All member reviews for 300

Bloody, fanboyish retelling of an ancient battle.

Kid, 11 years old November 24, 2009

perfect gorey bloody movie your kids want!!

an amzing movie for teens not for me though!
Teen, 14 years old Written byPenguinFan November 11, 2009

Nice war movie if you're into spewing blood

This movie could have been really good if it hadn't been drowned in the bloodbath that it is. Battles take up almost the entire second half of the film and are all really blood including severed limbs, spewing blood and decapitations (although the fights themselves are very good). There is also a sex scene between Leonidus and the queen (although it's not very explict). The best part is when the Spartans make their last stand, as it is dramatic and exciting without being too gory.
Teen, 14 years old Written byIronZombie75 November 4, 2009

Good war movie for 14-15 and up

This movie is pretty good. I liked it. It does contain Graphic Bloody violence (animated, but still blood) and it also has a sex scene with nudity, as well as some other instances of nudity.
Adult Written byuytt2 November 2, 2009

cool fighting sequenses

this movie is awsome it has cool fight sequences. it also has good acting from gerald butler the only complain is the slow motion its to much and that kind of ruins the movie for me.
Teen, 17 years old Written byluvanger October 11, 2009

An alright movie with historical value, but not a good choice for people disturbed by gore.

It's a pretty good movie with historical value, even if it does have some inaccuracies. It really helped me understand the mentality of the Spartans, and gave me a better insight into what they were like. I do recommend this to teens, due ti its historical value, but it's still much to explicit for kids, with a great deal of gory deaths and occasional sex scenes. Of course, that's the way it was back then, but it's still something that doesn't need to be viewed by little eyes.
Kid, 12 years old October 1, 2009

This blood soaked superb blood bath is simply amazing. As the 300 spartans jump out onto the screen, they leave a gory path of devastation behind them. Nearly everything in this movie is CGI, even the Spartans nipples and hair apparently! Not for the kids.
Teen, 17 years old Written byDrac017 October 1, 2009

A nice bloody summer action flick.

While the Hollywood-iation of the Spartans was less than enjoyable, it was still a good movie. I recall doing a rescearch project on the Spartans after watching it, on how they always trained their young to be soldiers from the get go.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysweetie1025 September 26, 2009

Wonderful movie!

I love this movie! If you don't want your kids to see the sex scenes [very awkward] then just skip past them. It is definately a movie worth watching.Just watch it first so you know where to skip.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMoviefan101 September 13, 2009

Violent, but Historical factor to Ancient Greece

300 is by far the best historical film i've seen in my life. It is about the historical battle of thermoapalye with the 300 spartans against a 1,000,000 persians. the violence for the most factor is the battles. Anyway someone can get killed they show it. Overall anybody who learned about this historical battle will like it
Teen, 14 years old Written byPJH September 8, 2009

Good for History

I like this movie. Even though there is alot of sex, it does capture the essence of the Spartans. As someone who has just studied this battle in History, I think it is a good representation.
Adult Written byMovie Man August 15, 2009

Not Great, but Very Good and, Quite Frankly, Awesome.

I really enjoyed this clever blend of genres. It was The Matrix meets Troy. I truly enjoyed the battle sequences; they were magnificent; awesome! But, some protracted portions of the film were boring, which is why I deducted points of how well made it was.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMiraclexBlazer July 30, 2009

Amazing repersintation of history

A king who will sacrifice his life for his people's freedom is a better theme than the sugary-pop let's all get along annoying tone of High School Musical for teens. And the two people engaging in the sex scene are married which can't be said for most movies. All in all this movie is very gory but is a very good representation of ancient Greek history. Gerard Butler did an amazing job capturing the courage of King Leonidas. I suggest that if your young teen wants to see it, let them but be sure to be there the first time they see it.
Teen, 17 years old Written byoctober1985 July 17, 2009

Teen, 13 years old Written byx495 July 2, 2009

Parents should know that this movie is literally filled with blood. Heads are sliced off, limbs are hacked, and torsos are stabbed and shot at with arrows. Blood flows, splatters, and spurts. There are several explicit sex scenes, including an orgy and brutality is encouraged. Older teens would do fine with this film.
Teen, 16 years old Written byyummyyummy81694 July 1, 2009

O My God

this movie is so great. I really like all of zak snyders movies. U shud watch them
Parent of a 22 year old Written byfallout3 June 12, 2009

let your kids watch it

its the best ever let all kids watch it it should be pg
Parent of a 11, 12, and 14 year old Written bynice mom 123 May 18, 2009

This movie should be watched by 12 year olds around the world! It teaches them what breasts and butts are. Profanity is good for kids! Blood is also good for kids, it lets them know how reality is!
Teen, 17 years old Written bycopperzinc April 6, 2009

Adult Written byGamePlayer12 March 21, 2009

WHAT?? 15 year olds shouldent watch this movie at all. Theres soo much blood and gore and legs and heads and arms ugh its crazy violence. Then you see a womens breast fully when shes having sex with the main character.
Parent of a 12 year old Written bytitianmom January 21, 2009

Not for kids

Unless you think it's okay to let children watch some guy sodomizing a woman or body parts flying through the air...