All member reviews for 300

Bloody, fanboyish retelling of an ancient battle.

Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe May 26, 2010

Ah, Gerard Butler :) haha He makes this movie. I love the story, 300 against so many more and yet bravely facing their deaths. I cried when I watched this movie. Beware of nudity though.
Adult Written byDr.Q November 16, 2009

Based on a history account. Well written.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 10, 2011

oh my god so much violence

The good stuff * Messages: Themes of underdog heroism and not bowing to corruption get a little lost in the blood and gore. * Role models: Even in the face of sure defeat, brave soldiers stand firm against tyrannous threats to freedom. A corrupt Spartan councilman is exposed as a traitor and brought to justice. But also some stereotyping based on Asian culture, as well as one character's physical disability. What to watch out for * Violence: Over-the-top battle-scene violence, including graphic decapitations, severed limbs, mutilated bodies piled high, arrow-filled torsos, etc. Young Spartan boys are forced to furiously fight each other. The Spartan mottos are "No retreat, no surrender" and "No prisoners, no mercy." * Sex: Extended love scene between Leonidas and the queen; viewers can see her nude breasts and his butt. The adolescent Oracle writhes and sways while wearing a sheer cloth that reveals her breasts. A character unwillingly has sex to procure a politician's favor. Although no nudity is shown in that scene, the aggessor whispers menacingly: "This will not be fast. You will not enjoy this." Xerxes' lair is depicted like an orgy, with various half-dressed Persian women kissing, moaning, and having sex. * Language: Colorfully worded insults like: "motherless dogs," "philosophers and boy-lovers," etc. * Consumerism: Not an issue. * Drinking, drugs, & smoking: Not an issue.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymanay_4511 September 20, 2010

Extremely terrible!!

This movie has alot of violence, and alots of sexuality/nudity. This is actually perfect for ages 17 and older.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymovieslug November 19, 2010

Epic movie. Leonidas rufuses to give in to trany. Cartoon stlyle vilonce/blood and gore
Kid, 12 years old November 22, 2009

very good movie it was really bloody though when he chopped off the giants head that was gruesome but overall it was a good movie
Teen, 14 years old Written byantoineisthebest April 10, 2011

for mature pre-teen

I don't gonna lies but this is awesome ,the war scene totally awesome I watched in theater with my brother (he was 8 at the time ) and my dad,since we couldn't to buy it in dvd (we got the first it came out)the war scene were violent and bloody(with close up and slow motions decapitations) we see the queen and leonidas having sexe but the movie is awesome
Kid, 12 years old February 12, 2011

Great adult horor movie not for anyone younger than 16

It was rated R for a reason. Very violent horor movie. Can even give teenagers nightmares.
Teen, 16 years old Written byapple boy 2 July 19, 2010

tereble

this is very historically inacurate, it is made by racist people that dont like persia and want to make persian people look like monsters
Parent of a 12 year old Written byvmaekegvjs.fknmsel February 26, 2011

Adult Written byDogcrazed March 13, 2011

Ok basically there is no redeeming value. It's for perverse people to get their jollies. I don't think movies like this should exist, it is historically inaccurate and serves no purpose. Orgies and rape? Yeah no thanks. I find it very upsetting. Especially the sex and senseless violence.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBestPicture1996 December 16, 2010

Stylish film, not historically accurate

As ironic as this sounds as parents/teachers usually tell kids not to watch violent films, my teacher told my class to watch this film if we could. Luckilly for me it was on TV the upcoming weekend, so I taped it. Most of my friends had already seen it and said it was very good, so I had high expectations. They were met! Very good film, extremely violent however. I learned about the Battle of Marathon and the 300 soldiers, and this film does not exactly do history justice, but it is ridiculously entertaining.
Kid, 12 years old January 9, 2011

Kid, 10 years old January 16, 2011

300 is a good movie. Well put together. But gory violence. People are beheaded, stabbing, arrow shooting. Blood splatters in the movie very frequently. I rented when I was 9 with my dad. The movie is AWESOME but gory. Kids from 10-14 should be ok. The sex scene you can fast-forward. It doesn't have anything to do with the story either.
Kid, 11 years old August 26, 2010

great movie kinda violent as long as u skip the odd scens wich any 11 year old would its good for a 11 year old as long as their no really immature
Teen, 13 years old Written byj♥j♥f♥ March 8, 2011

My Ancient Cultures teacher made us watch this movie in class. Though he did cut out many of the parts, the entire movie was pretty gruesome. Basically, the point of the movie was to just kill everyone and it was nasty. Hello? It was rated R? Don't watch it!
Kid, 11 years old May 2, 2010

love it! wasn`t as scary as i thought it would be. but preety bloodly. but i love the spartans and it is very insteristing. but one scary part show aton of people that are hanged and a child die in Leonidas hands. but its to scary for kids 12 and younger. good movie
Teen, 15 years old Written byMovieCrazyy April 9, 2008

i was amazed

i loved this movie it was very good, very violent and the sex was a little bit more graphic than i though it was going to be but overall i though it was a wonderful movie!
Adult Written byNinjaLlama April 9, 2008

Eye candy.

The main thing to remember about this movie is that it's pure eye candy. The story is old and everyone should know what they're getting into right off the bat, especially if you know anything about Frank Miller and any other movie or graphic novel he's associated with. The film is not very deep, but with a few side stories to break up the continuous battle scenes. Gritty, bloody, sexy and beautiful to watch.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTchero February 5, 2010

The review

Stunning visual effects and the most accurate representation of the battle of Thermopylae ever released. 300 is a terrific work of nonfiction by Frank Miller. Gerald Butlers best performance to date. 300 is truly the best movie of the year.