All member reviews for 300

Bloody, fanboyish retelling of an ancient battle.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMovieCrazyy April 9, 2008

i was amazed

i loved this movie it was very good, very violent and the sex was a little bit more graphic than i though it was going to be but overall i though it was a wonderful movie!
Adult Written byParentsTakeResp... April 9, 2008

It's not that violent or disgusting

300 takes place in a time where war ruled and being nice got you killed. If my kid was 13, I'd let him watch it because it's not that bad.
Adult Written bywhatever9696 April 9, 2008

Not as Good as i expected

Adult Written bySPARTAN301 April 9, 2008

THE BEST MOVIE I'VE EVER SEEN!!!!!!!!!!

I am a true Greek. With a lineage that dates back to the days of Troy and Thessa. I have seen some good Greek movies. And I have seen some crappy Greek movies. And I must say, that the 300 is the BEST movie I have ever seen. It makes William Wallace and Brave Heart look like Sesame Street. Not to take away anything from William Wallace at all. Much respect to him. 300 is much like any other uprising or rebellion movie. But the actual story and visuals are breath taking. I can't wait to buy this movie on DVD. I just came home from seeing it. I plan to see it again tomorrow night. 5 stars just aren't enough for this movie. Remember. Remember the 300!!!!!!!
Adult Written bydudeman123 April 9, 2008

hmmmm...

well before I saw this movie almost everyone I knew said this was like there favorite movie. I was kind of disappointed though because I was expecting a lot of this movie it was good but it wasn't one of those movies where u say wow thats my favorite movie but overall it was good 14 and up
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew November 29, 2014

Extremly violent Greek take is about bloody ancient rome

My rating:R for graphic bloody violence and sexuality/nudity
Parent Written byHoldenPollak November 29, 2014

300 Review

This movie is certainly violent with detailed scenes of violence and some sexual activity.
Adult Written byNathan009 November 15, 2014

Good, but bit violently

I watched the film and though it was amazing. The sex was not as explicitly as I thought and the violence is ok.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySamuel B. October 7, 2014

although positive messages, really just cheesy bloodbath rife with sex

For all the movie's faults, it can still pleasantly waste a few hours of your time. Its battles are unrealistic, acting is mediocre, and sex is everywhere, the movie still conveys bravery and perseverance, ending with an emotional battle followed by the remaining Spartan warriors charging into another battle, conveying victory, defense of freedom, and hope. Gerard Butler's performance as Leonidas was quite good, although is Scottish accent came through a few times. Other warriors seemed genuine, as did his wife Gorgo (Lena Headey.) However, it's very inaccurate, and in no way a history movie. The Persian forces are represented brutally, and fight alongside giants and other Zack Snyder nonsense. Just keep in mind that it's an action flick, not a history drama.
Parent of a 6 year old Written byDorino Poollo O... August 11, 2014

Was showing this to my 6-Year Old Daughter

Love the nude scenes, I want my daughter to be one of those naked women when she grows up!
Teen, 14 years old Written byCyberyCBY July 16, 2014

LOL AT COMMON SENSE MEDIA

I am here to laugh at how dumb common sense media can be. The alternates section is so kids can find a movie/game that is more appropriate but "Troy" is the first one in the alternates section and it also has a " pause for 15 and under" on it. WTF
Teen, 13 years old Written byDajann June 18, 2014

Kid, 11 years old May 11, 2014

really good

i would let my 11 year old kid watch it on tv
Teen, 14 years old Written bymeleeman243 April 28, 2014

FOR SPARTA!

Great movie. Historically accurate? Kinda. What to watch out for? Nudity is present but no FULL frontal shots so its fine, nothing we havent seen a million times before. Theres some cool slo-mo action scenes, but some are especially bloody. Slow motion beheading close up, so you see the sword slowly passing through the neck and snapping tendons and stuff. A weird executioner who has had his arms replaced with blades, and hes pretty weird. Xerxes HQ is like an orgy with some goats in there too so yeah. If your kids are not educated in the birds and bees and similar info, or if theyre geeks who have tender minds, this is a no watch. Lots of blood, but its spilled pretty awesomely so no problem there. The movie could be a useful tool for introducing a kid to history. When i was like ten Leonidas was like my hero, and i was always looking for Spartan and Greek information books at the library and stuff. Got me interested in the Romans too, so use that. Do not allow small children, we dont want to warp any young minds do we? The movie is pretty inspiring, so for kids being bullied theyll really feel pumped at school, and give their bullies a good 'ole THIS IS SPARTA!!! kick in the gut. I recommend this movie, because its pretty dang exciting.
Parent Written bymovie fan man's dad March 12, 2014

blood. guts, action!

there is nude in 300 and demons if your child/teen likes head chopping and blood and guts it is maybe fine only 3 times shown of nude my kids have not seen it they are only 8
Teen, 16 years old Written byStevie111 February 14, 2014

Bloody Spartan Action Movie

Lots of bloody battles and an extremely high body count. Some sexual scenes with nudity. For mature action loving teens and up.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviesandmore January 5, 2014

not for youngsters

throughout this graphic tale of Leonids it definitely had a lot of sex and violence. You see breast constantly throughout the film ( at least 4-times). That's not the issue here though it's the violence. You see necks slit, many graphic stabbings and 3 very graphic(and realistic) decapitations which were very bloody and emotional at the Same time.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJovan flute October 19, 2013

great movie but very extreme for a kid who has not been exposed to gore. It is an intense ancient war movie. At times it can be disturbing but for the most part its a great movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEric Paul September 24, 2013

Bad movie

100% extreme violence
Teen, 14 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 July 28, 2013

epic, fun-filled action flick teaches history and shows tons of blood

a great way to learn some quick history and to witness epic battles. this adaptation of the Frank Miller graphic novel is an awesome movie, with loads of action and quick facts about the Battle of Thermopylae. but some of the gruesome violence is too intense for younger teens. this film overflows with massive fights and gushing blood. people are stabbed, slashed, beaten, cut, shot with arrows, gored, dismembered, impaled, and decapitated. some enemies are deformed and look like monsters. a mound of dead bodies is shown and pushed over. a massive, orc-like monster fights Leonidas and is beheaded. a death of the son of one of the main characters is shown in slo-mo. in fact, most of the action is shown in slow, stylized fashion. early on, a boy is beaten and trained to fight. another scene shows Persians being kicked into a pit. a rhino impales and stabs a few Persians, while elephants tumble off a cliff. and all of it is complete with spurting blood and flying limbs. asides from the strong violence, is a sex scene with nudity and other scenes with naked breasts.