All member reviews for 300

Bloody, fanboyish retelling of an ancient battle.

Adult Written byeinaragnar April 9, 2008

Adult Written byPATY April 9, 2008

(I CRIED! I LAUGHED!)

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST MOVIES I HAVE SEEN IN YEARS...
Adult Written byjessie187 April 9, 2008

For kids who never want a good night sleep ever again!

My husband and I went to this film yesterday. We have been looking forward to it and had a sitter for our three kids. Just before it starts an 8 to 10 year old girl sat down directly behind us. This is not an appropriate film for this age. It is very violent has some sometimes disturbing and often graphic sexual content. I think that the director did not intend for children to see this. Aside from the sex and violence there are monsterous images and characters including a large tree comprised and naked dead women and children held together by spears and arrows and a wolf that is straight from a childs worst nightmare. that being said I want to make clear that I enjoy this film genre and loved "dawn of the dead" which was also by this director. I really liked this film but was distracted throughout by that thought of this little person behind me being subjected to images that there was no way she was ready for. Please think twice and then think again before taking anyone younger then thirteen to this film-twice for 13-16. Life is long and there is no reason to rush kids into images they are not ready for. So know your kid but don't subject them to this unless you are sure they are ready. Get a sitter and have a night out.
Adult Written byJon2010 April 9, 2008

Teen, 15 years old Written byAmR April 9, 2008

Insane, but awesome

This has got to be the most creative movie ever. I'm sure the novel was just as great. I saw 300 on opening night, and it was so much cooler than I expected. This movie has lots and lots of dismembermants and gore, but if you can take the massive carnage then go ahead and see it. BUT! There are really weird, graphic parts that really weren't needed in the movie, which you can read in the "Sexual Content" section. Other than that weird stuff, it was a fantastic 10 star movie that is a must-see and a must-buy.
Adult Written byportilloleopoldo April 9, 2008

I laughed so much it is ridiculous

Parent Written bycolts02 April 9, 2008

Teen, 15 years old Written byWay2Dramatic April 9, 2008

Fun, but not cinematic gold

This movie is fun, but not the kind you remember, even at two hours in length. It was pretty violent, with many things shown in slow-mo,like decapitations with blood splattering. (Sounds gross? Then don't see the movie.) There is also some female nudity. Violence and female nudity-now you know this is a guy movie;even though I'm a girl and I liked the movie. This movie has potential but where it lacks is character development. All this is is a much of bloody battle scenes put together to form a mild plot. They could've really made you connect to them more and really feel for them when they died (I've you are reading this and wondering why I gave away the ending, did you not take high school history?), but at 2 hours in length, if anything else was added it would "not be over quickly and you will not enjoy it." Thought I'd add a witty comment. All in all, if you like comic book-excuse me,GRAPHIC NOVELS, you'll like this, but something with a plot would be better like The Matrix, or, one of the best adaptations ever, V for Vendetta.
Adult Written bySPART4N April 9, 2008

SEE IT TODAY!

If you are in fact one of those people who love movies such as Gladiator and Braveheart, You should go and see this movie. Though the Story isn't as inspiring as Braveheart or Cunning as Gladiator, The special effects and action scenes far make up for it. The movie is simply stunning, I dont believe there will be any oscar nominations for acting but the movie is a Graphic gem. Im a pretty big movie buff and I will say that this is the first movie I've seen in a while that has truly caught my interest. 300 deffinetly has moved into my top 10 favorite movies!
Teen, 13 years old Written bynnowgoo April 9, 2008

awesome!!!

This movie was so cool! The story is of the battle of Thermopole, in which 300 Spartan soldiers, took on 1,000,000 Persians. "300" had some great slo-mo effects and AMAZING special effects. It was very violent though, with a lot of blood, dead bodies, bloody decapitations, and everything else. It was very violent, but a great movie. I'd recommend it for maybe teens and up that can handle violence.
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Best Movie I've ever seen

Amazing. That's the word for 300. The movie is based on the Spartan king defending his country ignorant of the politics. He takes his 300 best men out and find a strategic spot to fight the Persian army of hundreds of thousands. All in all, this is the best movie I've ever seen. Plan on watching it atleast one more time in theatres.
Adult Written bywoodcut April 9, 2008

300 = Wasted Time

I'm an adult, and saw 300 on an IMAX big screen. $15. It was a waste of time & money. Very poor story line, and 70% of the film shows gory battle scenes, sometimes in "slow motion". Not for kids, and adults should skip this too.
Teen, 17 years old Written byDittochs64 April 9, 2008

