old December 16, 2013

Great film

One of my favorite movies
Kid, 12 years old July 24, 2013

Not scary at all

Really good and entertaining and quite original! The least scary zombie movie ever!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bybranman894 April 15, 2013

28 Days Later delivers what you wanted to see

28 Days Later is a movie that can be considered a cult classic. The movie itself is good and Cillian Murphy does a good job with his role. Very enjoyable