All parent member reviews for 3:10 to Yuma (2007)

Parent of a 14 and 15 year old Written byLiz Perle April 9, 2008

Parent Written byloveandhope December 16, 2013

my honest to god opnion !! judge me if you want but thats what i belive

I think this movie was great and I honestly would rather my kids watch something about western's than movies about gangsters getting rich or high class business men finding love because if you like it or not this is how our society has came to be and for some reason everyone thinks that their kids shouldn't watch movies with shooting and violence but I grew up on a farm with guns and I learned to shoot when I was 6 and I turned out fine its called discipline and old fashioned A** busting's when I got out of hand and I truly believe that if parents still did that today there would be a lot of problems solved in this world I wish the world was still like the old westerns today I would trade in all my electronics and my cars
Parent Written byStepMomSterToo June 26, 2010

This movie isn't so over the top with violence. Nothing really bad about it for older teens, especially in today's overly violent world, but there is violence. I just thought the movie's ending did not fit.
Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe May 26, 2010

Christian Bale and Russell Crowe are both amazing actors and I'll be watching this movie because of them.
Adult Written byTwilight July 17, 2009

Parent of a 2, 3, 4, 11, 11, and 15 year old Written bylover4 June 2, 2009

bad , good ,great

not for kids
Adult Written byGrady508 April 9, 2008

The best movie of 2007!

UNBELIVABLE a great movie you have to see it! Best of 2007. a 13 year-old film and up very well done a MUST-SEE!
Adult Written bycastlekeeper April 9, 2008

They didn't talk like that(I don't think)

I was surprised at the amount of bad language there was in this movie.I would expect it in gang or war movies but not westerns.I should have known though since nothing is as it should be.The movie was good otherwise.I'm just glad I waited until it came out in DVD so I didn't feel as ripped off by the constant swearing as I would have if I spent the $$ in a theater.Then I really wouldn't have been happy.
Adult Written bykrystalhaze April 9, 2008

Adult Written byvetron April 9, 2008

Adult Written byMovie Man April 9, 2008

This Exciting Cowboy Western Entertains Adults and Teens

Well, to start with, this film was highly entertaining, and both Russel Crowe and Cristian Bale were awesome! The shoot-outs entertain people who like 21st century action and the acting should win an award! I highly reccomend this spectacular remake.
Adult Written byterra100 April 9, 2008

great movie -- has moral underpinnings

This is a great adult film to go see. Depending on your child, a 15-17 year old child could also be taken to see this film -- and I would rarely say this. I wish there was such a thing as a PG-16 rating, because this film's R rating makes it sounds like it would have a lot of objectionable material. But the thing is that if they had rated it PG-13, then they would have had a lot of kids go see this movie without a parent's consent, and that would not have been good -- because this movie is only for older teens and adults, and still you have to know your child. There are very few swear words, none gratuitously said. The sexual material is nothing -- you'll see more in PG-13 movies. There is a lot of violent shooting but you don't see anything truly horrific like what is being played in some PG-13 horror flicks or most rated R movies with violence; the violence is a shoot 'em up western violence, and nothing more was needed than that. I give kudos to the director for being so selective as to get across the needed points but never going past that to gratuitous. There's a lot to think about in this film (I never saw the original), and the protagonist is a good man who wants to do right for him and his family until the end -- you rarely get to see that anymore. I highly recommend this film as solid adult entertainment that doesn't give you the "ick" feeling afterwards.
Adult Written bySFDad April 9, 2008

Great Movie- lots of Old West Violence

This is a terrific movie if you like westerns and fine acting. Based on the Elmore Leonard short story, it is fast-paced and very well acted. It has some pretty meaningful themes about life and human relationships to ponder. I took my 13 year old son, and he really liked it. I felt he could handle all the shoot em up violence because it was clearly contextual and not offensive or gratuitous...or even nightmare-like scary. There area lot of gunfights and killings, but older kids will understand that. I would not take a kid under the age of 13 or one who is really affected by western style violence, but this is really a good father-son movie night out.
Adult Written byjduncan324 April 9, 2008

U lied!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have always trusted u to tell me honestly how bad language etc. was in movies & u let me down in this 1!! There were too many g** d****'s & even a few f words scattered through this movie nothing like the mild lang. u bragged of. I'm very disappointed & wished I would've just watched it w/ my guardian when it came out on dvd!! Great movie but AWFUL CUSSING!!!!! Your reviewer on this one must have been deaf!!
Adult Written byCAMemptor April 9, 2008

Great Update of the Original

Great cast and performances. Interesting that an Englishman and an Australian turn in the best performances of wild west cowboys and ranchers I've ever seen. Don't miss it.
Adult Written byeliakira05 April 9, 2008

AWESOME GUN SHOOTING ACTION

AWESOME GUN SHOOTING ACTION sequence. The plot goes: A small-time rancher agrees to hold a captured outlaw who's awaiting a train to go to court in Yuma. A battle of wills ensues as the outlaw tries to psych out the rancher. I uploaded this on my video blog bootlegg version but its free http://www.boxsweeper.com Enjoy! ;)
Adult Written bylari76 April 9, 2008

Hollywood finally got one right--tastefully done

A lot of gun fights--nothing gruesome. One scene, a doc is removing a bullet from a mans abdomen which they show briefly. Most kids 10 and older can handle this movie for sure. They may even find it boring by todays standards. A man is drawing a sketch of a naked woman from behind, however, very tastefully done. If you love westerns, you'll LOVE this movie!!
Adult Written bydadam April 9, 2008

More involved than the original!

Great story and interaction between the outlaw and the rancher. I recently watch both the original and this remake and I have to say that Russell Crowe is more believable as an outlaw than Glen Ford. I think a must see for adults and older teens. A true Western which is a near-extinct genre.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bysejoplin April 9, 2008