Wow This movie was NOT what I expected

so the setup is this: i live in a small town, and i saw an ad on tv for "frank miller's (and thats when i knew whatever was following would be something stylized and that i'd like to see) the 300" at first i was disappointed by the trailer and then i noticed it said "opens everywhere in IMAX and Theaters..." so my interest was peaked. where i am there are no IMAX theaters for 200 miles, and so i was disappointed that i wouldn't get to see this movie in EPIC grandeur, but the opening day i was at a robotics competition in Ann Arbor, and we found an IMAX theater close to the hotel, so we pursuaded the adults of the trip to approve a bunch of us to go see 300. This movie was amazingly epic, and epic was the only word that did it justice. I found two flaws: 1) the sex scene in the beginning was unnecessary and if cut would have made the movie even more epic 2) when it ended, i wanted more, meaning i think it actually was too short... This is the first real epic since lord of the rings, and in my opinion outshone lord of the rings in a few facets (the battles in 300 are soooo amazing). This is the first movie i've seen in somewhere like ten years that has lived up to the trailer, the last ones being the Matrix and maybe V for Vendetta. OK content summary: No "colorful" language whatsoever, they say "hell" once, and its actually in the trailer when they say it. Message: good will always kick evil's @$$, its actually a good message, with retribution for evil as the main theme. No alcohol, but there is celebration and the oracle is blazed to the sky Sex: ok theres a weird sex scene, it felt drawn out, and the audience could definately see the passion in the woman's face, and theres an orgy-esque scene in Xerxes' tent...it was weird and exotic so big issue there Violence: just watch some of the youtube clips, theres tons of dismemberment and actually a couple disturbing decapitations, but overall this is really cartoony violence. halfway through the movie my friend leaned over to me and said "theres sooo much blood, but do you notice its not getting on people or sticking to the ground?" and though bloody, theres no mess... anyway. good movie, good action, well made, and lives up to the trailer too short for my liking but u can't get everything, and the sex was weird overall like 9.8/10
Adult Written bytessbabyy4 April 9, 2008

gladiator who??

300!!! Is one of the best old school war movies since Gladiator. There was never a dull moment and it didnt play by the rules. The nudity was ehh kinda over the top, the amount of boobs flashed wasn't completly necessary but it's not like we haven't all seen it before. The ending was one of the best parts...now im on the edge of my seat for a sequal. whoo-hew!
Kid, 7 years old April 9, 2008

The world depends on you seeing this movie!

This is a freaking amazing movie. If you go and see a rated "R" movie you have to expect that some of the content is going to be bad. Thus said, once that hurdle is jumped, the plot, cgi, acting, and about 1000 other things are done almost flawlessly in this movie. Go see it, or else...
Adult Written byLuke88 April 9, 2008

captivating!

Definately a cult film status -different in style and not in the typical movie stye-- like a comic book video game effect at times--stylish--sexy--captivatng-- Much better than many of the recent battle epic and ancient war films.
Adult Written bycleanocean April 9, 2008

Please don't take your 4 year old to this movie

My wife and I stumbled into this film and quickly noticed the theater was filled with young men/boys ages 16 - 20ish... This is one of the most violent movies I've seen in a long time. I agree it would mostly suitable for folks over 17, but what shocked me was as we were leaving we noticed two couples walking out with toddler, kids at the age of 3,4, 5 years old. As we were leaving we overheard a young girl (around 4yrs old) asking her Daddy a question about whether or not they were going to go back and save the hero and why he died, She seemed worried, distraught and traumitized by the impact of this film. This little girls worry broke my heart, having two young boys of my own, i couldn't fathom having to explain such complex graphic gore and violence to my young boys. Scenes of heads and limbs being chopped off, blood squirting everywhere, graphic sex scene.. this seemed borderline abusive for such a young mind. It really angered that the AMC Westgate Theatre in Glendale AZ would allow parents to drag their babies into this film. Call me niave, but I had no idea such a thing was possible.
Adult Written byg8r April 9, 2008

(I freaking loved it.)

It was UNFORGETTABLE! An awesome story of an ancient battle. Yes there is violence and yes there is 2 scenes of a naked lady. Just cover your kids eyes. I reccomend it to any one who has the ability to breath and argue with me.
Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008

NOT FOR KIDS!!!

Please don't take your kids to see this. Plenty of nudity, sex, violence beyond belief. It gave me shudders, and I'm 21 years old!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bydancingwithmyself April 9, 2008

Good Historical Film

Nicely done Historical Film. Could've been more appropriate if they took out some scenes.