Eminem's edgy, graphic quasi-biopic has violence, sex.

Teen, 13 years old Written byuhya April 11, 2011
one of the best movies ever, but some strong sex, constant profanity, weed smoking and beat up and self shootings make it grown up. very good.
Kid, 11 years old May 6, 2011

Encouraging to follow your dreams

8 mile is a great movie to me there is some violence But it won't scare you to much there is swearing in the Rap battles and stuff but other than that I think anyone Who is 9+ can see it !
Teen, 15 years old Written bymynameisnick April 9, 2011

More mature teens and up. Eminem fans will love it for sure.

This in my opinon is the best drama movie ever. Note for parents, there is a lot of language, some fist fights and a man accidently shoots himself, also three scenes of sexuality. The first scene literaly last one second and you see a rear end, the second scene is more graphic (no nudity) there is a lot of thrusting and moaning and sexual things not good for kids and the third is also a short one (no nudity). Smoking and drinking is seen every once in a while. However this does have a good message to me and that is to never give up.
Adult Written byseen-all-movies October 19, 2010

A good movie, suitable for persons from 14 years and up

Even though this movie contains sexualy material (no direct nudity at all,) it contains strong language and a few scenes featuring violence, it is a good hence to the reality of the less privileged places and people of the world, and if you pay god attention to the sub story and a couple of key lines in the screenplay you will find a message about the injustice of racism. i find this page ratings a bit too high, because this movie sends a good message about how a person can change. even though the lead character, Jimmy Smith Jr. (nickname Bunny Rabbit, played by Eminem) is into a lot of trouble on the streets, being dragged into a violent and dangerous environment, he still manages to rise up and get out, become a strong independent individual. i therefor recommend this movie strongly and say that if you are 13 to 14 u are not too young to see it
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheProdigy November 17, 2015

WATCH IT ON TV!!!!!!!

I just watched 8 Mile this weekend. I wanted to buy the DVD but it is rated R. So, if your child wants to watch it, consider it on the Fuse Network or MTV. On those stations it is rated TV 14. It blurs out drugs, gang signs, all cus words, and completely skips over the sexual scenes.
Adult Written byeminemfan15 June 28, 2011

8 mile

I think the movie is amazing, because of the struggles Jimmy has faced. But the amazing part is how Jimmy got through all of those struggles, by being the better person, and sticking up for what he wanted to do. The movie should not be judged by the language, or inappropriate behavior, it should be judged by the plot of the movie, and the resolution. This is why I think 8 mile is a great movie, and should only be judged by the resolution, not the inappropriate actions that were shown.
Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe May 26, 2010
I love this movie! But watch out parents, no little kids allowed! Violence, Sex, Language, Drugs and Alcohol all play a roll. Adults: a must see; Children: no way!
Adult Written byjoeybombotz April 9, 2008

wow One of the bests

In this movie eminem does a stunning preformance. I believe that kids should be allowed to go see it because its powerfull. im not saying this just because im an Eminem fan but because the movie was just that good Ebert and roeper gave it 2 dumbs up and so do I!
Adult Written bydudelydad2 April 9, 2008

fantastic!!!!

well for starters i heard that this movie is not eminem's life.But anyway i think that teens should be able to see this movie because it brings up alot of topics for parents to talk to their kids about i would recomend this movie to any teenager.I am not just sayin this because i am an eminem fan but i think it is a great movie and eminem fan or not this is still a great movie.
Adult Written byemmab123 July 31, 2015

awesome movie

the movie is great i don't think it's a movie to see with the whole family but kids these days have seen more than the parents think and this movies can have some violence and sex but it also shows another point of view of the life of eminem. Most parents don't even let the kids listen to eminem and I understand that but he truly is an amazing raper even if he curses a lot but he speaks from the heart and this movie is really good. So if your kid is 13 and up and wants to see it with his or her friends you should let them because like I told you kids know about sex and at school now at days they've seen worse things.
Parent Written bydavidrox March 2, 2013

Good, but not for kids of any age

This movie is a very good movie, with good music, and a touching story, but it is NOT FOR KIDS. Nearly every charcter says the F word, the B word, and the S word 20 times each. Also the violence is intense, with guns being shot, knife stabs, and bottles being thrown, or intense verbal fights(again, with terrible language) Also, "Rabbit" walks in on his mom having sex with a younger man, and there is one scene where eminem has sex with his girl friend. Bottom line, not for kids.
Adult Written bygangstabunny11 July 27, 2010

good message

good message not appropriate for ages under 16 or 17
Teen, 15 years old Written bySwitchBlade January 29, 2011

Perfect, but not for kids

Loved it, definitely not a kid movie, but good for "MATURE" audiences i would guess. Shows alot of eminem's true skill in the freestyle battles, and is quite possibly one of the best Music Drama, other then Get rich or dye tryin'. Great for me to help find my style as a young rapper
Kid, 11 years old November 21, 2010

Eminem's 1st movie deal OK for teens 14+ that can handle sex, language and violence

I LOVE this movie! Especially since its Eminem. You can tell that just by my screenname. I have this on DVD and am hoping that they will make it on Blu-Ray because that would be KICK-ASS!!! There ARE some positive messages in this movie, but, like all movies like this, they're practically drowned by the intense cursing and violence, and the sex-scenes.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygracehutch March 21, 2015

Great Movie, but Parents should know

The movie does contain an abundance of inappropriate language, sex, drugs, and various characters that showcase bad behavior, and should not be considered role models. But, on the other hand, Eminem's character, Rabbit, shows a positive message of never giving up, and following your dreams, and that your gender or colour of skin, shouldn't determine who you are as a person. There are 3 scenes of characters having sex, that can be too graphic and inappropriate for those under 13. Overall, this movie is definitely one of my favorites, any Eminem fan would appreciate it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEpicboy21 January 9, 2015

Profanity galore.

From what I've seen so far... This screen identity, Epicboy21, has found at least 20 F-words in the first 5 minutes. Talk about R. Plus, there's a reference to a mother aborting someone from her "fat a**", in rap. Times that by 105 minutes and my calculations would register 120 of them in half an hour. However, probably not. Some parental reviews said Universal's breakthrough R rated movie had nearly 200 F-words throughout. Fewer movies would catch up to this level of profanity. Still, teenagers today have probably heard these words, seen these images, and more. Only saw the first 5 minutes so far, not for the easily offended.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMouldy_Barbeque March 1, 2014

Okay :s

It's Fine If Your Kids Are Familiar With Eminem Songs, Drug Aware , Drink Aware And Sex Aware.
Adult Written bystevenspielbergfan July 18, 2012

Not for young teens.

The movie has about three sex scenes, but only one with nudity (bare butt). There is a gang fight, seven men beat up one guy, there are 2 on 2 fights, and a man shoots himself in the leg and we see a bunch of blood on him in a car. The movie says n***a, motherf**ker, b***h, d**k, pu**y, s**t, etc.
Adult Written byhippiegirlinlove4150 June 23, 2012

great

even tho there is alot of language,eminem is great he never gives up and keeps his head high and abously cares for his family great movie loved it
Kid, 12 years old October 7, 2011

EMINEM

i think this is a good movie but a graphic sex scene (no nudity) and cuss words but teaches u to follow ur dreams