Bloody, fanboyish retelling of an ancient battle.

The best movie I have seen this year!!!!!

Yes the sex is a rob;em but you could easily skip it. The violence is iffy but if your kid is about to turn 13 (like me) or older its ok. But altogether a great masterpiece, great cinamatorgraphy!!!
Adult Written bycbouch27 April 9, 2008

good enough

over rated but still good
Teen, 15 years old Written byMovieBuffMan123 April 9, 2008

frank miller classic

great movie frame by frame of what the original graphic novel was, not for children or young teens
Adult Written bymelissaardenyi April 9, 2008

Never Judge a book by its cover

When my husband brought this movie home, I looked at the dvd and I wasnt too thrilled about watching it. It appeared to have lots of gore and fighting and not much of a storyline. In keeping an open mind, though, I decided to watch it. I was pleasantly suprised at the storyline it presented and its abundance in history. The movie had a pretty good storyline but it did have a tendency to drag in some areas. The acting was mediocre since it appeared that the actors were reading lines in some parts and didnt show the emotion that the lines should have. Over all, I did like the movie and recommend anyone who would like to learn a little more about Spartain history woudl enjoy this movie. However, make sure the kids are at a slumber party cause it isnt for the eyes of little ones.

Very good movie

One of my favorite movies, the nudity I dont think is really a problem, cause just about every 9 or 10 year old knows about sex and boobies. When the deformed guy was at Xerxies palace or whatever i do think the girl on girl action was kinda inapropriate though .Now the violence, my 8year old bro saw it and he thought it was sooo cool. but it is very gory and lots of death, and decapations, and at the end lots of dead spartans with lots of arrows inside of them. The movie it self was very enjoyable and ntertaining

wonderfull movie

great looking movie. the blood looked so fake that it was cool. the sex was like around the world but there is only that main bab scene. my MOM loves the blood it was not gory at all. if you like LORD OF THE RINGS you will like this. WONDER FULL MOVIE
Teen, 13 years old Written byyugiohsux April 9, 2008

I'm Stuck

I don't know what to put down if I think this movie is OK for 13 year olds... I think that some 13 year olds will be OK with this movie, then again, ANYONE can watch a movie, it's the PARENTS that make the judgement that they can or not. almost ALL of the kid reviews on here say that this movie is OK for their age because the movie was awsome. I can't argue with that, the movie was pretty good, but if they want to rate movies, go on IMDB not common sense media. this website is about the parents choosing the children's programs or ovies of which they can watch. now, let's get to a point here... the sex. The sex is iffy. If your child has seen movies with nudity in them, or has gone through sex education, then this movie should be OK; but this movie isn't kid friendly at all anyway. The violence is hard to talk about though. It almost looks like paper because the producer (Frank Miller) wanted this movie to relate to the comic book of which he created, and I respect that. but the violence is pretty graphic. If your child watches this, you may want to talk about war and how the violence was exagerrated. (There were no monsters, trolls, and imaginary creatures in the actual war.) The language isn't an issue. The worst that is said is "Motherless Dogs". The social behavior isn't the best either. King Leonidas kicks a BLACK-Persian into a well. The Greeks and Persians fight each other constantly. The ads in this movie... there is none, but the movie IS known enough on the internet, TV, and in maginzines a lot. The movie is one of the most overrated movies of all time. Their are no drugs in this movie, nor booze. Know Your Kid/Kids II I'll give this movie a pause because of it's graphic violence, but mostly it's sex. (Hint for parents: if a movie that takes place in africa, or an old aztec war movie like "Troy", "Kingdom Of Heaven" or this, you should expect sex in them in the future) thanks for reading. this movie is for ages 16 and up. it deserves it's R rating.
Adult Written bydudeman123 April 9, 2008

hmmmm...

well before I saw this movie almost everyone I knew said this was like there favorite movie. I was kind of disappointed though because I was expecting a lot of this movie it was good but it wasn't one of those movies where u say wow thats my favorite movie but overall it was good 14 and up
Teen, 15 years old Written bymovie crazy 1 August 28, 2016

really ?

ok so I watched this when I was 12 and I loved it. I usually get really scared at movies like this but I wasn't scared. and its not that bad because I watched it in school ! yeah that's right its so tame that as a 6th grader we watched it in class. rated R please ! not really because its fine for teens and pre teens.
Teen, 16 years old Written byHeheGonzalo August 16, 2016

My rating: R for violence, language and a sex scene

Parent Written bymattbruns3 August 11, 2016

Very violent movie

This movie has graphic violence and gore. It also has a scene of sexuality.
Teen, 15 years old Written byThe age judge July 30, 2016
Kid, 11 years old June 29, 2016

GREAT movie!

Very juicy action packed movie. Contains war, nudity, and some scenes not suitable for some twelve year olds. Very good movie, also somewhat educational. The story takes place in greece, while the Spartans were thriving. A great empire threatens to take greece's land, and the fierce Spartans hold their heads high, with an army of 300, against over 1000. This movie gives pride to the spartans. It shows how powerful they were to slay almost ALL of the greatest empire in the world. In the end, they perish with glory. Amazing movie that keeps you on the edge of your seat all throughout! Many details and scenery is beautiful, while you watch the Spartans great combat skills! Now, I hope your a spartans fan... this will be an exceptional movie expirience.
Kid, 9 years old June 4, 2016

Entertaining but slow action fantasy movie is extremely bloody and violent.

My rating:R for bloody violence, language, and a sex scene.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySlendyDaMan March 11, 2016

Brutal but good

This movie has very frequent bloody and gory scenes. The violence is extreme. There is a sex scene with topless nudity. Overall really good movie, but very explicit
Adult Written byDanny21 February 25, 2016

Not suitable for people under 15.

Is has strong violence and a sex scene (about 40 seconds long).
Teen, 13 years old Written byTARDIS Tourist December 29, 2015

300 retells famous Greek battle in a discusting way.

Blood and gore fest, blood sprays on screen frequently. All violence pretty much is in slow motion.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy Brew July 24, 2015
Parent of a 13 year old Written bylovingparent2002 May 26, 2015

FOR EVERYBODY!

Watch this movie!
Adult Written byAwesomeness142 May 25, 2015

Violent

This movie is very violent and bloody. There are some very inappropriate scenes. There really isn't much of a storyline. It's just a lot of fighting and dying. It's still a pretty good movie.