Bloody, fanboyish retelling of an ancient battle.

Teen, 15 years old Written byEvan182 February 19, 2010

If you are easily offended by graphic violence or nudity. Well skip this one. I'm pretty sure parents are more concerned about the nudity so.... 300 shows naked breasts in around 4 scenes as far as I can remember. It also has a semi graphic sex scene. The violence is slow motion dismemberment and shows a few decapitations. Also you will almost constantly see blood. Great movie if you or your children can handle it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byzazmopepperz February 17, 2010
Really good film, loved it ever so much. The sex though is really explicit, I mean I usually see such scenes in 18+ movies (here in the UK its 15+). As for the violence its just over the top, which I think is good but others won't. Also all the asians in this movie are either freaks or monsters. I am asian but I didn't take offense to it (but my dad sure did lol). Anywho, a legend of a film but only for the maturest of teens.
Kid, 12 years old January 30, 2010
I loved it , it was a good movie , the sex parts might be a bit of a problem though , but this is like a history movie , look real close to it to see a message , "NEVER GIVE UP!"
Kid, 12 years old January 25, 2010
i love i like the violence it is a good good movie everything is wonderful in it it is awesome
Teen, 13 years old Written byEntropy January 19, 2010

This is an interesting interpretation of the 300 Spartans, although not entirely historically accurate. It is entertaining to watch, and has amazing fight sequences. This movie is a complete bloodbath, the entire second half of the movie is filled with non-stop bloody, gory, battles. Decapitations, impalement, etc... quite a bit of which is shown in slow-motion. Blood is literally everywhere, I cannot emphasize enough, how incredibly violent this film is. As for Sex, there are some very explicit scenes with that as well. Including a rather extended scene between King Leonidas and his wife. The "Oracle's" breasts are seen briefly. And there is a very disturbing scene in the Xerxes tent. It is pretty much an orgy filled with naked women kissing and having sex. Not much language in this film, so not too bad in that regard. All in all, this is an entertaining representation of a classic plot. Obviously, NOT FOR KIDS. It should be alright for most older teens.
Teen, 13 years old Written by9001 December 23, 2009

Adults Only

Extreme graphic violence and disturbing sexuality scenes are definitely not for kids.
Kid, 11 years old November 24, 2009

perfect gorey bloody movie your kids want!!

an amzing movie for teens not for me though!
Teen, 14 years old Written byPenguinFan November 11, 2009

Nice war movie if you're into spewing blood

This movie could have been really good if it hadn't been drowned in the bloodbath that it is. Battles take up almost the entire second half of the film and are all really blood including severed limbs, spewing blood and decapitations (although the fights themselves are very good). There is also a sex scene between Leonidus and the queen (although it's not very explict). The best part is when the Spartans make their last stand, as it is dramatic and exciting without being too gory.
Teen, 14 years old Written byIronZombie75 November 4, 2009

Good war movie for 14-15 and up

This movie is pretty good. I liked it. It does contain Graphic Bloody violence (animated, but still blood) and it also has a sex scene with nudity, as well as some other instances of nudity.
Adult Written byuytt2 November 2, 2009

cool fighting sequenses

this movie is awsome it has cool fight sequences. it also has good acting from gerald butler the only complain is the slow motion its to much and that kind of ruins the movie for me.
Teen, 17 years old Written byluvanger October 11, 2009

An alright movie with historical value, but not a good choice for people disturbed by gore.

It's a pretty good movie with historical value, even if it does have some inaccuracies. It really helped me understand the mentality of the Spartans, and gave me a better insight into what they were like. I do recommend this to teens, due ti its historical value, but it's still much to explicit for kids, with a great deal of gory deaths and occasional sex scenes. Of course, that's the way it was back then, but it's still something that doesn't need to be viewed by little eyes.
Kid, 12 years old October 1, 2009
This blood soaked superb blood bath is simply amazing. As the 300 spartans jump out onto the screen, they leave a gory path of devastation behind them. Nearly everything in this movie is CGI, even the Spartans nipples and hair apparently! Not for the kids.
Teen, 17 years old Written byDrac017 October 1, 2009

A nice bloody summer action flick.

While the Hollywood-iation of the Spartans was less than enjoyable, it was still a good movie. I recall doing a rescearch project on the Spartans after watching it, on how they always trained their young to be soldiers from the get go.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysweetie1025 September 26, 2009

Wonderful movie!

I love this movie! If you don't want your kids to see the sex scenes [very awkward] then just skip past them. It is definately a movie worth watching.Just watch it first so you know where to skip.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMoviefan101 September 13, 2009

Violent, but Historical factor to Ancient Greece

300 is by far the best historical film i've seen in my life. It is about the historical battle of thermoapalye with the 300 spartans against a 1,000,000 persians. the violence for the most factor is the battles. Anyway someone can get killed they show it. Overall anybody who learned about this historical battle will like it
Teen, 14 years old Written byPJH September 8, 2009

Good for History

I like this movie. Even though there is alot of sex, it does capture the essence of the Spartans. As someone who has just studied this battle in History, I think it is a good representation.
Adult Written byMovie Man August 15, 2009

Not Great, but Very Good and, Quite Frankly, Awesome.

I really enjoyed this clever blend of genres. It was The Matrix meets Troy. I truly enjoyed the battle sequences; they were magnificent; awesome! But, some protracted portions of the film were boring, which is why I deducted points of how well made it was.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMiraclexBlazer July 30, 2009

Amazing repersintation of history

A king who will sacrifice his life for his people's freedom is a better theme than the sugary-pop let's all get along annoying tone of High School Musical for teens. And the two people engaging in the sex scene are married which can't be said for most movies. All in all this movie is very gory but is a very good representation of ancient Greek history. Gerard Butler did an amazing job capturing the courage of King Leonidas. I suggest that if your young teen wants to see it, let them but be sure to be there the first time they see it.
Teen, 17 years old Written byoctober1985 July 17, 2009
Teen, 13 years old Written byx495 July 2, 2009
Parents should know that this movie is literally filled with blood. Heads are sliced off, limbs are hacked, and torsos are stabbed and shot at with arrows. Blood flows, splatters, and spurts. There are several explicit sex scenes, including an orgy and brutality is encouraged. Older teens would do fine with this film.