Western remake with plenty of shoot-outs and bloodshed.

Educator and Parent of a 14 and 15 year old Written byLiz Perle April 9, 2008
Parent Written byStepMomSterToo June 26, 2010
This movie isn't so over the top with violence. Nothing really bad about it for older teens, especially in today's overly violent world, but there is violence. I just thought the movie's ending did not fit.
Adult Written byterra100 April 9, 2008

great movie -- has moral underpinnings

This is a great adult film to go see. Depending on your child, a 15-17 year old child could also be taken to see this film -- and I would rarely say this. I wish there was such a thing as a PG-16 rating, because this film's R rating makes it sounds like it would have a lot of objectionable material. But the thing is that if they had rated it PG-13, then they would have had a lot of kids go see this movie without a parent's consent, and that would not have been good -- because this movie is only for older teens and adults, and still you have to know your child. There are very few swear words, none gratuitously said. The sexual material is nothing -- you'll see more in PG-13 movies. There is a lot of violent shooting but you don't see anything truly horrific like what is being played in some PG-13 horror flicks or most rated R movies with violence; the violence is a shoot 'em up western violence, and nothing more was needed than that. I give kudos to the director for being so selective as to get across the needed points but never going past that to gratuitous. There's a lot to think about in this film (I never saw the original), and the protagonist is a good man who wants to do right for him and his family until the end -- you rarely get to see that anymore. I highly recommend this film as solid adult entertainment that doesn't give you the "ick" feeling afterwards.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySpencer15 June 30, 2015

3:10 to Yuma

3:10 to Yuma is an amazing remake that is way better than the old movie back in the 1950's. It has my favorite actor Russell Crowe and it also has the amazing Christian Bale. This was not to bloody but it had strong mild language. This is the best western movie ever made!
Adult Written bykrystalhaze April 9, 2008
Adult Written bysarge123 February 5, 2015
Teen, 14 years old Written byMaWalker66 April 23, 2014

Best Western of All Time

Amazing Movie. Great Characters. Great Story. Great Casting and Performances. Awesome Theme Song. Awesome Action. Best Western of All Time. Everyone will like this movie, especially western, action, and adventure fans. It is extremely exciting and entertaining. Dan Evans and Ben Wade are really cool. It should not be rated are. There is no sexual content, and one f word. I also think it is PG13 violence. Amazing Movie. Must Watch.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySithLordBeast August 12, 2011

pretty good western

3:10 to yuma is a pretty good movie with a pretty good plot. It's set in the west which isnt my favorite kind of movie. But they still did it pretty well. Men get shot and one man gets stabbed which shows quite a lot of blood.. Blood is seen in fairly large amounts at times. Two or three instances of f--k. Other language includes half a dozen uses of sh--, some d--ns, h-ll, a--, b---ard, and b--ch. The language (aside from the f-words) is less than some pg-13 movies language. I would says teens and up should be allowed to watch this. And tweens may be fine watching it too.
Adult Written byTwilight July 17, 2009
Parent of a 2, 3, 4, 11, 11, and 15 year old Written bylover4 June 2, 2009

bad , good ,great

not for kids
Adult Written bySFDad April 9, 2008

Great Movie- lots of Old West Violence

This is a terrific movie if you like westerns and fine acting. Based on the Elmore Leonard short story, it is fast-paced and very well acted. It has some pretty meaningful themes about life and human relationships to ponder. I took my 13 year old son, and he really liked it. I felt he could handle all the shoot em up violence because it was clearly contextual and not offensive or gratuitous...or even nightmare-like scary. There area lot of gunfights and killings, but older kids will understand that. I would not take a kid under the age of 13 or one who is really affected by western style violence, but this is really a good father-son movie night out.
Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe May 26, 2010
Christian Bale and Russell Crowe are both amazing actors and I'll be watching this movie because of them.

A Must Watch!!

This was an awesome movie!! watch it or you're crazy!
Adult Written byjduncan324 April 9, 2008

U lied!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have always trusted u to tell me honestly how bad language etc. was in movies & u let me down in this 1!! There were too many g** d****'s & even a few f words scattered through this movie nothing like the mild lang. u bragged of. I'm very disappointed & wished I would've just watched it w/ my guardian when it came out on dvd!! Great movie but AWFUL CUSSING!!!!! Your reviewer on this one must have been deaf!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byindiemovies August 11, 2015

An Unaccredited Movie, One of the Best Westerns Ever

This movie, in my opinion is one of the best westerns of all time, right up there next to Unforgiven and The Proposition. It's more than just shootouts and the task to bring a criminal to justice, but a story of a man who works to protect his family, and is inferior in the eyes of his son. The final scenes are masterful movie-making, and you find yourself at odds with the villain. There are a couple death scenes that are a little more graphic than a PG-13 rating would allow, like a man having a fork stabbed into his neck with bloody results and shootouts that leave men dead in a bloody mist. There are two f-words, the profanity isn't that bad, and this is perfect for any younger boys who will enjoy the action and might even take something away from the final moments of this film. It's a great one, an overlooked one, and it definitely deserves to be seen.
Parent Written byloveandhope December 16, 2013

my honest to god opnion !! judge me if you want but thats what i belive

I think this movie was great and I honestly would rather my kids watch something about western's than movies about gangsters getting rich or high class business men finding love because if you like it or not this is how our society has came to be and for some reason everyone thinks that their kids shouldn't watch movies with shooting and violence but I grew up on a farm with guns and I learned to shoot when I was 6 and I turned out fine its called discipline and old fashioned A** busting's when I got out of hand and I truly believe that if parents still did that today there would be a lot of problems solved in this world I wish the world was still like the old westerns today I would trade in all my electronics and my cars
Kid, 10 years old July 20, 2011

great movie but some scary & violent parts

great movie but sad and bloody. Amazing acting and a great western. There are lots of good role models in this movie as well as good messages. I don't watch some of the parts.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjohnmarston February 20, 2011

A great movie for mature 12 year olds!

This is a great movie that I have seen several times. There really isn't any nudity except a partial view a woman's backside. F--k is used twice as well as several other instances of cursing, but the language isn't terrible overall. I don't get the reviews that say 15+ or something like that because this movie isn't really that bad at all. Also the main character is very brave and is a great model as well as a family man that does everything for the well being of his wife and kids.
Adult Written byvetron April 9, 2008
Adult Written byMovie Man April 9, 2008

This Exciting Cowboy Western Entertains Adults and Teens

Well, to start with, this film was highly entertaining, and both Russel Crowe and Cristian Bale were awesome! The shoot-outs entertain people who like 21st century action and the acting should win an award! I highly reccomend this spectacular remake.