All parent member reviews for 300

Parent of a 22 year old Written byfallout3 June 12, 2009

let your kids watch it

its the best ever let all kids watch it it should be pg
Parent of a 13 year old Written byMr. Boxbox April 9, 2008

NOT A HISTORY LESSON

superb film. beautiful scenery and amazing slow-mo blood-soaked action. although the film was almost completly unbelievable, its an action film. its ok for 13 and up. it was pretty violent, had a lot of blood and it had 3 parts where a head was severed in slow motion. it did have 2 sex scenes but they were pretty well censored and not explicit. violence=moderate to strong, sex=mild to moderate. its fine for 13+
Adult Written byjeepzter April 9, 2008

Great Movie

Lots of violence, blood and gore, and some sexuality. would recommend to anybody over the age of 17.
Adult Written byDavid427300 April 9, 2008

Adult Written bychristin April 9, 2008

Good movie

I really enjoyed this movie. I didn't mind the violence but the sex/nudity was a problem for me. It wasn't just one scene there were many. There was lots of kids there and I was frankly suprised that the parents would let young kids watch. I personally wouldn't watch it again just because of the sex/nudity scenes.
Adult Written byLocke April 9, 2008

I'm divided on this one...

This movie was excellent as far as cinematography and choreography goes. I love the settings and just how everything looks. However, it does have some seriously graphic violence. (close ups of severed heads and the like) Also, the nudity is a big issue. I wish they did not have to put that in there.
Adult Written byednjen April 9, 2008

Decent battle movie for adults but definitely not those under 18

If you like battles and war and graphic violence doesn't bother you, you might like this movie. However, there was also fairly graphic sex and nudity. I don't recomment it for anyone under 18.
Adult Written byfaierymajina April 9, 2008

Grinned through the whole thing

This has to be one of the greatest movies I have seen in a very long time. It was non stop battle with great visual effects! I would definitely pay to see this again can't wait to own this one!
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Best Movie I've ever seen

Amazing. That's the word for 300. The movie is based on the Spartan king defending his country ignorant of the politics. He takes his 300 best men out and find a strategic spot to fight the Persian army of hundreds of thousands. All in all, this is the best movie I've ever seen. Plan on watching it atleast one more time in theatres.
Adult Written byneilk April 9, 2008

I was underwhelmed

This movie is nothing but a cartoon on screen which celebrates violence. It does not teach us much about history since its plot is only loosely based on facts. Sexual situations are introduced without much of a context. Characters are cartoon-like. There is lots of special effects like a rhino charging at the Spartans. The fact is that no rhino was ever used in warfare. There are many fantasies bulit into the movie. The emperor of Persia, Xerxes, is shown to be a freak with multiple piercings on his face. All sets are digitally created. I can not think of the movie as anything more than a fantasy film full of violence. Surely, with so much money spent they can give us something better.
Parent Written byDarcy16 April 9, 2008

Parent of a 5, 9, 11, and 14 year old Written byJamesRobertson January 4, 2009

Adult Written byAnnapolis April 9, 2008

Adult Written byPontiusPilate April 9, 2008

Adult Written bycortney20 April 9, 2008

I was OFFENDED

I have never been so offended at a movie. The best part was when it ended. If you have an ounce of morality, chances are you will hate this movie. The violence, nudity, mysticism, and barbarism is offensive! I'm pregnant and even the baby was protesting the movie with violent kicks! If I had not been out with my husband's family, I would have left.
Adult Written byPATY April 9, 2008

(I CRIED! I LAUGHED!)

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST MOVIES I HAVE SEEN IN YEARS...
Adult Written bytessbabyy4 April 9, 2008

gladiator who??

300!!! Is one of the best old school war movies since Gladiator. There was never a dull moment and it didnt play by the rules. The nudity was ehh kinda over the top, the amount of boobs flashed wasn't completly necessary but it's not like we haven't all seen it before. The ending was one of the best parts...now im on the edge of my seat for a sequal. whoo-hew!
Adult Written bycleanocean April 9, 2008

Please don't take your 4 year old to this movie

My wife and I stumbled into this film and quickly noticed the theater was filled with young men/boys ages 16 - 20ish... This is one of the most violent movies I've seen in a long time. I agree it would mostly suitable for folks over 17, but what shocked me was as we were leaving we noticed two couples walking out with toddler, kids at the age of 3,4, 5 years old. As we were leaving we overheard a young girl (around 4yrs old) asking her Daddy a question about whether or not they were going to go back and save the hero and why he died, She seemed worried, distraught and traumitized by the impact of this film. This little girls worry broke my heart, having two young boys of my own, i couldn't fathom having to explain such complex graphic gore and violence to my young boys. Scenes of heads and limbs being chopped off, blood squirting everywhere, graphic sex scene.. this seemed borderline abusive for such a young mind. It really angered that the AMC Westgate Theatre in Glendale AZ would allow parents to drag their babies into this film. Call me niave, but I had no idea such a thing was possible.
Adult Written byDisneyFan April 9, 2008

Don't Take Your Kids

This movie is beautiful--but not for kids. I think this is why in some of the child reviews a few of them complain about the sex scenes. Well, this movie is made for adults, not for 13 year olds. And I, for one, was not offended by the love scene between a husband and wife--in fact, it was nice to actually see that sort of thing happening in a movie between a MARRIED couple! Aside from the sexuality of the movie, it is entirely too violent for kids--whether or not it is gory or realistic looking is beside the point. Kids are exposed to enough violence on regular TV, why make them sit for 2 hours staring at it?
Parent Written bymovie fan man's dad March 12, 2014

blood. guts, action!

there is nude in 300 and demons if your child/teen likes head chopping and blood and guts it is maybe fine only 3 times shown of nude my kids have not seen it they are only 8