All member reviews for 30 Days of Night

Very-bloody vampire movie lacks bite. No kids.

Teen, 14 years old Written bystormdog12 September 23, 2010

i never seen the rated R version....i seen the TV version....but there is this little girl who is a vampire and is sucking someone's blood. then she says 'I'm done playing with this one. Who wants to be next?' she ends up getting her head chopped off. it is really bloody....but the TV version I say 11+ but rated R version i think it would be 17+ but iffy....
Teen, 14 years old Written bymattcurls April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byGamer345 July 11, 2015

Awesome Bloody Vampire movie but not for any one under 13

Teen, 16 years old Written byGorilla G Swagger April 9, 2015

Keep caution

This movie is cool! I even remember watching it at 15. Man I was so TERRIFIED! There is so much gore though and you should definetely know that! If you show this to anyone younger than 13! You need therapy
Adult Written bydarthsitkur May 8, 2013

one of the goriest horror movies ever lol

I freakin love this movie lol, it's a really badass vampire horror flick with tons of blood and gore, the best scene is the rampage where the vampires slaughter everyone, that scene is awesome, and the bird's eye view is really cool where you see the blood splattered everywhere in the snow while the rampage is still going
Adult Written bychristian2011 November 20, 2012

Good scary vampire flick.

30 Days of Night really does display the characteristics and nature of the real-deal vampire; possessing their own eerie language, black eyes, rows of razor sharp teeth and talons, and pale white skin, plus it resembles their sadistic and brutal nature on the town folk. Warning, this movie contains very bloody and graphic imagery of bloodshed unleashed by hordes of seriously scary looking vampires. You see people get slashed, bitten, torn to pieces, eaten, and one man gets his head ripped off and planted on an iron pole (you only see the brutal aftermath). Another man gets bitten and is about to transform, but, he gets his head graphically chopped off with an axe by one of the main characters with gruesome results, and everything is clearly shown in explicit detail. Language is strong and frequent, with uses of f**k, sh*t, religious profanities, and anatomical terms, mostly said by people in terror and peril throughout the film. Anyway, if you're wanting to see a bloody, violent and thrilling vampire flick. This is the one because it shows how real vampires should act and look like, and doesn't fail. =)
Kid, 12 years old November 27, 2011

Best vampire movie ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not as gory a My Soul To Take but gory and more gross. A little scary. This movie is a little bit of a love story but the movie is more focusing on the vampires. This is a vampire movie. This is almost a not for kids movie but not yet there. Some scary and jump senes in this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySanjay407 October 28, 2011

Read

Rated R: Gory Violence, Graphic Language, and Average Drug Use
Teen, 13 years old Written byfangningsheng June 2, 2011

Gruesome and Gory, mature teens and adults only

30 Days of Night is EXTREMELY gory, with lots of graphic gore and scary vampires. People get their necks torn open, heads are blown and chopped off, necks are broken, and much, much more. One man's arm is even ripped off, with bone sticking out. 30 Days of Night can also be very scary depending on your tolerance for gore and scary movies. A man's head is also crushed under a vampire's boot. Suggested MPAA rating: R for strong bloody horror violence and gore, terror, and language/
Adult Written bycallofduty5 January 16, 2011

This movie was great! Very scary and gruesome, there's not much sex or profanity but still it's considered to be an R-rated film i myself liked it very much, so if you got kids age 15 or above and they want this film, be sure to talk to them first about it or watch it first.
Adult Written by2Simple October 30, 2010

Very intense!!

Extremely intense and bloody, it is still a fascinating movie. If your teens like horror, they will love this movie.
Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe May 26, 2010

This is a horribly scary movie! Only for adults and even then I'd say only those who truely love scary movies. My friends and I went to see it in theatres and I hid behind my friends jacket for most of the movie!
Kid, 11 years old February 25, 2010

SCary

Hmm very scary its like so gruesome and the vampires their EYES are like so creepy!
Teen, 14 years old Written byIronZombie75 December 18, 2009

Awesome vampire flick for Teens and up (really gory!)

Very bloody (and awesome) vampire movie! One of the goriest movies i've ever seen! A child vampire gets decapitated by an axe. Multiple vampires are shot at point blank range with shotguns, and get their heads and limbs blown off with gory detail. Really awesome movie, though! Great flick for Teens, horror buffs, etc.
Teen, 16 years old Written bykorn111 August 11, 2009

NO KIDS (and stupid)

i think you would my probaly have to be my age to see this movie NO KIDS
Teen, 15 years old Written byACDude800 July 13, 2009

Gory? Yes. Great? No, but still decent.

Just watched the movie. Very violent and gory, but not to the point where it feels perverse. The most graphic decapitation I've ever seen and a good bit of profanity, too. Nothing a mature teen can't handle. Not the most original movie ever, but still a good thriller that's worth watching for some nice scares.
Adult Written byYldnole June 3, 2009

NOT a kids movie

I saw this on cable and was surprised that it was pretty good. The issue is the repeted gore throughout the movie. Up there with Hostle and Saw.I'm not bothered by that stuff but this movie almost goes overboard.If you like that kind of flick you will like this.
Kid, 10 years old May 11, 2009

omg scary!!!

omg i was sooo scared wen i watched this. i was alone. i was sick (sore throat). and it was at night when no one else was home. i turned it on in the middle and the first thing i see: bloddy head. then a littl e 6 yr old vampire get her head chopped of. THEN there are like people in a bed and all you can see are outlines of heads. i was like 'dont pull off the sheet!!!' then i turned it off because i was so darn scared!!! like 14 and up very gore-y. oh and also the guy get his head smushed when a vampire puts his foot on his head then - pushes down.bloody!!! and a guy gets chopped in half.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLuminesca April 21, 2009

Not the Least bit Scary

I saw this movie when I was 12 and it wasn't scary in the least. There was a brutal murder of some sort every minute or so for a while after the sun goes down, but it went as any horror movie does. I think it's fine for ages 12 and up.
Adult Written byGamePlayer12 March 22, 2009