Bloody, fanboyish retelling of an ancient battle.

Teen, 13 years old Written bybluepie93 April 9, 2008

blah blah

this movie is for 16 and up. A bit to much sex but thats ok (lol) JK.
Adult Written byAnnapolis April 9, 2008
Adult Written byLorij! April 9, 2008
Teen, 17 years old Written byrobots in disguise April 9, 2008

This is up there with Gladiator and Black Hawk Down

This movie is gory but anyone who can stand that(like most teenagers today) only have one problem: nudity. Thankfully there are only 3 certain scenes that pose a problem. skip them and this is an AMAZING movie! Get a DVD and press the skip button at these three points: 1.When the king is standing w/ his back to you looking out the window and its dark, 2.When the old prophet guys say they're going to consult the oracle, 3.When the hunchback is in Xerxes tent. You learn nothing from scenes 1 and 3 anyway. All you learn from scene 2 is that the oracle says don't go to war which means the spartan council doesn't want to. Enjoy!
Teen, 16 years old Written byhalo127 April 9, 2008
I really like this movie. The blood looked just like it did in the comic book and the sex was mostly the big issue. I can't explain it but the blood slinging was as horrible as people are making it out to be, you just got to see it. There is a graphic sex scene, but at least there married i think, in most movies its with random people or there boyfriends and g/f. There were people in middle school around where i live who went to go see it, i dont really agree with that but i think its okay for 15+.
Adult Written byrickylaroca April 9, 2008

DO NOT SEE VERY VIOLENT

Adult Written bychristin April 9, 2008

Good movie

I really enjoyed this movie. I didn't mind the violence but the sex/nudity was a problem for me. It wasn't just one scene there were many. There was lots of kids there and I was frankly suprised that the parents would let young kids watch. I personally wouldn't watch it again just because of the sex/nudity scenes.
Adult Written byPontiusPilate April 9, 2008
Teen, 17 years old Written byticatime242 April 9, 2008

NOT SOMETHING FOR KIDS!!!

i don't understand why some parents are letting their 12 year olds and even 4 year olds into these movies. kids do have eyes you know! although it has major violence and the sex is a bit much, it is just a movie. but it is not a movie that young children and even kids under 17 should see. and people wonder why kids are so violent.
Adult Written byLocke April 9, 2008

I'm divided on this one...

This movie was excellent as far as cinematography and choreography goes. I love the settings and just how everything looks. However, it does have some seriously graphic violence. (close ups of severed heads and the like) Also, the nudity is a big issue. I wish they did not have to put that in there.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBrandons Movies April 9, 2008

Truly Amazing Film Most For Action Junkies And Fans Of The Graphic Novel!

300 is about 300 hundred spartans verus a millon persians obviously not a completely accurate historical analogy of the battle of Thermopoly so if your looking for a history lesson you are out of luck. If you did see the history channel right before 300 went in to theaters the spartans had a thousand and persians had 50 thousand i belive but yournot asking for a history lesson you are asking yourself is this ok for my child. The blood doesnt look like blood at all it looks like the graphic novel there is alot of blood even though it is fake looking the violence is still hard core people get there arms and legs cut off and when heads are cut off they are done in slow motion so you see the inside of the head but it is quick and pretty easy to tell when they cut the heads off because of the angles the peolpe are at but. It would be very easy to close your childs eyes though.There is some nudity as well as a sex scene the sex scene is quite long and there are 2 more scenes of nudity. there is no swearing exept for hell and damn and a reference to a female dog. all in all the fan boys and action junkies wont be disappointed. the story tells of the ultimate underdog story i hope you enjoy the film!
Adult Written byLonesomeCrow April 9, 2008

Awesome, but not for kids!

I loved the movie, but I would never let anyone under the age of 17 see it, as it was one of the most violent movies I've ever seen! Don't get me wrong, it was wonderfully made, but don't let your kids see it until they are at least 17!!
Adult Written bytoosiegirl2 April 9, 2008
This movie would have been very good minus the grotesque sex scenes. It was completely inappropriate, especially an orgy scene in Zertsy's dwelling. During the orgy scene, there was a man that had a head of a goat, which I saw as near demonic. There was also nude women engaging sexually w/each other. The whole part disturbed me so much that I almost walked out of the theater. Even worse, someone next to me had her children with her that all looked under the age of 10. They looked very uncomfortable, hiding their eyes, and biting their fingernails. YIKES!
Teen, 15 years old Written byexplosiveMOO April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byeifjhgrgjnur April 9, 2008

l love this movie

this actually is a history lesson with lots of violence and sex. this is probably the best movie of 2007 so far

My expressions to this movie are, 0_0 :0 = )

Wow...wow wow wow. This was an amazing movie. Parents, KNOW YOUR KIDS! I was pretty much begging my parents untill they let me see this movie; and because i've been studying the Battle of Thermopalae like crazy. If you don't believe me...The swords that the Spartans used were called Xiphos', and their spears were called Dory's. Also you gotta remember that it's not like your gonna be afriad of a million persians with ancient wepons run down your neihbor hood killing everyone. You may think i'm cruel, but i was laughing when Leonidis (I know i spelled that wrong)was slaughtering those light infantry Persians. That would be the =). When all of the Spartans died... :0 , and the sex sceen was obviously 0_0... I pretended to close my eyes at the nude parts, but I left a creak open in my hands... please don't tell my parents :). (P.S. I'm gonna change my member-ship on Commonsense since now im 12 years old, and i was 12 when I saw 300)
Teen, 13 years old Written byTakky95 April 9, 2008

a master peice

My mom loved it, my dad loved it, i loved it, my big brother loved it and my friends loved it. but not ok for ages under 13
Teen, 17 years old Written bymweyer44 April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byNorbert April 9, 2008

Just OK.

Just an ok movie. I was kind of dissapointed with the almost nonexistent, and absolutely non-moving story. The movie also had way, way, way too much sexual content that really wasnt needed. Also, none of the blood during a battle ever touched the ground; it just evaporated before it left the scree. I might reccomend it only if you want to see some really cool action battle sequences. I dont know about the ninjas, jiant elephants or the mutated ogre thing either. I reccomend skipping This movie and watching Gladiator instead.