All member reviews for 47 Ronin

Teen, 13 years old Written byAgent_D13 December 28, 2013

Better than they say.

I'm 13 and I went to see this with my friend yesterday. We had seen the reviews and said the reviews aren't always right. For example, the movie 9 was hated by many critics, but I thought it was an incredible movie. So we saw it. It wasn't that bad, I've seen worse movies (*cough The Last Airbender *Cough) Another example, John Carter, critics hated it, we loved it. But nevermind that, I found it strange that Common Sense didn't put a review out till now, I mean, I know they have lives and it's the holiday season, but a representative was on T.V not too long ago! I mean JEEZ! I can understand why they didn't like it, but that's being very picky. I give it 4 stars! Now let's get into the parent's guide. Violence: No blood, 2 decapitations, relatively intense action characters die. It's nothing kids haven't seen in media today. Inapropriate Scenes (S.E Letter after W.): Minor, there is a scene where one character is seen to be H.U.M. letter after O "ing" someone else. Language: One use of the "H" word (Once again, Common sense wouldn't let me write the whole word, yet they do it in their reviews. HYPOCRITICAL MUCH?. That's it. Stuff people buy off the streets: Drinking during a 5 minute pirate scene. I still can't believe Common Sense called this movie "Lifeless". There is action in it. Now yes, it isn't action packed, it does get boring in some parts, but it isn't bland at all. Was the reviewer playing games on their iPhone while "watching" this? I want to add how Common sense blocks all the things in their review when I try to type it. EDIT 1/12/14: It is really pissing me off that there are reviews of people saying this is boring. On reviewer even said that it's Chinese. DO YOUR RESEARCH, THEY'RE JAPANESE! The same reviewer said that the "action scenes are weak" when they really aren't.
Kid, 12 years old May 18, 2014

This film was awesome. The action scenes were cool and the special effects, well done!
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew September 25, 2014

So-so scary adventure has dark themes + romance

My Rating:PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action,scotch attacca and sexuality
Kid, 11 years old January 12, 2014

(Film not worthit enough to give this review a title)

Oh my god, this film was terrible. I went to see it for my friends 11th birthday which is a few days after mine and we all said how boring it was. I shake the hands of the common sense reviewer who write this review, cause it deserves 0*. It is violent and what really annoyed me was this guy hallucinated because of poison and the hallucination was that the antagonist of the film was raping his daughter but the nearby cinema said it just had violence. The story is based on a true legend and is very boring (sorry China) the action scenes are weak and the ending did step up a little but it didn't save the movie. I expect more from Keanu reeves.
Kid, 10 years old January 12, 2014

Not as bad as common sense said.

I thought this movie was just fine. I didn't think it was 1 out of 5 like common sense said but it isn't the greatest movie and the ending is sad so if you don't like these sort of movies with sad endings it might not be the best movie for you. If you like movies with some cool martial arts with a twist of demons in it you will think this is just fine. some violence not over the top.
Teen, 14 years old Written byyuukanda333 January 21, 2015

Not too scary, but violently for the young kids

Kid, 12 years old July 21, 2014

47 Ronin Review

This is a movie that is amazingly good, violent, brutal, and has to do with Fedual Japan. Its is not good to see it as a family especially when it came out: Christmas.