All member reviews for 300

Bloody, fanboyish retelling of an ancient battle.

Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 10, 2011

oh my god so much violence

The good stuff * Messages: Themes of underdog heroism and not bowing to corruption get a little lost in the blood and gore. * Role models: Even in the face of sure defeat, brave soldiers stand firm against tyrannous threats to freedom. A corrupt Spartan councilman is exposed as a traitor and brought to justice. But also some stereotyping based on Asian culture, as well as one character's physical disability. What to watch out for * Violence: Over-the-top battle-scene violence, including graphic decapitations, severed limbs, mutilated bodies piled high, arrow-filled torsos, etc. Young Spartan boys are forced to furiously fight each other. The Spartan mottos are "No retreat, no surrender" and "No prisoners, no mercy." * Sex: Extended love scene between Leonidas and the queen; viewers can see her nude breasts and his butt. The adolescent Oracle writhes and sways while wearing a sheer cloth that reveals her breasts. A character unwillingly has sex to procure a politician's favor. Although no nudity is shown in that scene, the aggessor whispers menacingly: "This will not be fast. You will not enjoy this." Xerxes' lair is depicted like an orgy, with various half-dressed Persian women kissing, moaning, and having sex. * Language: Colorfully worded insults like: "motherless dogs," "philosophers and boy-lovers," etc. * Consumerism: Not an issue. * Drinking, drugs, & smoking: Not an issue.
Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe May 26, 2010

Ah, Gerard Butler :) haha He makes this movie. I love the story, 300 against so many more and yet bravely facing their deaths. I cried when I watched this movie. Beware of nudity though.
Adult Written byDogcrazed March 13, 2011

Ok basically there is no redeeming value. It's for perverse people to get their jollies. I don't think movies like this should exist, it is historically inaccurate and serves no purpose. Orgies and rape? Yeah no thanks. I find it very upsetting. Especially the sex and senseless violence.
Kid, 12 years old February 12, 2011

Great adult horor movie not for anyone younger than 16

It was rated R for a reason. Very violent horor movie. Can even give teenagers nightmares.
Adult Written byDr.Q November 16, 2009

Based on a history account. Well written.
Adult Written bySPARTAN301 April 9, 2008

THE BEST MOVIE I'VE EVER SEEN!!!!!!!!!!

I am a true Greek. With a lineage that dates back to the days of Troy and Thessa. I have seen some good Greek movies. And I have seen some crappy Greek movies. And I must say, that the 300 is the BEST movie I have ever seen. It makes William Wallace and Brave Heart look like Sesame Street. Not to take away anything from William Wallace at all. Much respect to him. 300 is much like any other uprising or rebellion movie. But the actual story and visuals are breath taking. I can't wait to buy this movie on DVD. I just came home from seeing it. I plan to see it again tomorrow night. 5 stars just aren't enough for this movie. Remember. Remember the 300!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymanay_4511 September 20, 2010

Extremely terrible!!

This movie has alot of violence, and alots of sexuality/nudity. This is actually perfect for ages 17 and older.
Parent Written byPlague December 3, 2009

This is SPARTA!

A stunning movie with eyecatching computer animated effects. The war scenes were action-packed and delivered. Gives good messages to stand for what you beleive and those you love, and to be free.
Parent of a 11, 14, 16, and 18 year old Written bymarkaspinwall July 10, 2009

skip it; not missing anything

I took my 17 yr old son & buddy - thinking it would be just good, red-blooded American violence. But, nope, the nipple quotient was way too high for this dad. Besides the sex, movie was just plain stupid.
Adult Written bywhatever9696 April 9, 2008

Not as Good as i expected

Adult Written bydarthsitkur August 22, 2012

300 is incredible

this is the best war movie ever and i think it's better than glory, kingdom of heaven, the patriot, and braveheart, 300 has the craziest and most jaw dropping battle scenes you'll ever watch, i'm serious lol, and Gerard butler's performance as king Leonidas was amazing might I add
Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviefan24 May 14, 2012

Bloody war movie

Teen, 14 years old Written byantoineisthebest April 10, 2011

for mature pre-teen

I don't gonna lies but this is awesome ,the war scene totally awesome I watched in theater with my brother (he was 8 at the time ) and my dad,since we couldn't to buy it in dvd (we got the first it came out)the war scene were violent and bloody(with close up and slow motions decapitations) we see the queen and leonidas having sexe but the movie is awesome
Parent of a 12 year old Written byvmaekegvjs.fknmsel February 26, 2011

Kid, 10 years old January 16, 2011

300 is a good movie. Well put together. But gory violence. People are beheaded, stabbing, arrow shooting. Blood splatters in the movie very frequently. I rented when I was 9 with my dad. The movie is AWESOME but gory. Kids from 10-14 should be ok. The sex scene you can fast-forward. It doesn't have anything to do with the story either.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymovieslug November 19, 2010

Epic movie. Leonidas rufuses to give in to trany. Cartoon stlyle vilonce/blood and gore
Teen, 16 years old Written byapple boy 2 July 19, 2010

tereble

this is very historically inacurate, it is made by racist people that dont like persia and want to make persian people look like monsters
Kid, 11 years old May 2, 2010

love it! wasn`t as scary as i thought it would be. but preety bloodly. but i love the spartans and it is very insteristing. but one scary part show aton of people that are hanged and a child die in Leonidas hands. but its to scary for kids 12 and younger. good movie
Teen, 16 years old Written byTchero February 5, 2010

The review

Stunning visual effects and the most accurate representation of the battle of Thermopylae ever released. 300 is a terrific work of nonfiction by Frank Miller. Gerald Butlers best performance to date. 300 is truly the best movie of the year.
Parent of a 15 year old Written byhorsegurl22 January 14, 2010